Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wouldnt you prefer reamkes of videogames?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

wouldnt you prefer reamkes of videogames?

well, not remakes, but ports to newer systems of older games, like how ff7 was gonna be re-released on the ps3 then cancelled and my recent post in kaos' ds thread got me thinking, what would you want to see make a comeback as a remake or just as it is, be it handheld or console, with 5 mins in paint and a google image search i made up a few pics for a few games id like to see on the ds, given what it can handle, which is surprisingly quite a bit.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    With the success of Final Fantasy 3, Square-Enix are considering remaking other Final Fantasy games, I know they just had ports on the GBA but I reckon Final Fantasy 4 and 6 would make good games with Final Fantasy 8 or 9 style graphics.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually 6 is coming out on the gba soon, though there is a X-2 style sequel of sorts to final fantasy 12 on the ds called ...revenant wings...uh, i think.
    plus theres the new crystal chronicles coming out.
    though 7 is the best my favourite allways has been 8, the only problem there was so much wasted space in the game, like huge areas of ps-one poorely textured land with nothing between towns bu flat land, that bugged me, they could add new subplots and stories if they remade it to fill the sapce, and how random was the oil rig/ lab in the middle of the sea, that'd need a major world map overhaul in my opinion.

capncnut
    If any of them games you mocked up in those pictures actually made it to the DS, in that format, I'd buy one in a FLASH! No questions asked.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    a freind of mine (via piratey means...yaaargh!), knows how to get some games working on em via the little disket thingies, he actualy got ocarina of time working on a psp.

yeah, i wonder were these kinda guys get the time too.:lack of a shrug smiley:

United States
    Most games over 5 years old just don't hold up by todays standards. They may have been revolutionary for their time, but their controls, graphics, and story have aged, especially in the realm of RPGs. The only RPG I can go back to and really enjoy is Chrono Cross for PS1. A shining example of how to do a re-release is Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. Plenty of extras and a bonus DVD telling you the Metal Gear story. Remakes, on the other hand, could go either way.

Final Fantasy III: I've heard good things
    Conker: Live and Reloaded: Bad remake
    Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes: Bad remake
    Resident Evil: Actually, I quite liked this one

Final Fantasy VII is very old school, they would have to update the gameplay as well as the graphics. Or at least something new to make me play it over again. Have you guys played it lately? The characters look like lego blocks that show no emotion.

Spain
    I prefer that the remakes, because te newest games don't like me much... I prefer games Panzer, Baldur's Gate, type. Today there aren't games of this quality... Resume: Old games with new graphics!.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Final Fantasy VII is very old school, they would have to update the gameplay as well as the graphics. Or at least something new to make me play it over again. Have you guys played it lately? The characters look like lego blocks that show no emotion.
    Yeah, it does look a little blocky. Makes you think about what a great leap 8 was over 7. Huge. Especially for a game that only came out a year or so later.

United States
    Some classic video games have good enough gameplay to be worth porting to a modern format with better graphics.

X-Com is a good example.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    The FF series sucks. Square-Enix is crap.

I would like to see ports of old games, like MK II and Zombies Ate My Neighbors in high def though.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I really want to pick up the Resident Evil port on the DS. I've heard lots of good things about it.

Chaos: It would be one of the greatest things ever if they put Zombies Ate My Neighbors on DS!!!

Twitching

Undisclosed
    MGS:TS was the game everyone wanted, it was the original story with PS2 play mechanics and graphics. Came out on a Nintendo console and suddenly it's the game nobody wanted. It's true that the voice acting was changed but only to get rid of accents, in my opinion that was a big mistake but it was still good voice acting nonetheless. There's criticism the MGS2 gameplay doesnt mesh, thats true it was designed for a different sort of game but it makes it more realistic ina way for Snake to have these abilities. Finally in the cut scenes Snake was super powers - he's meant to be a super soldier so why shouldn't he have superior abilities? It's not like he's flying or using heat or X ray vision or anything.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    The FF series sucks. Square-Enix is crap.

I would like to see ports of old games, like MK II and Zombies Ate My Neighbors in high def though.
    really?, 498,500,000 units sold on just the last 4 seems to dissagree.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    really?, 498,500,000 units sold on just the last 4 seems to dissagree.
    Titanic pulled in 1.8 billion dollars at the Box Office alone.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    .....thats a random piece of trivia.

but good to no for a game of trivial pursuit.