Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wouldnt you prefer reamkes of videogames?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Command and Conquer. Nuff said.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    What about Metal Gear Solid DS
    The original PSone game with Microphone use to distract enemies for Snake to sneak by them, the stylus could be used in some way to like mark a route for Snake or do something like MGS3's medical care feature.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    id buy that if it was the origional, not some 32 bit version of twin snakes.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    More on a DS MGS
    Your best weapon for fighting Psycho Mantis would now be distraction.
    And hand to hand fights with Ninja and Liquid should be revised, made into QTE cut scenes.

Luigis Mansion Wii - I've found more apprecitation for the Gamecube original now and think a sequal or remake using the wiimote could work well.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    .....thats a random piece of trivia.

but good to no for a game of trivial pursuit.
    I'm just saying that because a film/game does well doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    like how ff7 was gonna be re-released on the ps3 then cancelled
    Dumbass, they were never making a remake. They may have considered it, but they never gave it any real thought. What they showed at E3 wasn't a preview, it was a fucking tech demo.

Also, why the hell would it be on the DS? FFVII was on the SONY PLAYSTATION. Ninetendo doesn't own the rights. If it's ever remade for a handheld system, it'll be on the PSP, or PSP2 if they ever give the idea credibility.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    It would be on the DS for four reasons
    1) DS SELLS PSP DOESNT
    2) SONY doesnt own SQUARE-ENIX or Final Fantasy VII
    3) Square Enix supports the nintendo DS they have had a hand in 15 games for the portable thus far, and only three for PSP.
    4) Why on earth would they remake FF7 when they can simply port it for the DS? it's cheaper and more profitable.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^thats why.

plus the first 6 games have been released on the gba and 3 was rehashed for the ds, what with the new crystal chronicles coming out for it i wouldnt be surprised if ff7 came out on it some day.
    im my eyes the psp is a bigger joke than a ps3, now i can imagine some people paying the price for a ps3, granted its bad but its a new home entertainment thing, the psp is just a handheld ps2 that uses an allready dying format to play movies and it costs more than a nintendo wii, thats a rip off right there.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Square-Enix do have ports of Final Fantasy 1 and 2 planned for the PSP it'll still be a 2D sprite game but it will incorperate the extra dungeons from the GBA games as well as the FMV sequnces from the PSone ports. They also revealed they have something big planned for the anniversary this fall.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    They also revealed they have something big planned for the anniversary this fall.
    The entire Final Fantasy series (plus spin off titles) in a big box set exclusive to the 360 with both movies included? Oh well, at least one can dream.

United States
    I would prefer original, fun games over remakes anyday. Sure a lot of the old games would and do port over to the DS in very good ways, but I still prefer a new and fun game over a remake of a game.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i should point out i didnt actually mean remake, i meant portin' em

cus since i bought a ps-one the other day i realized theres tons of games people never get to play cusa games not being old enough to be retro but old enough to be outdated so there thrown to the pre-owned bin and decent condition discs are hard to come by.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    It would be on the DS for four reasons
    1) DS SELLS PSP DOESNT
    2) SONY doesnt own SQUARE-ENIX or Final Fantasy VII
    3) Square Enix supports the nintendo DS they have had a hand in 15 games for the portable thus far, and only three for PSP.
    4) Why on earth would they remake FF7 when they can simply port it for the DS? it's cheaper and more profitable.
    No, Sony does own the rights to Final Fantasy VII. I'm not happy about it, I actually wish it was Nintendo that had the rights, but sadly, Sony does. No, they don't own Square-Enix, but they DO own the RIGHTS to FFVII. That is why all the core Final Fantasy games after FFVII were PS1 and PS2 exclusives, because Sony bought the rights to it. Console development costs money, and you have to buy the rights to develop on a console. However, when a company comes TO YOU and is willing to PAY YOU to put a game on it's console, it's hard to refuse. Sony payed Squaresoft to develop FFVII for the Playstation, if I am not mistaken. In doing so, they also bought the RIGHTS to the games developed. They would have to give the OK to allow Square to develop any of the core FF games or their spin-offs for non-Sony consoles, which explains why the FFXII spin-off will be on the DS. Didn't you hear about the rights troubles that came with the development of Before Crisis? Sony wanted the game to be exclusive to Sony phones, but was convinced otherwise by Square-Enix. That was just for some lousy pre-quel that wasn't expected to make a lot of money anyway, not a full fledged Port, or more likely, Re-vamp of a fan favorite. If Sony allowed S-E to put a remake, port, or re-vamp of FFVII on the DS, then I would be strongly suprised.