Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Chaplin clip proves time travel?

Administrator

England

Charlie Chaplin clip proves time travel?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    yeah, strange one that - could be any number of explanations and I'm sure there's been many cases of someone talking aloud whilst cupping their ear LONG before mobile phones were invented anyway....besides - who would they be speaking to? Good fun though!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    nice how the first thing this guy does is pimp his "film productions." it is always funny how people jump to the first and wildest conclusion they can come to. the law of parsimony, people, the law of parsimony - learn it, love it, and use it.

anyhoo neil, this has already been debunked. it is most likely a siemens 1924 hearing aid.

here is a link with a vid of someone else, up close this time, using one of these hearing aids. it looks a lot like someone on a cell phone.

this is just one of many places where you can find information debunking this.

http://movies.popcrunch.com/charlie-...4-hearing-aid/
    Last edited by Mike70; 30-Oct-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: don't be gullible
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    nice how the first thing this guy does is pimp his "film productions." it is always funny how people jump to the first and wildest conclusion they can come to. the law of parsimony, people, the law of parsimony - learn it, love it, and use it.

anyhoo neil, this has already been debunked. it is most likely a siemens 1924 hearing aid.

here is a link with a vid of someone else, up close this time, using one of these hearing aids. it looks a lot like someone on a cell phone.

this is just one of many places where you can find information debunking this.

http://movies.popcrunch.com/charlie-...4-hearing-aid/
    Oh sure, that's what THEY want you to think! *cocks tin foil hat at a jaunty angle*

Last edited by MoonSylver; 30-Oct-2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: time travelerz ate mai post

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow. How cool is that? I totally believe it. pfft. Some people try way too hard with this silly kind of shit.

I suppose the satelites were sent back in time too? Cell phones don't work on their own...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I suppose the satelites were sent back in time too? Cell phones don't work on their own...

Quiet you! With your logic and reeeeason! You're getting in the way of my paranoid fantasies & superstitious delusions!

Last edited by MoonSylver; 30-Oct-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: alien brain waves

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    yeah, strange one that - could be any number of explanations and I'm sure there's been many cases of someone talking aloud whilst cupping their ear LONG before mobile phones were invented anyway....besides - who would they be speaking to? Good fun though!
    Sure! But how did they get the technology to make a hearing aid in 1924... *cue X Files music!*
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Sure! But how did they get the technology to make a hearing aid in 1924... *cue X Files music!*

the first electrically powered hearing aid was patented in 1880. the first body carried hearing aid that we would recognize as such was patented in 1901. it was called the acousticon.

Most resources consider that to be Miller Reese Hutchinson for his invention called the Acousticon. The Acousticon was available beginning in 1901. The Acousticon was the first body worn electric hearing aid, so it was the first hearing aid that resembled modern ones.
    source page:
    http://www.myhearingaids.net/who-inv...e-hearing-aid/

what is depicted in that clip is merely someone using the type of hearing aide that was available at that time. simply that and nothing more.

again, apply the law of parsimony to stuff like this.
    Last edited by Mike70; 30-Oct-2010 at 04:50 PM. Reason: f

United States
    I am in no way supporting the time travel theory. In fact it is most likely a 1924 siemens hearing amplifier. However who is she/he amplifying and responding to?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    You think by the time technology has progressed that far that we can bend time and space mobiles will be that big? or even something we need to hold up to our head?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    the first electrically powered hearing aid was patented in 1880.
    Aha! But how did they get electricity back in 1880? *Cue X Files music (again)*

ps: I'm obviously just joshing about
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Aha! But how did they get electricity back in 1880? *Cue X Files music (again)*

ps: I'm obviously just joshing about
    i think that a crazy dude in a delorean might have had something to do with it.

Twitching

United States
    TBH,
    With the # of Think Tanks and Corporate Labs and Scientific-research-based-Trusts, it's just as likely for a new world-shaking invention to come from the private sector these days as from the government. In times past the government had the big advantage because they had all the manpower to do the legwork of technological development with. Now though, with computer design architecture as advanced as it is, there's no reason to actively disbelieve that a private citizen might develop and construct a prototype of something mind-boggling.

For instance, the military is absolutely convinced that A.I/demi-A.I technology/the pursuit of such is more advanced in the private sector than whatever projects they have cooking. Enough that they've begun trying to develop an encryption method viable against an intelligence capable of tens of thousands of computations a minute. Interesting stuff going on all around us.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post

For instance, the military is absolutely convinced that A.I/demi-A.I technology/the pursuit of such is more advanced in the private sector than whatever projects they have cooking. Enough that they've begun trying to develop an encryption method viable against an intelligence capable of tens of thousands of computations a minute. Interesting stuff going on all around us.

Makes sense really, i imagine big wigs in the military wouldn't be comfortable with none human intelligence behind the military machine for any number of reasons from lack of humanity to simply one day deciding the enemys reason for fighting is more logical than yours and shuts you down or something. Whereas the private sector would use a.i for business and educational work with relatively less worries about the a.i being less like cortana form halo, and more like skynet.

United States
    It's been identified as a German 1920's era hearing aid.
    http://www.i4u.com/41737/charlie-cha...ns-hearing-aid

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse