Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raiders

Ireland
    Just to let everyone know most of my American family is in one Bike club or another and they DO watch each others backs there are lawyers and doctors and everything in modern bike clubs that take care of there bros for FREE. And the Hells Angels and the Banditos hold MASSIVE motorcycle runs evry year to raise money for one childrens charity or another they even compete to see who can raise the most. So people really dont know what they are talking about anymore in the 60ies and 70ies yeah this was all true nowadays they truly are standup folk that you would want watching your back.

plus comone travling the country on a bike looting and all that it would be like the wild west
    People don't go to hell for doing bad things, they go to hell for doing NOTHING.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by IRA_LCPL View Post
    Just to let everyone know most of my American family is in one Bike club or another and they DO watch each others backs there are lawyers and doctors and everything in modern bike clubs that take care of there bros for FREE. And the Hells Angels and the Banditos hold MASSIVE motorcycle runs evry year to raise money for one childrens charity or another they even compete to see who can raise the most. So people really dont know what they are talking about anymore in the 60ies and 70ies yeah this was all true nowadays they truly are standup folk that you would want watching your back.

plus comone travling the country on a bike looting and all that it would be like the wild west
    They're also on the FBI's list for drug trafficking among other exciting activities. Last summer they had a violent feud not far from here with their rivals the Banditos. Some dramatic stuff took place including a few stabbings. God only knows what the hell they were fighting about, probably who had the biggest cock.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    at least it wouldn't be boring

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    They're also on the FBI's list for drug trafficking among other exciting activities. Last summer they had a violent feud not far from here with their rivals the Banditos. Some dramatic stuff took place including a few stabbings. God only knows what the hell they were fighting about, probably who had the biggest cock.
    LOL comon now THAT is an important argument!!! LOL Im not saying they are chior boys just that they are not the scum of the earth as most think.
    People don't go to hell for doing bad things, they go to hell for doing NOTHING.

United States

IRA, I apologize for generalizing the whole group of bikers. Certainly, there are a lot of folks that consider themselves "bikers" these days - and the prices of a nice new Harley Davidson or those super cool Buells are so high that it does not surprise me to find out that the dudes driving them are doctors and lawyers. (Who else but lawyers and doctors with the exception of maybe a coke dealer can afford those prices?)

Again, it was wrong of me to lump all Bikers in the same group. As with any other demographic, you are going to have a really bad contingent and a really nice one.

But on sheer principle, I don't think I want to be part of a group that is going to perform "raids" on other survivors.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    But on sheer principle, I don't think I want to be part of a group that is going to perform "raids" on other survivors.
    ditto me neither. just because civilization has crumbled does not mean you should go around acting like a bunch of animals - which is exactly what the bikers in dawn are, a bunch of cretin scum and wait they are worse than animals - most animals don't prey on their own kind.

now i just wonder how long it will take for some survivalist nutter to begin lecturing us on "doing what it takes to survive."
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    would you join a group of raiders such as the one featured in dawn '78??
    I dont think that in a zombie outbreak, that there would actually be a group of raiders such as the one featured in Dawn. The biker gang was more of a story device designed to ruin the sanctuary of the mall, get Stephen hurt (and killed) and force Fran and Peter to make a choice to either kill themselves or try to run in the chopper. I dont think Romero put much thought into the "logic" of the bikers behavior. I think that in real life, most biker "gangs" would in fact watch each others back, and act like a family. That statement is based on both an overall sense of what I know about bikers in general, and what I know personally about bikers that I know. I think that any group of people that went out "raiding" would have a much better plan and take more care than those bikers in the movie...their behavior was very unbelievable. I would not be a fan of raiding others survivor groups, but raiding empty buildings would be an essential activity of survival.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    ditto me neither. just because civilization has crumbled does not mean you should go around acting like a bunch of animals - which is exactly what the bikers in dawn are, a bunch of cretin scum and wait they are worse than animals - most animals don't prey on their own kind.

now i just wonder how long it will take for some survivalist nutter to begin lecturing us on "doing what it takes to survive."
    well what it takes to survive...LOL Anyway It was poor wording on my part I rather meant would you be a part of a group that traveled around on bikes or in a convoy and stayed roving rather than being holed up and all. I COMPLETELY agree on the fact of preying on other survivors is Effed up to the extreme and would not even condone the idea even though its a completely fictitious situation.

But roaming around on a Harley in a post apocalyptic world would be EFFING AWESOME!!

England
    would you join a group of raiders such as the one featured in dawn '78??
    Not purposely, but it might be your only choice in some circumstances.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    But roaming around on a Harley in a post apocalyptic world would be EFFING AWESOME!!

yes it would be awesome. especially if said harley came with twin mini-guns attached to the front and a side car mounted 20mm cannon.

now that would be traveling in style.

note: my scumbag comments only apply to the bikers in dawn. NOT bikers in general. i know you didn't take it that way IRA but i want to be crystal clear.
    Last edited by Mike70; 05-Mar-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Ireland
    good to go man I understood that

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    yes it would be awesome. especially if said harley came with twin mini-guns attached to the front and a side car mounted 20mm cannon.

now that would be traveling in style.
    With this guy, you mean?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    With this guy, you mean?

jesus is that from the machete pseudo-trailer? sort of like that but where is my cannon? i need my sidecar mounted super ventilator- oh and a midget sidekick to fire it- complete with a leather flying cap and goggles, sort of like a cross between rocky squirrel and tatu.
    Last edited by Mike70; 06-Mar-2008 at 01:22 AM.

United States
    Prolly not considering that's a group of people you can't expect to trust and their obvious stupidity got several of them killed in a most preventable way. That new movie what's it called? Doomsday? Yeah you really wanna align yourself with that group? Because that's what it'll come to when the raiders have nothing left to raid.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html