Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WMDs found in Iraq??? Hundreds of them? 'Bout time!

Dying

Undisclosed

WMDs found in Iraq??? Hundreds of them? 'Bout time!

Undisclosed
    http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/06/22.html#a8810

Santorum showed up to do his thing with Peter Hoekstra on H&C and it took one phone call by Jim Angle of FOX News to debunk Santorum's WMD claims today. That's pretty embarrassing when the Dick Cheney network undermines him. Hannity was all excited and tried to say that WMD's were only "a part of the reason we went Iraq." (See quote.)

If that is the document that's classified, isn't little Ricky breaking about a gazillion different federal laws by exposing them? I've taken the precaution of blackening it a bit. Of course, I'm no attorney.

Santorum: I'll show you the classified documents right here...

Video-WMP Video-QT

Combs: It's Alan Colmes. Senator, the Iraq Survey Group, uhh, let me go to the Duelfer Report-says Iraq did not have the weapons our intelligence believed were there. And Jim Angle who reported this for Fox News-quotes a defense official who says these were pre-1991 weapons that could not have been fired as designed because they already been degraded.

And the official went on to say that they are-these are not the WMD's this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had-and not the WMD's for which this country went to war. So the chest beating that the Republicans are doing tonight thinking this is a justification is not confirmed by the defense department.

Santorum: Well, ahh, I'd like to know who that is. The fact of the matter is I'll wait and see what the actual Defense Department formally says or more importantly what the administration formally says. This report...
    Last edited by Zombie-A-GoGo; 22-Jun-2006 at 02:19 PM.
    http://zombie-a-gogo.blogspot.com/

Zombie-A-GoGo
    News, Reviews, Interviews, and More!

"Please don't beat Teddy."--Teddy, Night of the Seagulls

Canada
    if it fox news it bunk . they really jump the gun most of the time.

Undisclosed
    I particularly like it when they have to go in really quick to clean up O'Reiley's transcript before liberal bloggers get a hold of them--you know, after he says something completely and utterly retarded.

Zombie-A-GoGo

United States
    It's a good thing you all watched Fox last night; now you know the way the left plans to disregard this information.

Since we found 500 sarin and mustard gas shells, will one of you oh-so-smart leftists (actually, I'm thinking about you, Zombie a-go-go) please tell me what the half-life of Sarin gas is? Since these weapons are "degraded" and can't be used, supposedly, why don't you do a search and find out just how long the stuff is deadly for.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie-A-GoGo
    http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/06/22.html#a8810
    If that is the document that's classified, isn't little Ricky breaking about a gazillion different federal laws by exposing them? I've taken the precaution of blackening it a bit. Of course, I'm no attorney.

Santorum: I'll show you the classified documents right here...

Video-WMP Video-QT
    Well hey, I am an attorney, so I'll handle that. Santorum requested that the information be declassified. So the information was originally from a classified report, but the document Santorum showed was not classified. You can see the document at the following link, along with a cover letter from Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte. The last page is what was shown on Fox. Note how it is marked "UNCLASSIFIED" at the top and bottom of the page.

http://www.nationalreview.com/pdf/NEGRPONTELETTER.pdf

Combs: It's Alan Colmes. Senator, the Iraq Survey Group, uhh, let me go to the Duelfer Report-says Iraq did not have the weapons our intelligence believed were there. And Jim Angle who reported this for Fox News-quotes a defense official who says these were pre-1991 weapons that could not have been fired as designed because they already been degraded.

And the official went on to say that they are-these are not the WMD's this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had-and not the WMD's for which this country went to war. So the chest beating that the Republicans are doing tonight thinking this is a justification is not confirmed by the defense department.
    As Santorum said, I'd like to know who the "defense official" is. It could mean nothing more than that they managed to find at least one employee in the DoD who's a Bush-hating liberal. I don't know where he gets off saying they're "not the WMD's for which this country went to war." Hussein said he had no WMDs, so any WMDs he actually had were part of the reason we went to war. Of course we expected to find more, but the whole problem with him refusing to comply with the inspection process is that we couldn't tell exactly what he had.

Frankly, this report doesn't have enough information to assess what it really means. Okay, some or all of the agents were "degraded." But how much? Angles' anonymous defense official says that they "could not have been fired as designed." But when it comes to military weapons there's a big difference between usable "as designed" and usable for terrorist purposes. Which is what we were afraid would happen with Hussein's WMDs. A lot of the stuff that terrorists are killing our soldiers and innocent civilians with are munitions that can no longer be "fired as designed." That's where the I in IED comes from - they improvise. But was any of this stuff still dangerous? How much of it? At this point we just don't know.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Administrator

England
    But we knew they had old chemical stuff hanging around from years ago...

I thought we invaded to secure the world from the the stuff they could unleash on a planatary scale, in a matter of minutes. For example the anti-matter plasma canon some of the intelligence photos showed. OK, so it looked like a transit van, but those experts know what they're talking about! Rumsfeld guaranteed it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Regardless of anything to do about Irag, it is a well known and undisputed fact that the country with the most weapons of mass destruction is in fact the United States.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    More conservative BS...

The republicans have lost most chance for re-election and are now trying to salvage thier political careers in a last ditch effort to be re-elected. I find it quite amusing that suddenly Rick Santorum... the most hated of PA politicans, decided to open his big mouth now. I guess he got a whiff of his poll numbers and realized he like many other republicans will be on the unemployment line come November 2006, and November 2008.

First off... Never trust any information from FOX NEWS, they are too republican controlled and will say or do anything to help the party, including the spread of inaccurate information. We all know this... Electon Nov 2000, and 2004 ring a bell anyone?

The only news source I have come to trust is CNN because they don't seem to favor any side of the political fence. They may have anchors that support one party or another, but they news they do broadcast is pretty unbiased. MSNBC, and FOX are a waste of broadcast air space and cannot be trusted with any information they broadcast.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Sounds a bit like LABOUR over here in the UK, clinging desperately onto public opinion (and they're losing it faaaaaast). Although what we've got here is Blair hoping England win the world cup to distract "the working man" from their constant, criminal cock ups (which still persist unabated). Also, we've got Darth Brown (Chancellor) trying to play the "I watch football, go England, yah!" card to get in with the "common man".

Hopefully the Republicans will be ousted next election and hopefully that theme will come across the pond and similarly oust LABOUR from our Houses of Parliament (which couldn't come soon enough to be honest!).

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius
    That's where the I in IED comes from.
    great points. but that quote was a bit of fried gold.

Undisclosed
    Just for peoples' general inforamtion, the above that I posted was cut and paste from a blog, the one that I linked to--it wasn't me talking.

Santorum is my *choke* senator (I don't know, he might be yours too, and for that, I feel badly for you). I'm used to his bull****, and this is exactly what it is. It's a very sad attempt to boost his numbers here...what is he now? 18 or so points behind Casey? This jerkoff is going down here and he's panicking. If this was in any way useful or important information, it'd have come out quite some time ago. Rick wants us to believe it didn't because the administartion is just too "forward-looking?" Gimme a break. And Rumsfeld! Hahaa...what did he say? "They're weapins of mass destruction...they harm people." Well, no ****. Sticks can harm people, do we call them WMD's. Puh-leeez.

Zombie-A-GoGo

Fiji
    Backing up what Publis said, Sarin does have a bit of a shelf life depending on the conditions of it's storage and how purely it was processed. under ideal conditions of storage large portions of those CD shells could still have an active chemicals agent in them so the discovery isn't without merit.

nor are those shells safe to give to you kids. even dead sarin materials when applied to an explosive device can still act in a greatly reduced capacity on the nervous and respritory systems.

i'm using Wikipedia as a reference on some of the tech info. don't crucify me yet.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarin

United States
    I went looking for the shelf half-life info last night too and came up with conflicting sources. I heard a "pro" on the radio last night saying that it had quite a long shelf half-life, but I couldn't find an exact breakdown, just conflicting statements from "a few hours" to "many years." Damn internet...

But we knew they had old chemical stuff hanging around from years ago...

I thought we invaded to secure the world from the the stuff they could unleash on a planatary scale, in a matter of minutes. For example the anti-matter plasma canon some of the intelligence photos showed. OK, so it looked like a transit van, but those experts know what they're talking about! Rumsfeld guaranteed it!
    The UN was searching for WMDs before we invaded and claimed not to have found any. The word is that our people have been "stumbling" across chemical artillery rounds since they arrived. How could the "jenuses" at the UN have missed them all? Follow the money from Saddam's pockets....

Regardless of anything to do about Irag, it is a well known and undisputed fact that the country with the most weapons of mass destruction is in fact the United States.
    And the last time we used them was when? It's called "deterence." If you have threatened to kill me, I'll get a gun. You then get a better one. I go and buy a tank. You buy a helo. I buy an F-16. You get some Anthrax. I get some Plague... Onward and onward.

And the funny thing is that this wasn't in my paper. Haven't seen an article on this since it was released. You'd think it'd be in the papers, even if it was just to say "look how stupid Santorum is." Must mean there's something there...
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    The only news source I have come to trust is CNN because they don't seem to favor any side of the political fence.

Really? Between CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, CBS, and Fox News, I'd say Fox is the best of all of them. During prime time hours the channel does have a right slant, but almost anything during the daytime has a fair and balanced look at things (meaning people from both sides explain their reasoning). What I've noticed from CNN, CBS, and NBC is that all their stories come back blaming the administration for something that is either a) out of the administration's control b) actually a good thing but make it sound negative c) anything they can blame them for. Plus CNN, NBC, and CBS have stuck their heads so far up the ass of the democratic party they wouldn't know reality if it took the form of Joe Pesci and hit them with a baseball bat. And every time Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Howard Dean, John Kerry, and Ted Kennedy open their mouths, I pray and pray and pray that Republicans hold onto their majorities in Congress in 2006 and the White House in 2008.