Thread: Anyone know Russian?

Undisclosed

Anyone know Russian?

It would be interesting to have an english translation of the radio traffic.

I think that heat generated by decomposition is what is causing the zombies to show up on FLIR.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    that is a clever little vid.

as for body heat in zombies, anyone's guess is as good as another. maybe whatever process reanimates them also generates heat as a by-product. makes sense. zombies can obviously use their muscles, so there has to be some process at work supplying energy to the muscle.

i doubt that a "real" zombie would generate as much of an IR sig as a living animal, be it human or otherwise. 'cause i would think that even if there were some process at work generating heat in the zombie, it wouldn't raise the body temp back up to living normal.

but wait...maybe it is the generation of heat as a by-product that slows the rate of decomposition because it tricks the body into thinking it is still "alive." mmmmm, this requires much consultation with the stars...

oh and a few more opinions...
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

United States
    Wow, that was quite well done. It got fairly grisly at the end, considering you're viewing 'IR' footage.

I've always felt that, at most, a little heat would be visible for a zed, but only slightly above ambient temps generally.

Additionally, and somewhat related, I've always thought GAR-style zombies should freeze to relative immobility somewhere below freezing--not at the freezing mark, but somewhat below that temp.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Additionally, and somewhat related, I've always thought GAR-style zombies should freeze to relative immobility somewhere below freezing--not at the freezing mark, but somewhat below that temp.
    sort of like there's some kind of zombie anti-freeze at work? interesting...that would probably "slow the rate of decomposition" as well.

whatever it is that causes reanimation could have an almost endless number of strange side effects/symptoms.
    Last edited by Mike70; 06-Dec-2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Dying

Undisclosed
    OK, I'm a few decades out of practice, but the gist of the transmissions is that speaker #1 keeps telling 'him' to keep firing, and at one point observes that there is 'one more'. Speaker #2 is calmer and comments that there is (garbled) from the right (presumably another Z). The last part of the transmissions is too garbled and excited for me to get anything from.
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

Undisclosed
    Coolio. So it appears that the pilot is talking to the guy on the ground.