Thread: Team Fortress 2 any good?

United Kingdom

Team Fortress 2 any good?

I'm looking for a game to just have fun, is TF2 any good? Does it have enough teamwork to make it fun?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    id like to tell ya but i can never keep a connection in a match for more than 5 seconds, yet halo 3 multiplayers fine...

United States
    Game of the Year.

Best multiplayer game in a long time.

Undisclosed
    Havent played Team Fortress although Im considering getting the orange box purely for it since I love online multiplayer and best multiplayer of the year has to have Cod4 and Unreal Tournament in there. Any game where you can play as a hardcore alien and hoverboard away back to the future style while dodging rockets and occasionally popping a kickflip has to be in the running!
    Why arent you laughing?

United States
    Honestly,

The Orange Box is the best gaming package deal ever. Every game inside it is worth it's own $50 price tag.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^ my favourite being portal, if i didnt play bioshock it would be my game of the year, sure it was short but it was fun the whole time, no halo 3 style waitings for in game models to play out a live action cutscene to compensate for loading it was just great, still got the extras to do.

"this was a triumph, im making a note here, huge sucess..."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I'm looking for a game to just have fun, is TF2 any good? Does it have enough teamwork to make it fun?
    Initially I hated it, but now I love it... Basically the only thing I play.... I play it most days for 20-30 mins..

As for teamwork, you have to really play as a team in many ways to win, but it seems less 'social' than Team Fortress Classic. On a TFC server you'd see people warning each other and talking/typing... I rarely see any such communication on a TF2 server...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United Kingdom
    Portal was great, one of the most original game ideas of recent years, too bad it was so short.

I might buy TF2 through Steam then, sounds like it's better than I'd heard from initial reactions.

United States
    Anywhere you look, TF2 is getting a great reception. If you are disappointed, I will give you your money back.*

*Member will not actually give you any money back. In fact, you might end up giving him money.