Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead 2008 - Dear God!

Administrator

England

Day of the Dead 2008 - Dear God!

Just flicked over and caught a bit of it on TV! Why are zombies clambering around like spiderman on ceilings? Seriously? In who's demented head did that ever make sense in?

I quickly turned over before any serious damage occurred!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    on another thread about this movie in recent posts we all shared our own traumatic feelings about this movie. the sad this is its not even the bottom of the barrel

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I really don't want to see this movie, but I do want to see this wall crawling zombie, it sounds hilarious. Gonna have a look on YouTube...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    When I saw about 10 mins of the movie, there were tons of wall zombies, ridiculous...its all over the movie it seems?! I got it on my Sky plus but I don't think I'll ever sit through it....the most annoying thing about it all? They've tied up the rights now so someone MUCH BETTER can't remake it into something DECENT! And even more annoyingly, this film bears NO RESEMBLANCE to the original in any way, shape or form. It's like remaking Jaws without the fuckin' shark but keeping Brody and Quint as lead characters!!!!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    *ahem*

127 reasons in 87 minutes why Ghey'08 is utter shite:

Part One:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/04...-part-one.html

Part Two:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/04...-part-two.html

Part Three:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/04...art-three.html

50) "Oh my God, you're fucking kidding me!" ... is what I actually said as a shitty CGI 'zombie' scuttles across the ceiling. SERIOUSLY.

Yes ... I actually sat through this pile of AIDs, but to make it 0.000001% bearable, I made a bitch list about it as I did so.

I saw "Day of the Dead" listed on ITV4, and I figured it'd be the god-awful 'remake' (so not a remake, it's got even less to do with the original than Yawn04) ... but they have also been showing Land of the Dead recently too.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 26-Jul-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Ireland
    Yep.

I have utterly rejected the "run-around" zombie. I hate them and anything they've appeared in just turns me off and I won't watch it.

But the spider zombies take the feckin biscuit.

As Simon Pegg said in his moan about 'Dead Set'...

"Death is a disability, not a super-power..."
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yes ... I actually sat through this pile of AIDs, but to make it 0.000001% bearable, I made a bitch list about it as I did so.
    I'm just thankful that I was able to download this steaming pile of cack instead of paying for it. But trust me, once I finished viewing, that thing was wiped from my pc in case it's utter shit-ness infected it somehow. I was even considering a re-install.

Imagine the poor bastards who shelled out twelve notes for it.

I noticed on the DVD cover there was a directors commentary - how's that one gonna work out? "I'm Steve Miner and I'm the director of this 'film', and before we begin I would like to apologise from the bottom of my heart for putting you all through 87 minutes of pure unadulterated turd."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I really don't want to see this movie, but I do want to see this wall crawling zombie, it sounds hilarious. Gonna have a look on YouTube...
    Seriously, one scuttled along hanging from the ceiling. It was also sped up so looked beyond daft. Other sequences of zombies running also seemed to be sped up to appear like the keystone cops

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I noticed on the DVD cover there was a directors commentary - how's that one gonna work out? "I'm Steve Miner and I'm the director of this 'film', and before we begin I would like to apologise from the bottom of my heart for putting you all through 87 minutes of pure unadulterated turd."
    I'd love to listen to that commentary... I want to hear that thought process and justification...
    Last edited by Neil; 26-Jul-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Well i for one would give Day'08 a 1/10.. and that one would be for (the movie's only redeeming quality)..

Super Moderator

UK
    Ewww ... Mena Suvari? Andy ... dude ...

Capn - perhaps he says something like "I'm the director, Steve Miner ... you know once upon a time I could make a good movie, one such example was Friday 13th Part 2 ... ... I've since started smoking crack."

Administrator

England
    You would kick her out of bed? you in the closet or something?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    You would kick her out of bed? you in the closet or something?
    If she farted yes ... but if she was on strictly good behaviour I'd let her stay I suppose ... for a bit.

Now ... Missy Peregrym, she could stay as long as she wanted.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Seriously, one scuttled along hanging from the ceiling. It was also sped up so looked beyond daft. Other sequences of zombies running also seemed to be sped up to appear like the keystone cops
    That reminds me of a review I wrote when the film came out. I said something similar like "these zombies are sped up so fast that they look like they are in a chase scene on The Benny Hill Show."

Capn - perhaps he says something like "I'm the director, Steve Miner ... you know once upon a time I could make a good movie, one such example was Friday 13th Part 2 ... ... I've since started smoking crack."

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Well i for one would give Day'08 a 1/10.. and that one would be for (the movie's only redeeming quality).
    I'd give it a 3. A point for each of the following:

- Good make up
    - Mena's ass (those cheeks are so tight you could crack walnuts with 'em)
    - The sheer balls of even releasing this crap as a remake to Day

United States
    i've heard so many bad things about this film....i was opposed to it from jump street, and time and tons of negative feedback have sealed the deal:

I WILL NEVER WATCH THIS ATROCITY. EVER.

Super Moderator

United States
    Come on, MZ, her face isn't that weird.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany