Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars VII (film)

Administrator

England

Star Wars VII (film)

Rumour is the director will be Matthew Vaughn.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59478

I’m hearing that Matthew Vaughn, the director of Kick-Ass, Stardust, Layer Cake, and X-Men: First Class, is in talks with Lucasfilm to helm Star Wars: Episode VII. My sources tell me this is the main reason he dropped out of the X-Men sequel (which Bryan Singer is now directing).
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    eesh. i have no desire to see either another star wars movie or another x-men movie.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3) is officially writing Star Wars: Episode VII

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/sci...isode-vii.html

As pre-production of Star Wars: Episode VII begins, Lucasfilm has confirmed that award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay for the new Star Wars film. As revealed in the ongoing video series posted here on StarWars.com, Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas have begun story conferences with Arndt. Arndt won an Academy Award® for Best Original Screenplay for writing Little Miss Sunshine (2006), and was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay for writing Toy Story 3 (2010).
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Well now I'm excited for this! This excites me!

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    The dude directed Kick Ass and X Men: First Class, two of my favorites. Let him at it. As for the writer, not too sure. To be honest, episode 7 can't get any worse than I, II and III.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looks like the man that revived Star Trek, JJ Abrams, will also revive Star Wars with Episode Seven. Never really expected that....

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jj-a...-looks-like-it

Undisclosed
    Hmmmm. Might work. Though a young upstart would have been more exciting.
    The script will be instrumental in the eventual succes/failure.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Looks like the man that revived Star Trek, JJ Abrams, will also revive Star Wars with Episode Seven. Never really expected that....

Same news here - http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...tar-Wars-Movie
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    It'll be interesting to see fan and casual reaction to this. Both success and familiarity breed contempt, and we've seen both a lot of JJ Abrams and his successes the last few years.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Eh, kind of a 'safe' option in my opinion, would have rather seen del toro or the wachowskis or something myself, but hey, at least its not George lucas.

Undisclosed
    At the end of the day it doesn't really matter who is directing. There are so many dollars at stake, and as a result too many fingers in the pie, that thinking any director will be able to put his or her stamp on it is probably just wishful thinking.
    Last edited by krisvds; 27-Jan-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Eh, kind of a 'safe' option in my opinion, would have rather seen del toro or the wachowskis or something myself, but hey, at least its not George lucas.
    Wachowsky Brothers would have been real interesting.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

I really hated the Star Trek reboot and would very sad to see Star Wars go the same route.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I really hated the Star Trek reboot and would very sad to see Star Wars go the same route.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one. I've no beef w/ Abrhams & have enjoyed other projects of his, but did not like what he did w/ Trek one whit. As for Star Wars? Eh...meh...hurm...could be bad, could be good, who know?

United States
    Wow!! I disagree with Moon AND Trin about something? What is happening?!?!

I actually loved the Trek reboot. I'm a pretty big fan of all of Abrams' movies so far. . .so this is great news to me.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."