PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2 any good?

Craig
05-Jan-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm looking for a game to just have fun, is TF2 any good? Does it have enough teamwork to make it fun?

Danny
06-Jan-2008, 07:05 AM
id like to tell ya but i can never keep a connection in a match for more than 5 seconds, yet halo 3 multiplayers fine...:rockbrow:

3pidemiC
07-Jan-2008, 04:43 PM
Game of the Year.

Best multiplayer game in a long time.

CornishCorpse
07-Jan-2008, 09:03 PM
Havent played Team Fortress although Im considering getting the orange box purely for it since I love online multiplayer and best multiplayer of the year has to have Cod4 and Unreal Tournament in there. Any game where you can play as a hardcore alien and hoverboard away back to the future style while dodging rockets and occasionally popping a kickflip has to be in the running!

3pidemiC
07-Jan-2008, 10:32 PM
Honestly,

The Orange Box is the best gaming package deal ever. Every game inside it is worth it's own $50 price tag.

Danny
08-Jan-2008, 02:12 AM
^ my favourite being portal, if i didnt play bioshock it would be my game of the year, sure it was short but it was fun the whole time, no halo 3 style waitings for in game models to play out a live action cutscene to compensate for loading it was just great, still got the extras to do.

"this was a triumph, im making a note here, huge sucess...":D

Neil
08-Jan-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm looking for a game to just have fun, is TF2 any good? Does it have enough teamwork to make it fun?

Initially I hated it, but now I love it... Basically the only thing I play.... I play it most days for 20-30 mins..

As for teamwork, you have to really play as a team in many ways to win, but it seems less 'social' than Team Fortress Classic. On a TFC server you'd see people warning each other and talking/typing... I rarely see any such communication on a TF2 server...

Craig
09-Jan-2008, 06:03 AM
Portal was great, one of the most original game ideas of recent years, too bad it was so short.

I might buy TF2 through Steam then, sounds like it's better than I'd heard from initial reactions.

3pidemiC
09-Jan-2008, 08:28 PM
Anywhere you look, TF2 is getting a great reception. If you are disappointed, I will give you your money back.*

*Member will not actually give you any money back. In fact, you might end up giving him money.