Thread: Anyone else get to see DAWN remake in a mall?

Undisclosed

Anyone else get to see DAWN remake in a mall?

When the Dawn remake came out, me and my cousin were ecstatic about seeing it. We used to watch Night of the Living Dead alot when we were short and less smart, so this brought back my appreciation for zombies. Anyway, we weren't exactly old enough to get in by ourselves yet (I'm 14 now. Odd, eh? I like the older ones more) so we pulled a South Park and got some guy to go with us (we never saw him again once we got in the theater). Anyway, here's the thing: we caught a late showing of a zombie flick that takes place in a mall...at the mall. Our main movie theater is in the mall, so when we got out of the movie, our ride hadn't arrived yet, so we walked around a bit...and every little noise made us jump. I swear, it was creepy walking around the mall after just seeing Dawn '04, because it was just as deserted as the mall we'd just seen. So we caught the nearest payphone and shortly our ride came. Anyway, has anyone else seen Dawn, either the remake or the original (lucky bastards if so...all of 'em), in a mall theater?

CZ

Super Moderator

United States
    One of the times I saw Dawn 04 in the theatres it was at a mall based theatre, which definitely made the walk accross the mall at the end of the evening (after all of the stores were closed) a pretty evocative after movie amble.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    i know exactly what you mean, after seeing 04 walking to the car track1033 and i were coming up with situations on if it was going on right now how we would throw his girlfriend to them just to get in the vehicle
    its all about the Party.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I didn't see dawn of the dead in a mall. but my mom works at a big mall all day. and after I watched the original dawn of the dead. everytime that I go to the mall and wait for her till late when the mall is all empty, I get that feeling of being in dawn of the dead lol.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by glsjaw
    i know exactly what you mean, after seeing 04 walking to the car track1033 and i were coming up with situations on if it was going on right now how we would throw his girlfriend to them just to get in the vehicle
    Haha I can just see two guys and ones girlfriend walking towards the car after Dawn 04' and then a janitor walks up behind them and says "hey." And the guys fling around grab the girl chuck her at him and run like maniacs.

I'll follow him there.
    "When tomorrow comes...We'll be one of them. <3"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Dollie
    Haha I can just see two guys and ones girlfriend walking towards the car after Dawn 04' and then a janitor walks up behind them and says "hey." And the guys fling around grab the girl chuck her at him and run like maniacs.
    Why is it that I wouldn't be surprised if that did happen? Heheh, almost makes me wanna be a janitor...wait...naaaahhh...

Super Moderator

UK
    I wouldn't half mind see Dawn (original thank you very much ) in a mall cinema. Although, when I went to see "Dog Soldiers" with some friends, when we came out of the cinema and turned the corner a couple of dogs were tied up to drainpipes and started barking like mad at us, scared the utter pants off of us. Driving my mates home through rural England in the middle of the night was rather damn creepy too, I put the car in the garage and got inside in record time.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I caught DAWN 04 at the world premiere in LA. The premiere was held in a mall, and Universal filled it with zombies after everyone got out of the theater.

That was awesome.

Here is a link to an old page of my website. I have a 2 min video showing the events of the world premiere

http://playingwithdeadthings.com/DawnoftheDead.html
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*