Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UK getting a "Director's Cut" version on FXUK?

England
    Its hard to tell. Some podcasts seem to think we are getting an extended version as some scenes that are in the trailer are not in the US pilot. One particular scene right at the beginning definately exists in an extended form. It would make sense for the flow of the story seeing as we are getting the pilot ad free.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Its hard to tell. Some podcasts seem to think we are getting an extended version as some scenes that are in the trailer are not in the US pilot. One particular scene right at the beginning definately exists in an extended form. It would make sense for the flow of the story seeing as we are getting the pilot ad free.
    It would also account for the X minutes difference? I believe the US showing came in at less than 70 mins? Where as FX is talking about 70 mins for their showing!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It would also account for the X minutes difference? I believe the US showing came in at less than 70 mins? Where as FX is talking about 70 mins for their showing!?
    Excluding the commercials, the US version that premiered last night is about 67 or 68 minutes.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    FX say "nearly" 70mins. So the 67mins of the US version is nearly 70 mins isn't it?
    Im confused

The extended scene by the way is

In the trailer you see Rick running down the highway with the gas tank.
    After Rick blows the girl zombie away in the opening scene it disturbs the lurkers in the wrecked cars and all hell breaks loose concluding with Rick legging it off down the highway

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Excluding the commercials, the US version that premiered last night is about 67 or 68 minutes.
    I recon it's the same then. UK on FX starts at 10:00pm and the next program starts at 11:10pm... So 2-3mins of adverts between them!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm thinking they're calling it the "Director's Cut" because there are no commercials. After all, I'm sure Darabont would prefer the show to air without commercial interuption.

Anyway....even if it is different, we'll all get everything on the BR/DVD. So the series will be over in a little over a month....anyone know how long it took for AMC's other shows to be put out on DVD? I'm thinking maybe spring/summer for TWD? It would be great, but I doubt they could get it out before Christmas...

England
    Holy shit dudes, finally get to see what everyone's talking about tonight!!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Holy shit dudes, finally get to see what everyone's talking about tonight!!
    Damn straight. I'll be 'Randy Marshing' at 10pm tonight!

Man, it's been a TWD fan's ordeal-and-a-half waiting for tonight to show my official support, but well, tonight's the feckin' night, WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

England
    Damn guys, any of y'all got a spare cloth I can clean this up with

England
    The German pilot was only 45mins long and was cut to shit. No violence or gore cut just the tension and atmosphere. Pathetic. Why do that?

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Germany has notoriously harsh government censors, i thought everyone knew that. Germany and australia are 2 of the most heavilly censored free countries in the world.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Germany has notoriously harsh government censors, i thought everyone knew that. Germany and australia are 2 of the most heavilly censored free countries in the world.
    Yeah but they cut the drama and tension not gore. Rushed it along

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I saw their version of C&C Generals...all the generals have been made up to look like cyborgs so it's not like you are killing/fighting real people (because we all know extreme censorship makes people better).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Damn guys, any of y'all got a spare cloth I can clean this up with
    I can second the above reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    The German pilot was only 45mins long and was cut to shit. No violence or gore cut just the tension and atmosphere. Pathetic. Why do that?
    Very odd. Germany are so often cutting gore like madmen, but to cut the non-gore stuff?! How bizarre.

I'll be blogging my thoughts in-depth and in-full later on, but I made a bunch of notes last night just to keep my memory of it fresh. In short though, I loved it.

England
    Looks like Fox are distributing a 45 min butchered version and the Directors Cut referred to is the 67 min version the US and UK got. Case solved

MY HOME CINEMA