Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders

Ireland

Raiders

would you join a group of raiders such as the one featured in dawn '78??
    People don't go to hell for doing bad things, they go to hell for doing NOTHING.

United States
    Not me. I'd rather find some nicer folks to play with!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    nope, but if the right people came along they may be invited to join my little group of survivors.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Not me. I'd rather find some nicer folks to play with!
    Those raiders didn't seem too keen on looking out for each other, did they?

I'd join up with Yokimbo!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    nope i think i'd just sort of lay low and wait for them to pass on by. they aren't my sort of people in any situation i can think of.
    Last edited by Mike70; 03-Mar-2008 at 11:48 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Those raiders didn't seem too keen on looking out for each other, did they?

I'd join up with Yokimbo!
    I geuss your right mate I think I would try to find a group that was slightly more looking out for one another before I would join Myself
    People don't go to hell for doing bad things, they go to hell for doing NOTHING.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by IRA_LCPL View Post
    I geuss your right mate I think I would try to find a group that was slightly more looking out for one another before I would join Myself
    How many raiders were there in DAWN? 25? They lost at least one-fifth of their group during the mall raid because they were too busy having a pie fight. If survival is key, this would clearly be the wrong bunch to fall in with.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I'd probably join - let's face it in a situation like that you can't rely on anyone to truly have your back 24/7 - and I do believe there was a sense of comradery in that group. Assuming I have no loved ones to take care of, I'd probably have a blast ripping my way through towns stealing and looting. I mean if one group is bound to have enough armoury and vehicles to manage most situations, its that biker group in Dawn.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    sounds like a good time to me!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No. I would rather be by myself or with a small group of people I can trust.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Nope, they sure weren't looking out for one another in the mall. I hope I'd join up with a group that cared more about survival as a group. But, who knows, I might lose my mind after the dead start rising. So, I wouldn't rule out riding with such lunatics completely.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    "what the hell are you doing playing around when someone's upstairs shooting at us?"

sounds like they were looking out for each other...?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    "what the hell are you doing playing around when someone's upstairs shooting at us?"

sounds like they were looking out for each other...?
    "Don't be looking for yourselves, look for us now, let's go!" As though anyone heard him over all that engine racket.

The machine gun-toting raider was simply trying to keep those jokers focused, but they were a mess. And look at where it got him: a single shot to the arm and he's left to get torn apart.

United States
    In the novelization written by Romero and Susanna Sparrow, the bikers are portrayed laughing at those so unfortunate in the group to get swarmed and attacked by the zombies during the raid. Overall, I'd say they were typical bikers that did not give a damn about each other.

That being said, I have known a few biker gang members, and they were stand up dudes as far as I am concened, but these guys were few and far between. The majority of biker gang dudes are too whacked out on red wine and speed to give a damn about anything at all.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I was actually in a forum discussing hell's angels recently...

there's a small story behind their descent into chaos...

in the 1940s the hells angels were a peaceful group of motorcycle enthusiasts who would congregate in small towns and hold events such as racing etc...the locals would love having them down and would offer them free food and let most of them sleep on their front yards - there was a real sense of comradery and honour among the group - but the puiblic turned their backs on the hell's angels after a newspaper who were desperate for sales after WW2, set up a photograph of a biker literally swimming in booze whilst on his motorcycle - from then on the HA groups were portrayed as heavy drinking psychopaths and the public reacted very strongly to this - years down the line the group actually ATTRACTS these types of people now, but it was certainly much different back then.

Anyway you still get the odd HA group who do charity and community work and they can certanily be commended....