Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: monroeville strategy.....

Chasing Prey

Canada

monroeville strategy.....

ok so i've been to the mall before (october 2009) and i've noticed this. its WAY too tucked into the mountains and secluded for that biker gang to have found it. in the event of a real zed break, they probably would get no further than the primanti bros spot a quarter mile away

theres just too much ground to cover coming from the front or back for them to get that close to the mall, at least in 2010. i just know for a fact, they'd be chopped liver before they rode to the part where you drive through that large mirrored building and come to the stone wall at the monroeville parking lot.

thoughts?
    Last edited by acealive1; 02-May-2010 at 06:10 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "We've got to stay in the sticks!"

The heroes knew it, so maybe the bikers did as well. Then as they were avoiding the larger cities they stumbled upon the mall.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    "We've got to stay in the sticks!"

The heroes knew it, so maybe the bikers did as well. Then as they were avoiding the larger cities they stumbled upon the mall.

very true,but have u taken the trip to monroeville from pittsburgh? it involves going up a mountain for about 25 minutes then another 10 minutes of small town driving and turning onto blind streets. its gotta be a small miracle they found it

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    very true,but have u taken the trip to monroeville from pittsburgh? it involves going up a mountain for about 25 minutes then another 10 minutes of small town driving and turning onto blind streets. its gotta be a small miracle they found it
    Why would anyone ever put a shopping mall in a location like that?
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Why would anyone ever put a shopping mall in a location like that?

its pennsylvania. i swear they didnt bother to blast enough for it to be flat land. its all mountains.

United States
    They'd find it easily enough. The helicopter can be seen (not to mention heard, in a dead world with no background noise) from several miles away when it's in flight (which it is every time Stephen takes Fran up for lessons). They just follow where it looks to be landing, and there you go. Look what we found.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    They'd find it easily enough. The helicopter can be seen (not to mention heard, in a dead world with no background noise) from several miles away when it's in flight (which it is every time Stephen takes Fran up for lessons). They just follow where it looks to be landing, and there you go. Look what we found.
    That's always how I saw it as the scene was played out.

United States
    They coulda used a phone book. Yellow Pages -> Gunshops... Monroeville Mall here we come!!
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I thought they used googlemaps or something
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I thought they used googlemaps or something
    One more reason why we'd all croak if his happened. Without mapquest and GPS and whatnot, today's people can't find their way to their mailbox. A cross-state trek like our heroes had would be out of the question.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    lol I think we'd learn pretty quickly to drop the iphones - or at least, tell Romero that
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    That's always how I saw it as the scene was played out.

It's the same principle when they were fortifying the house in night. How do you expect to make all that raquet and NOT draw attention.

Speaking of which, the move to teach fran how to pilot the helicopter turned out to be a costly one. A decision which speaks to how lax they had gotten.

They obviously had considered the possibility of looters as they were in the process of clearing out the mall. To make that much noise would attract survivors in the area, which they apparently they didn't feel was a threat.

They were wrong.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

Speaking of which, the move to teach fran how to pilot the helicopter turned out to be a costly one. A decision which speaks to how lax they had gotten.

What other options were there? Fran made a good point. If Stephen died or became too ill/hurt to operate the helicopter...they would be screwed without having someone else know how to fly it. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    What other options were there? Fran made a good point. If Stephen died or became too ill/hurt to operate the helicopter...they would be screwed without having someone else know how to fly it. Hindsight is always 20/20.

idk where they were looking from, but its harder than hell to see that roof let alone a chooper

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It's the same principle when they were fortifying the house in night. How do you expect to make all that raquet and NOT draw attention.

They obviously had considered the possibility of looters as they were in the process of clearing out the mall. To make that much noise would attract survivors in the area, which they apparently they didn't feel was a threat.

They were wrong.

The helicopter did not attract the biker gang. They were coming either way. The first time they saw the helicopter they were within line of sight of the mall. They were already right there.

I also don't buy the idea that "all that racket" would attract anything. Just how far does the sound of a truck or helicopter travel? Not very far in terms of the entire city being deserted. I can sit in my back yard and see the highway through the trees - yet I can't hear the trucks on it. Sound just doesn't travel that far.

I don't buy that the helicopter was a liability, and Fran knowing how to fly it was a major asset considering how impulsive Stephen turned out to be. Even if Stephen and Roger had lived, it still made sense to have multiple pilots if they were going to make a long haul toward anywhere.

The major draw of the mall was the gun shop. We often criticize the Dawn crew for sitting idle inside the mall when we think they should be out scouting the surroundings for supplies. The biker gang probably picked up a map and a yellow pages and was hitting every place around for guns, ammo, and other things. They probably would've gone 25 or even 50 miles out of their way to hit the mall given the gun shop within.

The only thing the Dawn crew really did wrong was attack the bikers. They built a wall to fool intruders and then didn't use it when the time came. Had they stuck to their plan Stephen would've lived. They probably would've left then anyway, since we know they were planning to, but it would've been intact and on their terms.
    Last edited by Trin; 04-May-2010 at 12:56 AM.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.