Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A "Quantum Leap" movie?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    When the cro-mags took wade it broke my heart.

I pretty much stopped watching religiously after that. It was here and there from then on in.

that show right there was the poster child for writers or HPIC taking it out on people they hated behind the scenes. the chick who played wade (sabrina lloyd) hated maggie (kari wuhrer) by all accounts because she was apparently a mega bitch off camera. so a meeting of the minds too place and wade was written off as being led to a breeding camp and presumably killed after she served her purpose. but in later episodes she has a slight measure of revenge against the "maggots" by helping remy escape

also the professor was written off in a similar manner. never shoulda let david peckinpah take over. he doomed the series but he also died a fairly early death.....
    Last edited by acealive1; 10-Aug-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    is it somehow going back in time and altering your childhood experience of quantum leap, ironically? No it's not. remakes and stuff never make the source material any shittier so your childhood remains intact and unsullied.
    While I don't see how a remake changes anyone's prior experience with a classic movie or TV program, you have to admit the same mistakes are being made over and over and over...

"Bakula said that he and Dean Stockwell, who played hologram and time travel guide Al Calavicci in the series, were too old to return to their roles,"

"Too old" to return? Quantum Leap’s premise is about time travel, the characters can be any age you like. Also, Bakula ain’t exactly a grizzled old man. He could easily pull off an updated stint as Sam Beckett and no doubt it would bring fans of the original on-board.

Plus, everyone seems to have forgotten that the sci-fi/time travel premise was simply a device to frame stories packed with social commentary. It isn't going to translate very well as a dopey CGI-laden action spectacle.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post

Plus, everyone seems to have forgotten that the sci-fi/time travel premise was simply a device to frame stories packed with social commentary. It isn't going to translate very well as a dopey CGI-laden action spectacle.
    Dubious, you mean to tell me that there are stories from a movie/show that can exist primarily intended to tell a story with CGI/special-effects as nothing more than backdrops to the actual story itself? Wow, that just sounds shocking to me. Nah, you have to be pulling my leg. No one in their right mind would focus on telling a good story above and beyond just focusing on kick-ass CGI and special effects.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    that show right there was the poster child for writers or HPIC taking it out on people they hated behind the scenes. the chick who played wade (sabrina lloyd) hated maggie (kari wuhrer) by all accounts because she was apparently a mega bitch off camera. so a meeting of the minds too place and wade was written off as being led to a breeding camp and presumably killed after she served her purpose. but in later episodes she has a slight measure of revenge against the "maggots" by helping remy escape

also the professor was written off in a similar manner. never shoulda let david peckinpah take over. he doomed the series but he also died a fairly early death.....
    Well, that's a shitty way to devide which character lives or dies.

They actually have the series on netflix to watch instantly for free.

Me thinks i need to give it another try.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Well, that's a shitty way to devide which character lives or dies.

They actually have the series on netflix to watch instantly for free.

Me thinks i need to give it another try.

watch em in the right order. seasons 1-3 have the episodes all screwed up on dvd. also they're pretty cheap on dvd
    Last edited by acealive1; 11-Aug-2010 at 02:55 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    watch em in the right order. season 1-3 have the episodes all screwed up on dvd
    And where might i find the right order?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    And where might i find the right order?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sliders_episodes

had to use wiki, the site i used to go to is kinda screwed up right now