Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pssst ... meet me behind the armory ...

United States

Pssst ... meet me behind the armory ...

Wonder what these Lefty, nut job, Obama supporters were up to?

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/42810197.html

More:

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/poli...al_activists_a

Washington Bus Project: "Boom! It's the Bus. We're everywhere. We might be in Bellingham. We might be in Yakima. We might be in your backyard (go check, just to be sure). Bottom line, we're all around Washington. It's a movement, people!"

Be sure to read about the "Power Corps" and their "boot camp" in Seattle of all places.

http://www.washingtonbus.org/

Sounds like the Obamazoms are looking to arm themselves. Wouldn't it be easier just to drive that bus to Mexico, buy some American AK-47s, and smuggle them back to Washington?

It's a movement, people!

-stray-

Undisclosed
    hippy commies with guns.

United States
    You should just have a single megathread for all your crazy right wing neocon threads! haha
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    You should just have a single megathread for all your crazy right wing neocon threads! haha
    I'm a "neocon"? How do you figure that? Do you even know what a neocon is?

But, hey, back on topic. You're in the Guard. Why do you figure these peace, love and understanding types were breaking into an armory? Maybe they were going to paint a big peace sign on the wall with the word "HOPE" below it?

-stray-

United States
    I really don't care.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Maybe they were going to paint a big peace sign on the wall with the word "HOPE" below it?

-stray-
    Most likely, or chain themselves to the door or something. I doubt those kids would touch an evil thing like a firearm.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    How are they Obama supporters? I see this nowhere.

Don't put down people for claiming you're a neocon if you're going to make similar assumptions yourself.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Most likely, or chain themselves to the door or something. I doubt those kids would touch an evil thing like a firearm.
    Goldstein is 44. A kid, I suppose, if you're 70.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    How are they Obama supporters? I see this nowhere.
    Don't take my word for it.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090209/roychoudhuri

While it's hard to measure the influence of organizations like the Bus Project, it's evident they've been a part of changing the face of Oregon politics and beyond. After canvassing voters across the state in 2004, the Oregon State Senate moved to Democratic control. In 2006 the Oregon House of Representatives followed suit. Bill Clinton's speechwriter Andrei Cherny deemed the project "one of the most exciting, innovative, and energetic progressive organizations in the country."

Maybe they're closet McCain supporters.

Don't put down people for claiming you're a neocon if you're going to make similar assumptions yourself.
    I did not put Ex down. I wouldn't do that to anyone here (not intentionally at any rate ... ), not my style. I asked him a couple of questions. Heck, I know I'm critical of politicians, movie stars, dumbo Olympic swimmers, and general Darwin List types, but I do try to maintain due respect for the people who actually post on these forums.

-stray-

United States
    and perhaps you should just stay out of threads started by stray, as you know the majority of them are critical of the political landscape these days.

I really don't care.
    rinse, reapeat.

not to critique your geo-political viewpoints too much, but don't you get a lot of hell from your military friends? i was assigned to a marine infantry unit, so i imagine it'd be a bit more hardcore and gung-ho than your average army medical unit (that is what you're assigned to, right?), but i still imagine that the majority of military members are of the more "right-wing" types that you and 3pidemic are always so quick to point fingers at and mock. just wondering. we can move this discussion to a pm if you'd like.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 11-Apr-2009 at 05:07 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    but i still imagine that the majority of military members are of the more "right-wing" types that you and 3pidemic are always so quick to point fingers at and mock. just wondering. we can move this discussion to a pm if you'd like.
    I've never really mocked anyone to my knowledge...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    and perhaps you should just stay out of threads started by stray, as you know the majority of them are critical of the political landscape these days.

rinse, reapeat.

not to critique your geo-political viewpoints too much, but don't you get a lot of hell from your military friends? i was assigned to a marine infantry unit, so i imagine it'd be a bit more hardcore and gung-ho than your average army medical unit (that is what you're assigned to, right?), but i still imagine that the majority of military members are of the more "right-wing" types that you and 3pidemic are always so quick to point fingers at and mock. just wondering. we can move this discussion to a pm if you'd like.

1. No thanks, I've been post on HPOTD since forever ago on the old forums. I've been flamed by the best of them and held me ground, and I have no intentions of leaving here. It would be nice though not to have to wade through 3 or 4 anti obama threads every 2-3 days (Generalization but it seems like it. Maybe condensing them into a megathread will help.

2. The military itself is shifting to the left, hell I went to Ft. Sill Oklahoma for basic training and one of the many things you talk with your battles about when you have nothing to do(Often) is politics. It was a pretty even split between left/right and that was back in the summer of 2007. My medical unit itself is pretty evenly split as well, we have republicans, democrats, a couple on the ron paul and ralph nader troll trains.

As for the military as a whole..
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...onations_N.htm
    The report tracked donations of $200 or more. It found that 859 members of the military donated a total of $335,536 to Obama. McCain received $280,513 from 558 military donors.
    Among soldiers serving overseas at the time of their donations, 134 gave a total of $60,642 to Obama while 26 gave a total of $10,665 to McCain. That was less than the amount received by Republican Ron Paul, who collected $45,512 from 99 soldiers serving abroad, the report said.

"The shifting military vote"
    http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2008/11...military-vote/

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    the first article has given me a new favorite phrase: "third degree malicious mischief." i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Goldstein is 44. A kid, I suppose, if you're 70.
    and the other guy is 26. the way i look at it is if you are 25 and under, you are a kid (to me at least). though most people aren't fully grown up until they are 28-30. yes, i am an age snob and make no apologies for it.
    Last edited by Mike70; 11-Apr-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    I've never really mocked anyone to my knowledge...
    pm sent

and ex, those are some interesting statistics and articles you've provided. i guess it's just the type of unit you're assigned to and what sort of people make up the bodies to fill those units. i'm sure that six+ years of war has changed many military personnel's viewpoints on issues, but as for my friends i still keep in touch with, many of whom are still on active duty, they don't support these numbers you've highlighted.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 11-Apr-2009 at 04:21 PM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I really don't care.
    :yeahthat:

I'm all up for a political discussion but this puerile shit is one step from trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    the way i look at it is if you are 25 and under, you are a kid (to me at least). though most people aren't fully grown up until they are 28-30. yes, i am an age snob and make no apologies for it.
    Thats ridiculous.
    People never grow up, they just turn into cynical wankers....

(btw I'm 28 this year).
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 14-Apr-2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I'm all up for a political discussion but this puerile shit is one step from trolling.
    I agree. Please knock it off.

Now did you have a comment on the armory break-in, or not?

-stray-

Bit more info:

http://slog.thestranger.com/blogs/sl...bus-activists/

http://www.redcounty.com/they-saw-so...ngton-bus-blog