Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your method of escaping to somewhere safe?

Undisclosed

What's your method of escaping to somewhere safe?

My plan is to take the Solid Snake approach, I get a cardboard box with some eyeholes. On the outside I write "No humans inside/Ningunos seres humanos adentro". The zombies seeing this will have no clue I'm stealthily Making my escape. How bout the rest of you.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I'd paint my face green/grey and walk slowly....but will avoid saying "brains" cos that's just stupid.

Norway
    Rollerblades and plate armour!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ov3rlord View Post
    My plan is to take the Solid Snake approach, I get a cardboard box with some eyeholes. On the outside I write "No humans inside/Ningunos seres humanos adentro". The zombies seeing this will have no clue I'm stealthily Making my escape. How bout the rest of you.

I don't think that would work.But it is a good idea.

Undisclosed
    Shelter

I would not attempt escape. I live in a small town and will live it up like the hillbilly I've become. My neighbors will fortify themselves in their home or they'll go on the road. If they do that, I'll ask for the house keys and I'm going to chop down all their trees to make a tower and a wall. There will be a draw bridge that is operated via trucks with chains. From there, I am going to dig until I hit ground water and I'll make a natural well. Dig out in front of the wall to create a large ditch about 15 feet deep with concrete coating the inside to prevent them from contaminating the water or digging their way out. Weapon shops would probably be raided quite a bit so I'd probably get what I can from the shop up the road and look through houses some more.

Food

I'd go house hunting to get supplies and such. Vegetation is important, so I'll make use of the home and smash the basement concrete and replace with soil. For lighting and electricity I would use a turn crank generator to get the big lights to keep the crops growing year round.

Clothing

For clothing, people really should've packed their own but whatever, we can go house raiding to get clothes. Once in awhile, hit up a city and carry semi automatics and shotguns. No pistols, too big a crowd to be using them. In the meantime, I'd probably get wood from Home Depot, get other supplies from Wal-Mart and The Mall if they haven't become infested or raided. I'd look for survivors as well. Knowing the situation, citizens would more than likely go to Wal-Mart, Home Depot, The Mall or The Schools for shelter and I may pick up a few or bargain for supplies.

Smokes

I'd have marijuana growing along with the crops. It's not really a pothead thing but more of something to steady the nerves without having to become addicted to cigarettes or have to pop pills. I'm not a pharmacy, nor do I want to guess and check.

Vehicles and Gas

If my crank generator idea doesn't work, I'll be siphoning gas from cars. This should allow for enough gas for electricity to get running or to give our cars some juice.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    hmm I think realistically I'd probably just board up my flat and stick it out - I can easily get to the rooftops of the other buildings as a couple of my windows have another flat roof below them (makes an awesome mid-summer chill out area)...and Tesco is down the road so....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by GhastlyJoker View Post
    I'd have marijuana growing along with the crops. It's not really a pothead thing but more of something to steady the nerves without having to become addicted to cigarettes or have to pop pills. I'm not a pharmacy, nor do I want to guess and check.

Yeah,just something to steady the nerves.

Christmas Island
    Jet-pack:

Banzai pus heads!

Undisclosed
    *Note to self move in with Ghastly*

Steady your nerves or sell it, marijuana would be even harder to come across than cigarettes you'd be the Bill Gates of supplies in zombie world.

Canada
    I would travel under ground,
    using the old sewer systems,
    may be smelly but it might do
    the trick. I would try and set
    up camp in a Wal-mart or a mall,
    I am such a copy cat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ov3rlord View Post
    *Note to self move in with Ghastly*

Steady your nerves or sell it, marijuana would be even harder to come across than cigarettes you'd be the Bill Gates of supplies in zombie world.
    lol, If you live in North Easter Ohio then you're in luck .

Nah, I wouldn't say it'd be harder to come across. Cigarettes that are manufactured are cut off, no one to make and sell. But, tobacco and marijuana can be grown but I prefer not to be addicted to nicotene.

Everyone seems to have a very basic idea of what they will be doing when (hopes it will)/if this happens. I think the question we need to ask ourselves is "can we really do this?" I mean, I'm young, I'm not going to do this **** by myself obviously but I'm sure survivors will be with me. I can fortify my home if necessay but it's refered that I make my own fort. I mean, every home has flaws to it, but when your building plan is to survive the living dead, you are forced to think about how to prevent those things from getting in.

I benefit where city dwellers do not, thankfully. I have woods that I can use to my advantage. I am able to cut down trees and create a basic fort. After doing that, I can use materials that people would consider junk otherwise. boxsprings as a fence, hook a car charger up to it and you get a zombie roaster. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if a family took refuge in their kid's tree house.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    I would travel under ground,
    using the old sewer systems,
    may be smelly but it might do
    the trick.
    I've always wondered why no one ever went in the sewers,in zombie movies.

Undisclosed
    Because, you'd get bottlenecked easily. Sewer systems could be tightly packed, not very good when surrounded. That and there's no good water down there. I'd rather survive in a crackhouse than in a sewer.

United States
    Catch a ride with a friend...he's got this he-lo-copter to one of those shopping malls, the big fancy indoor jobs

Twitching

United States
    Ghastly,
    You hit a nail on the head I've been sort of conceptually groping around for. Look at the threads where people talk about just blithely jogging down a street and dodging/weaving amongst the living dead to avoid them.

Think about that. You're six to eight feet from an obviously dead person, who's reeking so bad they're making your eyes water, and you can tell the only thing they're interested in is getting a hold of you. It'd be even worse if you'd already seen them get some other poor s.o.b.

How easy would it really be for the average person to cope with that? Or being inside your house and seeing some insanity (what it looks like to you) being broadcast live from Channel X Action News, and then looking out a window to see a few of your dead neighbors staggering up your lawn towards the house.

People can say they've thought about it, and they'd be able to deal with it, but speaking for myself I'm not so sure I wouldn't freeze up. I just hope to God I have my deer-in-the-headlights moment and get past it without being eaten/infected.

Sorry for the rambling nature of the post. Just had that notion spurred forwards when I saw your post.

What do you think?