Thread: Sending a game across the water

capncnut

Sending a game across the water

I hate to sound completely retarded but my girlfriend just got an Xbox 360. She is a GTA fan of the highest order so I said I would send her my copy of IV. The game was bought in the UK but it's being sent to Norway. Will this work on her system?

Mucho thanks in advance, not just for the answer but for replying to a dipshit who don't know jack.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I hate to sound completely retarded but my girlfriend just got an Xbox 360. She is a GTA fan of the highest order so I said I would send her my copy of IV. The game was bought in the UK but it's being sent to Norway. Will this work on her system?

Mucho thanks in advance, not just for the answer but for replying to a dipshit who don't know jack.
    If Norway is in the PAL 'area' (which I think it is - try Google to see if there's a map of PAL and NTSC areas or soemthing) - so being a UK game it's PAL coded, so if Norway is PAL, then it should be fine.

Or she could buy GTA IV in her own country herself for cheap ... lazy bones.

So yeah, that would be my best guess. Some games have no PAL or NTSC problems (e.g. Ghostbusters bought from America apparently works on UK Xboxes ... the only problem there though is import duties and Royal Mail taxes and two weeks slapped on your waiting time).

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    NTSC = North America/Canada/select parts of South America/Japan
    PAL = Virtually the rest of the world

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Games and films are imported/exported from the UK to Scandinavia all the time. For instance, alot of stores carry DVDs directly imported from the UK. The same goes for games. It won't be a problem.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    NTSC = North America/Canada/select parts of South America/Japan
    PAL = Virtually the rest of the world
    ^ what he said. I believe with Norway you should be good to go.

capncnut
    Cheers peeps.