Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Batman: Dark Knight extended director's cut...

Administrator

England

Batman: Dark Knight extended director's cut...

...now Minion has exploded in his pants...

Supposedly the first cut/pass of the film was 3hrs long... So it seems likely we'll be getting an extended directors cut surely?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ...now Minion has exploded in his pants...

Supposedly the first cut/pass of the film was 3hrs long... So it seems likely we'll be getting an extended directors cut surely?
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!

Seriously, at the end of the movie I wanted more to come.

Both versions on a DVD with a bundle of kick ass extras would be VERY NICE indeed.

And indeed, I've gotta change these exploded pants, so if you don't mind...

*Butters voice on* Awww...it's all sticky...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Rumor. Highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt it.

Nolan has gone on record many times before saying that the theatrical cuts of his films ARE his director's cut. Unless the studio does something foolish and goes behind his back, this won't happen.

Besides, I've read the script and there are only a few extra scenes that don't add up to jack. Like the Joker and his goons walking out of Wayne's Penthouse. Nothing worth it, and it's basically alternate angles and such.

Dead

Undisclosed
    I don't think I'd want a longer cut of this film. Everything in it worked perfectly and knowing Nolan, he probably cut stuff out for a reason. However I would want it on the dvd in the special features with commentary.

EDIT:
    Make that a commentary with Bale in Batman voice.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    I don't think I'd want a longer cut of this film. Everything in it worked perfectly and knowing Nolan, he probably cut stuff out for a reason.
    Yeah,I think it's good the way it is.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, as he's got bugger all to put in then ... whack it on the doovde, cos we wanna see it out of interest.

But if there was a DC of TDK in the wings, I'd totally watch it and probably spoodge all over the place, but TDK was plenty good enough already and certainly worth the extra load in the washing machine.

I hope they stick out a really good double disc DVD with lots of cool extras and making of stuff and so on.

lol, a commentary from Bale as Batman would be hilarious, like Batman on his day off, but in character, just chillin'.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    EDIT:

or better yet just get kevin conroy to dub over all of bales lines since he IS the voice of batman

United States
    That would be funny.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Besides, I've read the script and there are only a few extra scenes that don't add up to jack. Like the Joker and his goons walking out of Wayne's Penthouse.
    Any extra Joker footage is good footage
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They need to shorten this movie. It is way too long, and when Heath isn't on screen there is nothing all that special about it.

If they are going to re-edit it, then cut out some of the worthless batman and bruce footage and add in some extra Heath footage, maybe it will make it a better movie.

Heath Ledger is the true star of that movie. He ran circles around everyone and in my opinion saved what i consider a mediocre flick.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    They need to shorten this movie. It is way too long, and when Heath isn't on screen there is nothing all that special about it.
    That's what I thought. Excellent film but a good 30 minutes overlong for my liking.

United Kingdom
    Have to disagree there actually, I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing and was amazed at how quickly it seemed to fly by. It didn't feel as long as it was to me.

I do agree that it would probably have been fairly mediocre if it hadn't been for Ledger though. I found Batman himself pretty boring, which is a shame as the character has the potential to be such a fascinating person.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Amen. Some filmmakers just need to realize that sometimes less is more. I won't say there was plenty in there they could have cut out. But there were definetly scenes that I could have been without. Like the whole Hong Kong trip.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Amen. Some filmmakers just need to realize that sometimes less is more. I won't say there was plenty in there they could have cut out. But there were definetly scenes that I could have been without. Like the whole Hong Kong trip.

Exactly, they could have just shown him tied up in front of the police station. The HONG TRIP was just an exucse for the plane stunt.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    The opposite is often true though...

Look at the LOTR, Aliens, and best example of all, The Abyss... The extended versions are excellent...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan