Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: post apocalyptic cartoon series on channel 4

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

post apocalyptic cartoon series on channel 4

So its 3:00 am and i just finished watching a show called afterworld on channel 4+1 its on at 1:30 am every saturday and its set after an unspecified event destroyed all technology and mad e99% of the population vanish.
    its cg and uses frames and the odd effect rather than straight animation but its still bizarrely enthralling form what ive seen,i think you can watch past episodes online here: http://geo.channel4.com/entertainmen...world/fall.jsp

United States
    Bah, UK users only. Damn you Brits and your good shows that we can't watch.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    o.o This looks pretty damn hot and episodes on the site go from 1-100 so everyone should check it out. Ill be watching this for definite after a Battlfield bad company sesh.

Assault on Precinct 13 on BBC1 tonight for us brits.
    Why arent you laughing?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by CornishCorpse View Post
    Assault on Precinct 13 on BBC1 tonight for us brits.
    Thanks for that, only ever heard of the film by name but it definitely looks like a film I'd kick myself for missing. 5 stars in the telly paper as well

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    DUN-DA-DA-DUN-DUN, DUN-DA-DA-DUN-DUN.....

epic movie.

capncnut

"I want a vanilla twist!"

Super Moderator

United States
    Sorry, but my fav PA cartoon is still Thundarr The Barbarian

Who else bursts his bonds to fight for justice?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Thanks for that, only ever heard of the film by name but it definitely looks like a film I'd kick myself for missing. 5 stars in the telly paper as well
    No worries Im the same. Heard good things and the synopsis makes it sound like a good flick, just starting so Im off.
    Why arent you laughing?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    you guys are in for a treat, the premise is so basic, but that gives it so much freedom, it rocks, the remake sucks, who knew?

United Kingdom
    Just finished watching the movie. Damn awesome, one of the best siege movies I've seen.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    So its 3:00 am and i just finished watching a show called afterworld on channel 4+1 its on at 1:30 am every saturday and its set after an unspecified event destroyed all technology and mad e99% of the population vanish.
    its cg and uses frames and the odd effect rather than straight animation but its still bizarrely enthralling form what ive seen,i think you can watch past episodes online here: http://geo.channel4.com/entertainmen...world/fall.jsp
    You can indeed watch all the episodes online... http://geo.channel4.com/entertainmen...h_new_york.jsp
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Sorry, but my fav PA cartoon is still Thundarr The Barbarian

Who else bursts his bonds to fight for justice?
    Oh yes indeed!!! Demon Dogs!!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Assault on Precinct 13 is a great ****ing film. I rewatched it just a week ago or so. The remake isn't half-bad either. But basicly, the remake is more of an actiontake on the same premise, whereas the original takes more of a thriller/horror approach.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    The start of Afterworld reminded me of the documentary 'Life after People' which presented a scenario where every human on the Earth just vanishes. Of course Afterworld, like most PA fiction, hasn't fully addressed the concept of Fido or Tiddles without their master/staff.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

Just watched the first 20 episodes of this, pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and "Assault on Precinct 13" Fooking CLASSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Bah, UK users only. Damn you Brits and your good shows that we can't watch.
    That's payback for preventing us from watching the Battlestar Galactica "Resistance" webisodes.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 09-Jun-2008 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon