Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops - proper trailer...

Super Moderator

UK

Call of Duty: Black Ops - proper trailer...

Nevermind those pokey little teasers, we've got a proper trailer now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3NQWqL14jc

United Kingdom
    I was trying to think of a clever way to pretend that I mistook it for a MW2 trailer but really, it looks absolutely the-goddamn-same.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Fuck it, it's Treyarch - I thought they only had rights to the WW2 COD franchise but it seems they're just cloning IW's work one after the other...

Treyarch have routinely bored me with their COD games. WAW was ok - some fun moments, let down by boring level design.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the typical rock music being used. Usually people around here(looks at MZ) are all over that stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I was trying to think of a clever way to pretend that I mistook it for a MW2 trailer but really, it looks absolutely the-goddamn-same.
    That was my first thought. And the little bit of MW2 that I played....pretty much sucked. Same ol, same ol. No way I was going to buy the usual shooter stuff in only a...what? Six hour single player? Pass on that and piss on this. These COD games are getting out of hand...
    Last edited by bassman; 19-May-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Perhaps that's the look they are going for. I know it's their property but when there's a winning/lucrative formula expect copycats.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    I'm still holding out for my WWI Call of Duty game that follows the birth and creation of the Canadian Corps, to their first battle at Neuve Chapelle, then Ypres, and the Somme, Vimy-Ridge, Passchendaele, 100 days offensive, etc. I would love to play that, but the chances of that happening is incredibly doubtful, as every game seems to be about America. Shit, you could replace the score with 'America, Fuck Yea' and it would fit the games completely.

Yes, I am aware that there are portions that take place from the perspective of English units, Russians, and I think I remember playing one that took place from the perspective of the Polish, but the only Canadian portion of a game that strikes my mind is the tiny part in Call of Duty 3. I think it was COD3 anyways, I can't remember.

Super Moderator

United States
    Sorry, Mo. You got Wolverine, Forever Knight and BNL. That completely uses up the coolness quota allotted per capita to your great nation.

On the plus side, there are a lot of great Candian actors and hot women of Canadian origin.

Feel better?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Canada
    Wolverine was cool until every writer pretty much forgot everything about him besides mysterious past, and hyper active regenerating abilities. Shit, he should rightly be one of the most skilled fighters on Earth, if not the most skilled, but everyone seems to write him as some brutish beserker.

Never heard of forever knight, lemme check wikipedia....hurm..that sounds pretty neat, I guess.

BNL is given, you owe us for them. Not to divert the topic from its original discussion, but have you heard their new CD?

I would love to play a WWI or WWII game from the Canadian perspective...we were seriously hard asses during both of the wars.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Now that Mo brings this up it would be interesting to read the history books published in different nations in order to see which roles in the wars are emphasized.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    fuck.this.shit. after the garbage that MW2 turned out to be, the shitty 15-dollar map packs, and the arrogance of activision, i am going to make it my mission to never purchase another activision game again, particularly CoD games.

the CoD franchise has been successfully milked to death by crapavision, just like they did to guitar hero, tony hawk, and spider-man...no surprise, but this looks completely uninspired and probably the exact same as the last few games. no thanks.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    fuck.this.shit. after the garbage that MW2 turned out to be, the shitty 15-dollar map packs, and the arrogance of activision, i am going to make it my mission to never purchase another activision game again, particularly CoD games.

the CoD franchise has been successfully milked to death by crapavision, just like they did to guitar hero, tony hawk, and spider-man...no surprise, but this looks completely uninspired and probably the exact same as the last few games. no thanks.

And I hear a Vietnam game is on the horizon!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    And I hear a Vietnam game is on the horizon!!

Actually, this game features bits that take place in Vietnam. This is what was rumored to be Treyarch's Vietnam CoD game.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Actually, this game features bits that take place in Vietnam. This is what was rumored to be Treyarch's Vietnam CoD game.
    They're going to have to do something really good to get people interested in that game. Seems like a step backward from the high tech CODMW2 and others coming out.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    They're going to have to do something really good to get people interested in that game. Seems like a step backward from the high tech CODMW2 and others coming out.

There seems to be a touch of Assassin's Creed to COD7 by the looks of things, the original teaser had all these clues featuring modern kit and dates, and in this new trailer you briefly see an older looking guy who's bald ... who could be the same guy you see with a beared and short black hair in the rest of the trailer.

Perhaps a touch of a sci-fi element thrown into the mix ... intriguing.

Sometimes you want a slab of action pie, and that's where COD comes into the mix. I do hope that Treyarch manage to remove some of the 'videogamey' feel of WaW - like, WaW still felt like a videogame, whereas MW1&2 felt like an experience ... they felt like an action movie (in a good way).

United States
    Looks like 'Nam to me: