Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autumn the movie

Undisclosed

Autumn the movie

having just seen this film i cant help wondering are these creatures truly zombies as they make no attempt at eating human flesh and we all know this is the most fundamental traits of a true zombie, has any-one else seen this film and if so what are your thoughts....

United States
    Haven't seen the film yet - is it in theatres, or direct-to-video?

And the only fundamental traits of a true zombie are it being dead, but still walking around. The whole "feasting on human flesh" is just a nice bonus.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Undisclosed
    sorry i have to disagree, eating human flesh is just a big a part of a zombie as being dead is, i dont think the two can be seperated

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    loved the book series, been pimping them on here since like '04 on the old boards, but this was set in a different country, that was a bad sign from the start, ive yet to see it but the trailers looked terrible.

- though i will say the reason this was scarier than anything else id read in a while was because at the start the zombies just shamble in one direction, turning when they hit something and so on, then they start to grab stuff, then pull on it, then beat on it, then group on the slightest noise and beat it to death. there never was a reason like eating people, they just attacked them and that was chilling in the way moody told it.

Administrator

England
    Having David Carradine in it will get it some attention no doubt!

But the reviews I've read have not been good! Even the trailer looks worse than something I could put togethor - Seriously!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    sorry i have to disagree, eating human flesh is just a big a part of a zombie as being dead is, i dont think the two can be seperated
    Romero zombies, yeah. But that's not the whole of zombiedom. The original zombies were corpses resurrected by voodoo sorcerors to use as slaves.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Romero zombies, yeah. But that's not the whole of zombiedom. The original zombies were corpses resurrected by voodoo sorcerors to use as slaves.
    Good point. I would like to add that they (the voodoo types) may not have really been corpses, but just appeared to be corpses.

At the risk of dredging up the argument again, I think that the term "zombies" is a misuse when referring to the Romero films, and instead they should be known as "ghouls"

Regarding the film, I haven't seen this one yet but the trailer looks a little lame to me. Been meaning to read that book for quite a while now, so I will have to do that before I see this movie - just don't want a potentially bad movie to ruin my experience with a potentially good novel.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 19-Jun-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    never finished the book. . i tried, but it got really really boring a little over halfway in, and I just couldn't trudge through it. Maybe I'll try again sometime. Does anyone remember that free book link?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    never finished the book. . i tried, but it got really really boring a little over halfway in, and I just couldn't trudge through it. Maybe I'll try again sometime. Does anyone remember that free book link?
    offline now, moody said 500,000 free downloads was a good enough freebie.

United States

feghes

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    offline now, moody said 500,000 free downloads was a good enough freebie.
    wtf??

Twitching

United States
    Read the book,
    Was a bit dry on the front 1/4th, but I found it rather chilling (though somewhat predictable) once the corpses became sound sensitive. Moody did a good job playing up the feel of the isolation the tiny group of survivors felt, and the natural consequences of his living corpses behavior.

That said, I don't believe I'll be watching the movie. I just don't believe it will translate well when compared to the GAR, RE etc "ghoul movies"...not enough zombie violence for my taste.

That and I find it kind of ridiculous that somehow being a rotting corpse endows the Moody-zombies with bat-like hearing and the keenest sense of schooling since the sardine.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    The first book was weak but the sequels are better. What I've seen of the movie hasn't been promising. A zombie search on youtube will turn up better looking stuff.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    Read the book,
    Was a bit dry on the front 1/4th, but I found it rather chilling (though somewhat predictable) once the corpses became sound sensitive. Moody did a good job playing up the feel of the isolation the tiny group of survivors felt, and the natural consequences of his living corpses behavior.

That said, I don't believe I'll be watching the movie. I just don't believe it will translate well when compared to the GAR, RE etc "ghoul movies"...not enough zombie violence for my taste.

That and I find it kind of ridiculous that somehow being a rotting corpse endows the Moody-zombies with bat-like hearing and the keenest sense of schooling since the sardine.
    they dont, almost everybody's dead, no machines, no vehicles, no noise caused by man in any way, which aside from weather, wind and the occasional bird thats damn near everything gone. That means sound in the english countryside carries for miles and the slightest thing like a door slamming in the breeze echoes for miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    wtf??
    dude are you serious?, this is the way the guy makes a living and half a million free copies is a "wtf" moment?, its been up for years for free he couldn't do it forever.
    Last edited by Danny; 23-Jun-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

capncnut
    It's on Zone Horror right now and will be doing the rounds regularly for the next month.

Edit: Don't bother. I'm halfway through now and it's a serious pile of gash.
    Last edited by capncnut; 24-Oct-2009 at 11:00 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah i got his newsletter about it.

no. thanks. its one of the worst zombie films ever made, which is such a shame considering the source material.