Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3?

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm...sounds interesting.

Just as long as they stick true to the source material, stick true to what we fans hold dear.

And bassman - the reference to the RGB lunch box had me smiling alright - I myself had an RGB lunch box. A wicked red one, had a thermos and everything. It was awesome.

Then stupid high school came along and I had to get a boring "grown up" clear tupperware lunch box ... pfft, stupid high school, stupid growing up etc...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hmmm...sounds interesting.

Just as long as they stick true to the source material, stick true to what we fans hold dear.

And bassman - the reference to the RGB lunch box had me smiling alright - I myself had an RGB lunch box. A wicked red one, had a thermos and everything. It was awesome.

Then stupid high school came along and I had to get a boring "grown up" clear tupperware lunch box ... pfft, stupid high school, stupid growing up etc...

I had the same lunchbox, man.

Just hearing that reference in Superbad made me laugh my ass off. Maybe it was just because of memories, but I liked it.

Anywho, aside from that on-screen reference, I've seen/read many interviews in which Apatow and his group have expressed their love for Ghostbusters and the people that created it.

If all this is greenlighted, I can definitely see them giving it the justice that it deserves. If not....I still have my favorite film of all time. It's not going anywhere.

I'm trying to not get my hopes up, though. I've seen this happen many times. There was a point when Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, and Chris Rock were going to be in a Ghostbusters 3.

Super Moderator

UK
    There was a point when Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, and Chris Rock were going to be in a Ghostbusters 3.
    How glad am I that didn't happen?

T H I S G L A D

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I don't think they would. I've read interviews and all those guys seem to be fans and respect the original(and RGB was even mention in Superbad) so obviously they wouldn't try to make a raunchy R-rated film lik they normally do.

And with the writers/actors/director of the original on board to, at the very least, supervise.....this could turn out to be something really special. Or horrible. Either way. Who knows.

But even as fans, nothing is a guarantee. They could see injecting more of their style into it as a means of "updating" it. Or the studio could suggest it in order to try and bring in the fans of their other films.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    But even as fans, nothing is a guarantee. They could see injecting more of their style into it as a means of "updating" it. Or the studio could suggest it in order to try and bring in the fans of their other films.
    Well after the copy and paste in Ghostbusters 2, maybe Ramis and Aykroyd need someone to breathe some new life into the franchise. I don't want to see another film that's virtually identical to the original.

Note: I like GB2. But you've got to be honest and admit that it's pretty much a copy of the original.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ramis has confirmed GB3.

However, as much as I want this, aren't these guys just a little too overweight and too old to be lugging around proton packs?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Ramis has confirmed GB3.

However, as much as I want this, aren't these guys just a little too overweight and too old to be lugging around proton packs?
    He's confirmed there's a script being written, not that the film will be made. There have been many scripts written that haven't gotten the green light. There's no garantee that it will be made.

It's supposed to involve the original Ghostbusters training a new group. So no, they won't be doing much busting.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    There have been many scripts written that haven't gotten the green light.
    Ask some guy called George Romero about that!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Bill Murray is up for it

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38496
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    That is great news.If Bill Murray is willing to do Ghostbusters 3,then this just might get made after all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    *looks up*

The sky isnt falling...so I guess that means Hell just froze over.

Something happened. That i'm sure of....

United States
    Bassman, you brought back memories, man! I still have my cassette single of 'On Our Own' by Bobby Brown. To this day, still love it. I got my 3 nieces, (aged 7, 5, and 2) into it as well, and seeing them dance just brings me back...
    Last edited by DawnGirl27; 26-Sep-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

bill murray comments on ghostbusters 3

MESSAGE FROM MOD: Threads merged

*bass sploodges his screen*

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38496

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Tonight's closing night film at Fantastic Fest was CITY OF EMBER with director Gil Kenan in attendance and a surprise appearance by Bill Murray. I dug the movie (more on that later), but the reason you're reading this is due to a question Kraken asked during the Q&A.
    I'm sure at some point the video of this will come out, but the non-line for line version of the question was how would Murray feel about strapping on the proton pack and kicking some ghost ass again?

I was very curious to hear Murray's answer. He's not as available to the press or public as Dan Aykroyd or Harold Ramis and he also seemed to be the least enthusiastic about a Ghostbusters sequel...

But tonight he said that he knew "some writers from THE OFFICE" were taking a stab at the script right now (which we already knew) and that he thinks that's a good start. He paused for a few seconds then said that he thinks enough time has passed and that "the wounds from GHOSTBUSTERS 2 are healed" and that he would definitely be into doing another GHOSTBUSTERS movie, stating that the first 40 minutes of the original film is some of the best stuff he's been associated with and the whole shoot was an amazing amount of fun.

He also went on to say that his enthusiasm for Ghostbusters was heightened after recording the voice of Peter Venkman for the video game over the summer. In fact, he said he found himself walking down the street singing the Ghostbusters theme song and then thought people walking around him were going to start yelling at him to "get over yourself, Bill," so he stopped... But the enthusiasm was there.

How cool is that?!?!?

And I got to shake his hand (down in a cave an hour and a half outside of Austin, no less) and have about 30 seconds of smalltalk with the man, where I blubbered something about STRIPES, CADDYSHACK and GHOSTBUSTERS being seminal films growing up and quickly ran back into the huge crowd trying to get at him. I found him to be a lot nicer and down to earth than I expected. It was a great day to be a geek...

Just thought I'd share the words from the man himself on GHOSTBUSTERS 3. If I was concerned about yet another '80s cornerstone being revisited (and possibly ruined) I'm totally over that now. If Murray is excited, then goddamn... who couldn't be excited?

United States
    This is great news.If Bill Murray is willing to do Ghostbusters 3,then it might just it made.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan