Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Mad Max 4 rumours?

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Could happen - we've had Lethal Weapon 4, Die Hard 4, Rambo 4, and now T4, to name a few.

Four-somes are they new "in" thing.

United States
    Considering the salary that Mel Gibson would expect from any live action version, the animated Mad Max 4 film seems more likely.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Considering the salary that Mel Gibson would expect from any live action version, the animated Mad Max 4 film seems more likely.
    Or simply a different actor...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I would love a new Mad Max 4, but they'd have to do it with heavy stunts, and with minimal CGI. Because that's what Mad Max is all about!

capncnut
    I don't care who the actor is or how old Max will be just as long as it's better than Mad Max 3. That film does not exist to me.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I don't care who the actor is or how old Max will be just as long as it's better than Mad Max 3. That film does not exist to me.
    I know you did not just defame the 'Dome, Capn!

I mean, sure it's got a lot of cheese and some...for lack of a better term...daft parts to it, but it has some incredibly sick action sequences and, I felt, some decent characters.

Was the overall effect too cartoony for you? I can see how the film could be too out there for some people, especially after the grit of the first two films.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I love Thunderdome for the same reasons I like TCM2. It's cheesy stupid fun. Totally different from the originals and enjoyable for different reasons.

As for the character and story as a whole.....I honestly think this one is worthy of a remake. If in the right hands, a new Mad Max series could be really awesome.

Please don't beat me for saying that....
    Last edited by bassman; 18-May-2009 at 03:06 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Amen! The only redeeming aspect of Beyond The Thunderdome was the fact that Angry Anderson was in it.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    As for the character and story as a whole.....I honestly think this one is worthy of a remake. If in the right hands, a new Mad Max series could be really awesome.

Play something Ton Ton. Play something sad...

I know what you mean, though, Bassman. It's a shame directing was split up for the film, though I suspect a lot of the parts people don't like about the film come directly from the script, I wonder how much the directing style of the dude who stood-in for Williams made a difference in the final product.

Truth be told, I don't know enough about the film's pre-production etc. to say one way or the other, but I have a fondness for it, especially the Williams directed action sequences.

All in all, though, this 'franchise' (uggh, let's boil it all down to dollars cents, eh?) has so much potential still, whether as a reboot or just continuing things forward with a different actor picking up where things left off with old Max.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Was the overall effect too cartoony for you? I can see how the film could be too out there for some people, especially after the grit of the first two films.
    I think that pretty much answered the question. The first two movies had real grit - the atmosphere was dark and brooding.

Then along came Thunderdome with a candy-assed theme song and Tina Turner looking like a total idiot.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Y'know....it's odd...I'm strangely comfortable with the idea of a new Mad Max with someone totally different in the role. Don't know why....

For example, when an "Escape From New York" remake was mentioned, most fans went apeshit. No one wanted a remake, but rather a 3rd movie & couldn't imagine anyone in the part but Kurt Russell. Mad Max? I honestly don't care if Gibson plays him or not. I could totally see someone else in the part & it wouldn't matter to me. Now Martin Riggs? That might be different....

I'd rather see a 4th one than another reboot/remake. Just throw in a minute or 2 flashback in or near the beginning to catch anyone up to speed that HASN'T seen the 1st one & you're good to go.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    According to AICN, all the vehicles and props that were mothballed when Mad Max: Fury Road was cancelled a few years back have been dug out and are being prepped for filming...

Super Moderator

United States
    I think that pretty much answered the question. The first two movies had real grit - the atmosphere was dark and brooding.

Then along came Thunderdome with a candy-assed theme song and Tina Turner looking like a total idiot.
    So, Capn, you're saying all you want is life beyond...the Thunderdome (domedomedomedome)???

Want a bit of a scare? Maybe lose your lunch?

I warned you
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 19-May-2009 at 08:01 PM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Want a bit of a scare? Maybe lose your lunch?

Why did I click that? Why???