Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UK getting a "Director's Cut" version on FXUK?

Super Moderator

UK

Question UK getting a "Director's Cut" version on FXUK?

I know Neil attempted a little joke saying that the American release would be cut compared to the UK release, however the other night as I was making dinner I had FXUK on in the background and overheard an advert for The Walking Dead - so I rewound it just to enjoy it, but blow me over when they actually said "The Walking Dead: Director's Cut coming soon to FX" ... so it makes me wonder, how and what will make this a different cut to that showing in America?

Or is it just them saying "Director's Cut" to make it sound funkier? That'd be kind of pointless really if it was no different from the AMC version.

So - anyone heard anything about this supposed "Director's Cut" for FXUK?

England
    Could just be a marketing angle where the suits are aware how easy it is for potential viewers to acquire US shows before they air in the UK. If we get a different version than the US the hardcore will be more likely to watch both. I'll be watching it Nov 1st and the 5th to support it anyway.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    I don't know. That'd be a pretty weird thing to do. To lie about having a different version just to get people to watch it on the actual channel rather than download it ... but well, whatever it will be, just in case it is a different (better) cut than what shows on AMC, I will check it out on FXUK. Besides, I really want to show my support for this show. Although I'd be showing that anyway when the box set comes out.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Although I'd be showing that anyway when the box set comes out.
    Word. I'm excited to catch the show on TV, but regardless of whether or not it's cut between the US/UK versions, we'll be getting the entire series in all it's glory within a year. Fingers crossed for loads of special features and entertaining commentary....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Word. I'm excited to catch the show on TV, but regardless of whether or not it's cut between the US/UK versions, we'll be getting the entire series in all it's glory within a year. Fingers crossed for loads of special features and entertaining commentary....
    How sick is it the show isn't out yet & I'm already yearning for the DVD?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    How sick is it the show isn't out yet & I'm already yearning for the DVD?
    You and me both. I've already got the DVR set to record the whole series, so i'll probably have seen every episode multiple times before the dvd/br comes out. Then I'll watch them multiple times again.

That is...IF it's good. Although I seriously doubt it will be downright bad....
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Oct-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Administrator

England
    I know Neil attempted a little joke saying that the American release would be cut compared to the UK release, however the other night as I was making dinner I had FXUK on in the background and overheard an advert for The Walking Dead - so I rewound it just to enjoy it, but blow me over when they actually said "The Walking Dead: Director's Cut coming soon to FX" ... so it makes me wonder, how and what will make this a different cut to that showing in America?

Or is it just them saying "Director's Cut" to make it sound funkier? That'd be kind of pointless really if it was no different from the AMC version.

So - anyone heard anything about this supposed "Director's Cut" for FXUK?
    You're pulling my chain!!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten

United States
    It sounds like FXUK is just getting a version free of any cuts AMC's censor demanded.
    God is Santa Claus for adults

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hadrian0117 View Post
    It sounds like FXUK is just getting a version free of any cuts AMC's censor demanded.
    That would my day! To have my little joke actually come true would be hysterical

EDIT: http://www.blogomatic3000.com/2010/1...directors-cut/

Like everything else about this extended “Directors Cut” pilot episode of The Walking Dead...
    ^
    EXTENDED
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Oh my.
    If what they describe as the first scene really happens, that will really be making a statement.

.................Must ..........stop..........reading...........about... ......this..............show.................

This truly is event television
    Last edited by kidgloves; 10-Oct-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: spacing
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    that would my day! To have my little joke actually come true would be hysterical

edit: http://www.blogomatic3000.com/2010/1...directors-cut/

^
    extended
    extended!!!

hahahahahaaa!!! We win (for once)!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    extended!!!

hahahahahaaa!!! We win (for once)!
    Yep, you get at least 3 minutes of extra commercials!! :P
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yep, you get at least 3 minutes of extra commercials!! :P
    Hey! That's US territory I'm fairly sure you guys get more commercials break than we do...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    So us Brits are getting an extended version and the Americans aren't?!

Now that's a turn up for the books. I wonder if the extended content features more gore, or if it's down to advertising and programming scheduling etc ... kind of like how on HBO they have their shows just anything from 45 to even 70 minutes (such as Dexter, which is often 50 or even 55 minutes long), which of course doesn't fit into an hour with adverts. I don't know anything about AMC, but if they have more strict scheduling for their programmes and how many adverts can fit in then maybe that's why. I don't think FXUK are like that at all - being that they show Dexter for us Brits ... so maybe that's the reasoning.

Whatever the content of the extended stuff, I'm stoked. Just think, for a change it'll be Americans downloading British-aired content ... the hardcore ones anyway. It'll be on disc eventually, but it's cool (for us Brits anyway) to be getting the extended version on telly. Kinda makes up for having to wait that 5/6 days you know?

Administrator

England
    So us Brits are getting an extended version and the Americans aren't?!

Now that's a turn up for the books. I wonder if the extended content features more gore, or if it's down to advertising and programming scheduling etc ... kind of like how on HBO they have their shows just anything from 45 to even 70 minutes (such as Dexter, which is often 50 or even 55 minutes long), which of course doesn't fit into an hour with adverts. I don't know anything about AMC, but if they have more strict scheduling for their programmes and how many adverts can fit in then maybe that's why. I don't think FXUK are like that at all - being that they show Dexter for us Brits ... so maybe that's the reasoning.

Whatever the content of the extended stuff, I'm stoked. Just think, for a change it'll be Americans downloading British-aired content ... the hardcore ones anyway. It'll be on disc eventually, but it's cool (for us Brits anyway) to be getting the extended version on telly. Kinda makes up for having to wait that 5/6 days you know?
    Yep!!

Me an MZ to the yanks ->

-Carl Sagan