Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blu-rays Missing in Action

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Post Blu-rays Missing in Action

There were some real suprises in there. No Monty Python? No Star wars? (Well, we know Lucas is a cash whore, so no suprise there.)

Any Blu rays that didn't make the list that you feel should be in the format?

The big hole in my BR collection are the original and remake of NOTLD. I mean WTF man?

I'm sure there are liscensing issues but they've gotta get that done man !

http://bluray.ign.com/articles/107/1074934p1.html
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    neat article, but its rant on cowboy bebop on bluray is a bit ironic since ive never seen it on dvd and ive been lookin'

-as for night and night 90 its possible they just might not make the transiiton, how many people have a flick on vhs just because it never went over to dvd?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    In time we'll see all of these. I remember it seemed like a lifetime before we got BTTF, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc on DVD.

And I thought Night already had a BR?
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Mar-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    In time we'll see all of these. I remember it seemed like a lifetime before we got BTTF, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc on DVD.

And I thought Night already had a BR?

If it was i wasn't told about it.

is there a link buddy?

Seriuosly, it really bothers me not having it. It's like my collection is not complete.

I'm sure you can relate to that.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    After searching....looks like i'm mistaken. It's on 2 BR's in Region 2, but not on R1. I could have sworn I've seen the 40th Anniversary release on BR....

United States
    Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get a VERY special BR release of only the 30th Anniversary edition of NOTLD to add to our blu-ray collection while the real version isn't released on BR for a number of years. Now, wouldn't that be a kick to the balls?

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

England
    Unreleased titles that I would really like to see...

Night 1990
    The Man Who Would Be King
    Zulu Dawn
    Sinbad Trilogy
    Jason and the Argonauts
    The Time Machine (original and remake)
    Island of Dr Moreau (Kilmer/Brando version)
    The Bounty (Gibson/Hopkins version)
    The Mission
    War of the Worlds (original)
    Enemy Mine

Some good stuff that will be released this year according to various sources

Excalibur
    The Ghost and the Darkness
    Dune
    Red Planet (this looks sweet on upscalled DVD, should look absolutely amazing on BD)
    Alien Quadriligy
    Dollars Trilogy
    Gladiator remastered
    Tombstone
    Forbidden Planet
    Ben Hur

Decent list of upcoming releases for 2010

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/releasedates.html

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    After searching....looks like i'm mistaken. It's on 2 BR's in Region 2, but not on R1. I could have sworn I've seen the 40th Anniversary release on BR....
    The Network release of Night is not region locked, but unfortunately, it is a piss poor transfer for any Americans interested in adding it to their collection...

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Night-...-Blu-ray/6665/

I got the Optimum release which is slightly cropped, but boasts far superior picture quality (Region B locked though)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Night-...-Blu-ray/1687/

Side by side picture comparison of the two...

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content/id...ving-dead.html
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    All I want is an excellent remaster of all the Indy films in HD, as well as a better mastering of Last Action Hero, since they screwed it up yet again for the BR release.

Speaking of Last Action Hero - why is that movie always essenitally shit on? They make it available here in the US on DVD, but in 4:3 format only (if there was ever a movie that needed to be widescreen, this was it - the pan & scan will make you seasick on this flick!) - then when they finally release it in HD, what do they do? Well, they put it back in it's native widescreen format, BUT, they didn't do a good transfer on the flick. I'll never understand the way they disown this movie over and over again.

Oh, and I'd like to see House on Haunted Hill in HD. They released House on Haunted Hill 2 (which was awful) on HD-DVD and on Blu, but not the first one.

I don't get the logic of these companies sometimes..

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here's one you can mark off your "MIA" list. Universal just announced a 25th anniversary BTTF Blu Ray, baby!

http://www.joblo.com/universal-annou...ogy-on-blu-ray

- In the Beginning...: Delve into the genesis of the project, casting, re-casting, the DeLorean, sets and overall pre-production.
    - Time to Go: Production stories through the release of the first film.
    - Keeping Time: The score and the songs of the Back to the Future Trilogy.
    - Time Flies: Learn more about how the sequel came about, the futuristic look, the special and visual effects, recreating 1955 and more.
    - Third Time’s the Charm: Learn about building a western town, Doc Brown’s love story, the casting of Mary Steenburgen, the train sequence and completing the Trilogy.
    - The Test of Time: Back to the Future becomes a phenomenon! President Reagan quotes the film, the Back to the Future ride opens at Universal Studios theme park and fans rebuild the iconic DeLorean. The film’s cast and crew take a look back and discuss why these beloved movies live on.

Over two hours of new features. Wow....and I thought the DVDs had enough already. Also, you know if they went through the trouble of filming new docs that they should give the right attention to the transfer.

Yay.
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Jun-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, just saw this.

The extras! My god man! The extras !

Truthfully I would have bought a bare bones deal but this is just sweet like candy.

ViP

United States
    Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Zombie, The Beyond, Return of the Living Dead, man I could type all day.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2287/pulpfiction.html

Was delayed.... which sucks, but maybe, they're working on a new master.

NOTLD (1968) is available on Region 1 Blu-Ray now: http://cgi.ebay.com/Night-Living-Dea...item2306d30ec9

NOTLD (1990) - when I was at Cinema Wasteland Tom Savini said Columbia will be doing a blu-ray and asked him about doing a director's cut.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 29-Jun-2010 at 09:53 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Dying

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Zombie, The Beyond, Return of the Living Dead, man I could type all day.
    http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Holocau...6466582&sr=1-1
    Looks like Zombie Holocaust is being released in September. I'm not a huge fan of this one but it's nice to see that a grade z zombie flick is getting released. Hopefully Shreik Show does a good job on it.
    I'd love to see Blue Underground put out Nightmare City.

United States
    I want to know where my Blu-Gay Indiana Jones Box Set is as well as House on Haunted Hill. Untill then BR can blow me.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 29-Jun-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    House on Haunted Hill? Original or Remake?

Nevermind....that doesn't matter because they both suck.