Thread: Ten (film) - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Administrator

England

Ten (film) - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Open Road films is planning to release Ten, the new film from director David Ayer starring Schwarzenegger, on January 24, 2014. Written by Skip Woods (X-Men Origins: Wolverine), the movie is a riff on the the well known Ten Little Indians story and follows an elite task force as they rob a drug cartel safe house while pretending to be on a raid. When they group back together after the hit they think that everything is safe and that they have gotten away with the crime, but then they discover that they're being taken down one by one. The rest of the high-powered cast includes Joe Manganiello, Sam Worthington, Harold Perrineau, Terrence Howard, Josh Holloway, Olivia Williams, Max Martini and Mireille Enos.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Some of the cast is very interesting, but it was written by the dude who penned X-Men Origins: Wolverine? I'm a reformed X-nerd (off the sauce for a couple of decades) and I haven't even bothered with that film.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    My brother is a consultant and extra on this flick. He sent me some pics the other day. He gets shot up inside a squad car. Quite bloody and disturbing to see him like that....

Arnold is surprisingly short in real life....

United States
    Interesting premise. Arnold looks surprisingly good letting his age show a little.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Arnold is surprisingly short in real life....
    I had a chance to go to one of the 1st banquets for the Arnold classic back in the 80's. Got a bunch of pic's of Arnie & Maria up close. He walked past me & my Dad on the way out of the room. He was about the same height as my Dad at the time, 6' 1" or so.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 20-Dec-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: all be bok

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

I had a chance to go to one of the 1st banquets for the Arnold classic back in the 80's. Got a bunch of pic's of Arnie & Maria up close. He walked past me & my Dad on the way out of the room. He was about the same height as my Dad at the time, 6' 1" or so.
    I didn't see him in person or anything. I just saw a pic with him next to my brother, who is about 5'6" and he didn't look to be that much taller. I guess I just expected him to be really tall because he had all that muscle mass.

Super Moderator

United States
    To be fair, he's probably shrinking at this age, somewhat at least.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I didn't see him in person or anything. I just saw a pic with him next to my brother, who is about 5'6" and he didn't look to be that much taller. I guess I just expected him to be really tall because he had all that muscle mass.
    Yeah, it's kinda wierd, but it's true what that they say about seeing a celebrity in real life (he was the only one I've ever seen, but still) in that they SEEM smaller in real life. Even though we knew how big he was somehow it didn't seem as gigantic as you'd think he should be. Plus A&8's makes a good point. Dad is a lot small now too w/ age (+ his stroke).

Now Stallone? He's a little fooker. 'Bout 5' 6" IIRC.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Ya i agree he is shrinking at this age and he looks somewhat old in this one...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I've seen another picture from this film with Arnold on it, quite similar to that one posted up top. I love Arnold, but damn I think his age is showing a bit too much. He was and is a great action legend, but it's time to let your age determine what kinda roles you take. Like The Last Stand, that's a good role for him to take. This? Looks... Like my grandpa.