Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X-Men:The Last Stand

Dead

Undisclosed

X-Men:The Last Stand

Is anyone actually excited about this? Since the movie is coming out this Friday I was just wondering about people's opinions on this movie. There seems to be a lot going for it but it also seems to have its problems.

Pro:
    Part 1 and Part 2 were good build ups to Part 3.
    Most of the cast is in it, not many characters were re-cast.
    Frasier is Beast
    The writers supposedly have balls by killing of a few people.
    It has mixed/postive reviews so far

Con:
    Bryan Singer was replaced by Brett Ratner
    Halle Berry is still here
    It seems like it was rushed
    Brett Ratner is directing

United Kingdom
    I think you forgot to mention Brett Ranter...

I'm going to go and see it, but I ain't excited. I'm a big X-Men comic book fan so I'm going to hate it anyway. Didn't mind the other 2 films, but then they didn't attempt a a major comic book story line.

United States
    I'm looking forward to the film. The source material is legendary.

Uncanny X-Men 130-140 are some of my favorite issues. Back in the good old days with John Byrne artwork.

Any word if the Sentinels show up in X3? That would be wicked.

If they did an X4 film, I'd like to see 'Days of Future Past' from issues 141 and 142

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter
    Any word if the Sentinels show up in X3? That would be wicked.
    yes they are indeed in the film

the clip I saw looked a bit crappy tho' so... *shrug*

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    I am excited about it, from what I have seen so far it looks like it will be awesome. I don't think it was rushed, they took a couple years to make it. As for Brett Ratner directing, none of his movies that I have seen were bad, in fact, I liked Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2 quite a bit. Sure, he hasn't made a great movie yet, but who knows, this could be the one.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It's released here tomorrow (Wednesday). They air X2 tonight. I'm considering popping in X-Men in the video, watching it and then watching X2 tonight and finally round it off by going to the movies tomorrow.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I read a review of "The Last Stand" from it's premier at Cannes and from what I've read.....brace yourselves for dissapointment.

I heard it's basically just one big action sequence. Not only that, but it introduces ALOT of new mutants without any time for the characters to develop(the film is only alittle over 90 minutes).

And one other thing....from what I've read in the review, this probably won't be the "Last Stand"

United States
    My girlfriend is dragging me to it.
    I don't mind.
    Hell,....after some of the flicks I expose to her, I deserrve anything she pulls out of her cute little butt. (movies, that is) - )oh, and she do gots a cute little boohiney!! wooot woot!)
    I will say this, she's not into all those weepy chicka Flickas! (well, maybe this one that I HAD to walk out of the room over, something about a love-letter)
    I just hope they don't do the "Jump on the Band Wagon with all the OVERUSED CGI gimmicks in this one.)
    So, I'm taking her the the Phil Lesh and Friends show......here in KC!!! woot woot!
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 23-May-2006 at 03:45 PM.

United States
    messing around with phoenix is a mistake

the byrne/claremont issues were the best

proteus was a chilling foe
    the seduction of jean grey from phoenix to the black queen
    to dark phoenix was masterful

the glory days of the xmen were long ago

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    My girlfriend is dragging me to it.
    I don't mind.
    Hell,....after some of the flicks I expose to her, I deserrve anything she pulls out of her cute little butt. (movies, that is) - )oh, and she do gots a cute little boohiney!! wooot woot!)
    I will say this, she's not into all those weepy chicka Flickas! (well, maybe this one that I HAD to walk out of the room over, something about a love-letter)
    I just hope they don't do the "Jump on the Band Wagon with all the OVERUSED CGI gimmicks in this one.)
    So, I'm taking her the the Phil Lesh and Friends show......here in KC!!! woot woot!
    Yeah, you should be grateful that she wants to see "X - Men" instead of an even more crap film like "Uptown Girls" or some chick flick like that. I used to hate that about my girlfriend. Luckily we split up a few months back and I can see the films that I want to see

Hey Adreno, I heard on the radio this morning that Widespread has a new cd coming out June 13th. Did you hear about it? They played the first single from it and it was pretty sweet. Sounded darker than most Widespread, though. I can't wait.

I'm sure they'll be playing here soon, too. They usually play here in ATL(their from Athens, Ga.) for about 3-4 nights in a row.....good stuff.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    From what I've read there's a lot or wirework in this one and CGI was actually limited.

United States
    I can't wait for this. So what if there is too many characters, I mean...c'mon, it's the third film. What I want from a third film in a comic book franchise is action and plenty of it.

I think peeps already hate this film even before watching it because Bryan Singer aint no longer involved. So what, the second film was great and will probally go down as the best one, but as long as the action scenes are well done and the actiing is good, well, I'll be happy.

Oh yeah, and let's finally have Iceman freeze himself up in classic Iceman form.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Dead

Undisclosed
    I think the reason people are so upset about Bryan Singer not being involved is because his movies focused on character and had action when it was needed. Brett Ratner doesn't have a good background with character so it just seems like people are expecting this one lack character.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04
    I think the reason people are so upset about Bryan Singer not being involved is because his movies focused on character and had action when it was needed. Brett Ratner doesn't have a good background with character so it just seems like people are expecting this one lack character.
    That's exactly what I've heard about it. I'll go check it out with an open mind, of course. It seems like it could be pretty sweet.

I'm sure the length will hurt the film alittle. I mean, just from the trailers and pictures it looks like it introduces about 10 new main-character mutants and the film is only an hour and a half with alot of action. I'm all for action but I can't enjoy it if I don't care for the characters because of bad development.

But uhh....Brett "Rush Hour" Ratner probably wasn't a good thing(I did enjoy "Red Dragon", however). I'm glad that Singer is helming "Superman Returns", though. From what I've heard/seen, that's sure to be an instant classic.

There still may be some hope for X-3. If it does suck...hopefully they'll get a new director for the fourth film(or stop the franchise all together - who am I kidding? They'll never do that as long as kids give them money)...

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    That's exactly what I've heard about it. I'll go check it out with an open mind, of course. It seems like it could be pretty sweet.
    I really can't wait to see this because I've been waiting since X2 came out. I'm good at keeping an open mind but the trailer looks good and I'm just afraid of getting my hopes up.