Thread: Project Origin

Administrator

England

Project Origin

This is the only thing I've seen that makes me want to upgrade my PC (which can't run anything like this now - too old)!

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/23643/PC/Project-Origin

(Basically the successor to FEAR)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah mate, tell me about it. My PC is no longer capable of running the new games - one of the reasons I got an Xbox360 - although I should be able to run STALKER: Clear Sky (as it's the same as the first engine wise and that, well actually it's improved, but that should just mean it'll run better) ... and then there's Battlefield Heroes which has really low specs on purpose, so that'll be interesting to try.

I never played the original FEAR, only the demo. One of those games which didn't work on my PC, the engine wasn't adaptable enough (HL2 and Doom3 were games which could work on a wide variety of rigs, but FEAR was much narrower in that respect).

Looks rather nifty though.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ah mate, tell me about it. My PC is no longer capable of running the new games - one of the reasons I got an Xbox360 - although I should be able to run STALKER: Clear Sky (as it's the same as the first engine wise and that, well actually it's improved, but that should just mean it'll run better) ... and then there's Battlefield Heroes which has really low specs on purpose, so that'll be interesting to try.

I never played the original FEAR, only the demo. One of those games which didn't work on my PC, the engine wasn't adaptable enough (HL2 and Doom3 were games which could work on a wide variety of rigs, but FEAR was much narrower in that respect).

Looks rather nifty though.
    I just can't justify (or afford) £1500 for a PC to play a few games
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Ditto, hence the Xbox360.

Although I'd dearly love to continue playing PC games as well, I just canny afford it right now. No doubt when I get a new computer in the future I'll pick it up again.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Theres always theft.. ..

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Theres always theft.. ..
    Or prostitution if you suck at thieving...

...but can you suck at sucking? Hmmm...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Or prostitution if you suck at thieving...

...but can you suck at sucking? Hmmm...
    the quote "i dont wanna suck dick at ****ing pussy" would be apt there.