Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christian Bale goes apeshit on the set of T4

United States

Christian Bale goes apeshit on the set of T4

From MSNBC

Last summer, a report surfaced that days before he was arrested on allegations of assault in London while promoting “The Dark Knight,” Christian Bale had lashed out verbally against a crew member on the set of “Terminator: Salvation.”

And today, a new tape from the reported July 2008 incident has emerged, allegedly featuring the actor screaming, shouting and using profanity at “Terminator: Salvation” director of photography, Shane Hurlbut.

The best part is his accent, it's all over the place
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 03-Feb-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    wow, dude needs to smoke a joint or something. chill out. it's a movie.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    i've always heard he was pretty serious about his work, i guess this is pretty good proof.

from what i can gather, he seems to have a point to his ranting, but is a bit blunt with his words.

at least someone is serious about t4.

*walks away shaking head in disbelief over the need for a 4th terminator film, and even more confused that christian bale would want to be a part of it*

Super Moderator

United States
    T00minator franchize iz sirius bidnezz?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    What a dick. Too bad to hear this.

Is he solving World Peace ? Cold Fusion ? Cancer ?

Effin Actors.
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    What a dick. Too bad to hear this.

Is he solving World Peace ? Cold Fusion ? Cancer ?

Effin Actors.
    yeah, it's too bad the director (or one of the producers) didn't have the balls to simply say "shut the fuck up christian and go take a break. you work for us, we don't work for you. we're the bosses here. act like a god damn professional and not a fucking 4 year old whose had a toy taken away from them."
    Last edited by Mike70; 03-Feb-2009 at 05:19 AM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    List of people to scream at:

1. Look in a mirror & scream at YOURSELF Christian, for agreeing to be in Terminator 4.

2. McG, for being McG

3. The producuers, writers, & the studio for making the goddamn thing in the first place.

That is all.

Last edited by MoonSylver; 03-Feb-2009 at 05:39 AM.

United States
    Wow. . .well. . . He's a prick.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    If I was the director of photography, I be telling him "I'm the boss, you're an actor, shut the fuck up! Fucking Diva!"

Then I'd go and find another, more professional actor.

Unfortunately, Hollywood is governed by a culture of cronies and connections, so a successful prick like Bale could probably end someone's career if he wanted.

You know, I was sort of looking forward to this movie, but now I'm not sure if I even want to see it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Wow - that's disappointing.

He shouldn't be mouthing off like that ... and geez, it's T-sodding-4, directed by Mc-sodding-G ... ugh.

On the other hand, I have to say that I too have had mouthy rants like that from time-to-time, but when I have them, it's just me on my own being pissed about something - and it does become a huge list of swears and abuse ... simply because I'm pissed off about something ... but I blast that out, in private, and then everything's hunky-dory.

I take it that it was a rehearsal and not an actual take?

I can understand Bale being angry at getting 'taken out of the scene' when you're 'trying to act' ... but equally, the DP has a job to do at the same time, and if it's a rehearsal - then it's a fucking rehearsal, not an actual take - you just wind up in the rehearsals, the actual shit you bring is for the actual takes.

Dude needs to take a chill pill and keep that anger behind a door somewhere, because he most likely doesn't mean it at all - hence what I said earlier about I too having the odd sweary-rant ... difference is, I keep that shit private and work the frustration out of my system and get back to what it is I'm doing.

Everyone has to work out anger at some time - it's how it's done, and Bale didn't do it right at that time, in my view.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    It just pisses me off that he thinks because there's a hundred million dollars riding on the movie, and he is the recognisable public figurehead of that movie, that he can treat the crew any way he wants because he can never be fired. Did you hear him?: "I want him off the set!", like he's the fucking producer, and you know everyone's standing around too scared to stand up to him. It's the whole "I've got the power and there's nothing you can do about it" mentality, and it really infuriates me.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    T00minator franchize iz sirius bidnezz?
    That statement with your Computer Anime guy beating his head off the PC had me laughing my ass off.

This is why I would not want to work with A-Listers because if he pulled that shit with me on a set, I would have fired him on the spot. Movie or no movie. If they wouldn't fire him, they can fire me because I would not and will not put up with that shit. I as the director should be the only one allowed to act like a romper room brat who had his tonka taken away.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 03-Feb-2009 at 11:17 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow. That was a bit much. I can understand that maybe he's having a bad day, but damn.

Reminds me of the Lilly Tomlin/David Russell fight scenes from I Heart Huckabees.

United Kingdom
    Wow. I don't think I've ever heard someone go on that long and aggressive a diva-rant in my life.

I love how it's "his" scene rather than "their" scene... seeing as it takes more than one person to shoot a film.

Oh and btw, what is a DP? I feel really sorry for him if Bale's put the powers that be in a position where they either have to fire Bale or the DP :/
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The DP is the photographer. Director of Photography. As to what a DP does, that varies very much from production to production, but in Hollywood they rarely have that much to say about.