Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A "Quantum Leap" movie?

Administrator

England

A "Quantum Leap" movie?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I guess it's essentially just going to be a new, extra long, episode.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I guess it's essentially just going to be a new, extra long, episode.
    But, to be a self contained movie, they'll have to introduce the premise, go through a few leaps, and come to some sort of finale/outcome... Sounds like a rush
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I used to quite enjoy that show.

Just checked the Wiki page and it was never fully resolved, so the movie could about his "final" leap and the ultimate resolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_Leap_(TV_series)
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was never a huge fan of the series, but I did enjoy the few episodes I saw. If this film happens, they should make it take place in the 80's rather than present day. The retro feel would really give it an edge, imo.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Huge Sam Beckett fan. Hopefully they won't screw it up like most offerings now days.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    I think they will have to move it to modern to begin with to explain Beckett and Calavicc's advanced age.

The Wiki article claims Beckett never returned...so you could have him contact Calavicc long after the project has been shut down telling him he knows how to get back to his own time with one final mission/jump (not sure how he'd do the contacting seeing as he never returned, but Calavicc could find some sort of time capsule or suchlike).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Chasing Prey

Canada
    it's tied in with sliders, so why not. it'd be a great film

England
    You do luvs yer "Sliders" dontcha Ace?

How is it tied into QL, are they set in the same Universe/reality or something?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I thought Sam Becket leaped into the body of Jonathan Archer and became captain of a starship?

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I thought Sam Becket leaped into the body of Jonathan Archer and became captain of a starship?
    And that Calavicc who we all loved and trusted was a fucking Cylon all along...bastard!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    You do luvs yer "Sliders" dontcha Ace?

How is it tied into QL, are they set in the same Universe/reality or something?

maggie beckett is supposed to be the main guy in quantam's niece.

England
    Thats pretty neat, Ace. I never knew that.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Thats pretty neat, Ace. I never knew that.

i didnt either til about 2 weeks ago. its almost like the sliders mythos never got 100% out there to fans. and i've been watching it since the first season premiered on fox

United States
    I just read the blurb and apparently neither Dean Stockwell or Bakula are going to be in it as Sam and Al for anything other than a "cameo" -- really, they're going to get younger actors to play them? Probably. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the beginning of a re-boot.

Let me guess... they'll throw Megan Fox in there somewhere along with Zac Efron.

Fuck it. That's right. I'm sick and tired of seeing my childhood raped. I'd rather whack off to Estelle Getty work-out videos than watch something called "Quantum Leap" that ISN'T "Quantum Leap".

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 10-Aug-2010 at 03:51 AM.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever