Thread: Wow! Woman missed flight 447 cos she was late...

Administrator

England

Wow! Woman missed flight 447 cos she was late...

A lucky woman, who turned up too late to get onto Air France plane flight 447 (that crashed last week), has been killed in a car crash.

Sounds like a scenario for Final Destination where death was just out to get her!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    Chalk one up for the crowd that likes to promote the death statistics in vehicles being greater than airplanes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    funnily enough there is a new final destination movie coming out called "THE FINAL DESTINATION". not too on topic but ho-hum.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Chalk one up for the crowd that likes to promote the death statistics in vehicles being greater than airplanes.
    Ha, yeah....that statistic is such bullshit anyway....its EQUALLY dangerous to be in either - you don't usually spend 18 hours in a car, but you do in an airplane. Spend 18 hours in either and you're just as likely to face a dangerous or deadly situation. The truth is, you're probably more likely to survive a car crash - but the frequency of which they could occur to the average human is exactly the same given the time frames in which people occupy them.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Airplanes man....they creep me out!

I love flying to places,but if you actually think about it while your up in the air its pretty scary!especially when wandering down the aisle on the plane & thinking theres nothing underneath you at all!
    When i flew to mallorca last september there was people on the flight crying & panicking both on take off & landing,even though nothing abnormal happened,guess they were having the "MR T" effect coming back was a different story though as we landed at tees durham airport in extremely heavy rain & the plane skidded a bit towards the side of the runway when we touched down,perfectly normal thing for the pilot i expect & we werent in any danger but as a passenger it makes your heart skip a beat!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Airplanes man....they creep me out!
    Yeah, I'm gonna be on one later next month. The first time I've been on one since I was a kid. It's only an hour's flight but my arse is still proper flapping!

England
    Its pretty awesome once you've taxied down the runway & theres that huge surge of power as you get to take off speed though,then you look out of the window and the ground looks at a mad angle as the plane tilts back & to one side!you cant beat that view above the clouds either where its perfectly clear & you can see the jet stream coming off the wings i'd never flown till i was almost 25 so never experienced it as a kid,probably far scarier as an adult as your more aware of what can go wrong!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Its pretty awesome once you've taxied down the runway & theres that huge surge of power as you get to take off speed though,then you look out of the window and the ground looks at a mad angle as the plane tilts back & to one side!you cant beat that view above the clouds either where its perfectly clear & you can see the jet stream coming off the wings i'd never flown till i was almost 25 so never experienced it as a kid,probably far scarier as an adult as your more aware of what can go wrong!
    Wait till we're all in scram jets flying at 10,000mph
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Wow thats really lucky and then really unlucky

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Kinda reminds me of that one Twilight Zone episode. Remember that one? With the elevator? It's sort of old... spooky.

Super Moderator

UK
    I've still not been in a plane - ever. I've not even been on the Eurostar either. I don't really do a lot of travelling ... but I can't afford to anyway, so...

If I could afford to go somewhere - I'd go to Canada.

Also, damn straight that's a dose of sheer luck and then sheer bad luck for that lady.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    So, true. This sounds like a wet dream for whatever cabal of marketers the FAA has set up under some interest group spinning statistics and trying to figure out how to tactfully use this tragedy to maximum advantage.

In the end it's just shit luck for this poor woman and her loved ones. I can't imagine almost losing of a loved one (Wife, Mother or daughter), who had been spared by providence (blind luck, an act of god or whatever you'd want to call it), just to have her die a week or two later.

Hopefully, she did something with that short window of time. Maybe in the light of such a close call she was motivated to take stock of her life and take some action or move in some positive direction in that time that she had left that she may otherwise not have done, had she not almost been on that plane.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Kinda reminds me of that one Twilight Zone episode. Remember that one? With the elevator? It's sort of old... spooky.

..."Room for one more Honey".

One of my favs dude.

Last edited by darth los; 15-Jun-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Death walks behind you...

Undisclosed
    Linkage? I've believed some tall stories in my time but this would rank at the very top if I did without proof.