Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Mistake in The Dead Series...

United States

Favorite Mistake in The Dead Series...

I think a lot of people are like me, and you watch movies with a keen eye. Especially the second or third time. Then you are like "Hey Roger sat up and didn't have any blood on his face" or 'That fat old man zombie who is locked inside the mall going up the escalator is outside trying to get roger in between the trucks".

Some of them are so obvious as to be funny, like a mic in the shoot, or a camera guy reflecting in a mirror. I know we had listed some of htese before but people always seem to find new ones.

I thought it would be fun to list our favorite gaffes from the films.

Night of the Living Dead:
    The incredible regenerating face. The corpse at the top of the stairs has it's face eaten away, but later when it is moved by Ben the face is back. You may need to slow mo this one to really appreciate it.

Dawn of the Dead:
    Let's Do the Time Warp Again. At the TV studio, Flyboy tells Fran that they are going to meet at 9:00 to take off in the chopper. When they actually board and then take off there is a giant huge clock on a building in the background that reads 6:00.

Day of the Dead:
    Holy crap it's a survivor! At the start of the movie as they are flying over town on one of the left side streets you can clearly see a car driving down the road.

Land of The Dead:
    Is it wet? No it's dry. When the zombie army comes forth out of the river if you look closely you will notice only the zombies in the foreground of the shot are ACTUALLY wet. The legion of followers have mysteriously dried off after their aquatic march along the riverbed.

Diary of the Dead:
    NO, it is not part of the Quadrilogy... AND this whole movie was a mistake.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Diary of the Dead:
    NO, it is not part of the Quadrilogy... AND this whole movie was a mistake.
    So true

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    The one you posted for Dawn might not be a mistake at all. They would have left the studio, then the episode with Roger and Peter could have taken place anytime during the night; nobody mentions the time when they're raiding the apartment block. Then another untold amount of time passes before they all actually meet up at the docks to take off.

And didn't one of the guys running around the docks mention something like "it's going to be light soon", while everyone was loading up? I can't remember, but that would fit fine with 6AM.

United States
    Night of the Living Dead:
    bill hinzman, the cemetery zombie, stopping in at a barber shop sometime during the film.

john russo moving his eyes as duane jones is about to drag him away.

Dawn of the Dead:
    the worker at the tv station throwing his hands up in exasperation, only to be seen 2 seconds later with a sweater on, giving the doctor on the talk show rabbit ears. i believe this is only found on the extended version.

the rednecks shooting the old car with the disappearing ghouls near it.

the female ghoul wearing green who is killed during a scene, but moments later jerks when the teepee starts to fall towards her body.

United States
    I always liked the bit in Dawn when Savini zombie gets hit by the truck. You can see the trampoline he jumps off of for a split second.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    The hallway scene in Dawn was the most obvious to me...

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Johnny being killed by a severe blow to the head and later returning as a zombie.

Not exactly a goof, but certainly questionable...

United States
    i've always rationalized that with "well, maybe he just got knocked out cold, and before he could regain consciousness, a ghoul came along and snacked on him a bit."

good observation, though. not sure if anyone else has brought this up on these boards before...

United States
    Day of the Dead where apparently, in a heartbeat hundreds of zombies are literally right on top of the bad guys in a matter of minutes.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I always liked the bit in Dawn when Savini zombie gets hit by the truck. You can see the trampoline he jumps off of for a split second.
    That was the first one that came to my mind.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    Dawn of the Dead:
    the worker at the tv station throwing his hands up in exasperation, only to be seen 2 seconds later with a sweater on, giving the doctor on the talk show rabbit ears. i believe this is only found on the extended version.
    That was the one I was going to say. D'Oh!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i've always rationalized that with "well, maybe he just got knocked out cold, and before he could regain consciousness, a ghoul came along and snacked on him a bit."

good observation, though. not sure if anyone else has brought this up on these boards before...
    Yes, it has been mentioned before. Yes, indeed it has...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yeah,I love that part.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    The one you posted for Dawn might not be a mistake at all. They would have left the studio, then the episode with Roger and Peter could have taken place anytime during the night; nobody mentions the time when they're raiding the apartment block. Then another untold amount of time passes before they all actually meet up at the docks to take off.

And didn't one of the guys running around the docks mention something like "it's going to be light soon", while everyone was loading up? I can't remember, but that would fit fine with 6AM.
    I agree with you there....couple of things to talk about:

"meet me on the roof at 9 o clock" - they weren't on a roof....and they did land in this scene, they had come from somewhere, maybe the roof of the TV studio but they had already met - but similarly Pilato mentions "I caught your friends here stealing company gasoline"....meaning it IS related to the TV studio...odd....

AND....

Couldn't the clock have been stopped? ie...maybe the power for the clock died with no one there to maintain it?

Other favourite mistakes:

Not a mistake but look at the bullet holes Peter makes on the door before the kid zombies open it in the airport - they are definitely poor...a bullet that barely chips the wood on a plywood door?! It's an assault rifle!!!

at the part where Peter says "with those bay doors open, there's gonna be a thousand zombies in here" check out the red light in the fountain - now you see it, now you don't!

Love the hotpants zombie who magically ressurects to avoid the falling teepee...!!

and of course...the trampoline!
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 09-Dec-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Couldn't the clock have been stopped? ie...maybe the power for the clock died with no one there to maintain it?
    It was a digital clock, right? It would simply turn off if something happened to its power source.
    By the way..."the power for the clock died with no one there to maintain it"? Whoa! Thats a HIGH maintenance clock! The zombie menace is still in its early stages and the clock is already on the fritz? They must have needed to employ someone to stand there 24/7 to watch that darn clock.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Johnny being killed by a severe blow to the head and later returning as a zombie.

Not exactly a goof, but certainly questionable...
    even more questionable in the night 90 remake. the fall he takes onto that headstone is literally skullcracking. but yet there he is later in the back of the truck which suggests that he came back. unless the dudes in the truck just happened to search through the cemetary, came upon poor johnny and decided to throw him the back of their pick up.

another thing that strongly suggests that johnny was killed by that blow in night 90 is that the zombie breaks off his struggle with him immediately and turns his attention to barbara. maybe zombies instinctively ignore anyone who isn't moving but still makes you wonder. some chicks have gaydar maybe zombies have the same thing for living vs. dead.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."