Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need super high quality flyboy in lift (elevator) image

Administrator

England

Exclamation Need super high quality flyboy in lift (elevator) image

Has anyone got a really good quality hires digital image of flyboy in the Penny's lift in Dawn of the Dead?

eg: Better than this?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Anyone?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Not I, said the fly. But that picture would make a pretty sweeet Caption This...

Administrator

England
    Well, my caption would be, "Hey look at an actual piece of the wood cladding from this JC Penny's lift inside this frame with me!"
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I was thinking more: Man, I hate eating my chick out on the rag...
    Disgusting, I know, but he just has that look on his face like, "Ma-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-n, FML."

United States
    I'll admit, I was thrown by the "lift" reference. You mean the elevator!

Took me a minute.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I'll admit, I was thrown by the "lift" reference. You mean the elevator!

Took me a minute.
    Elevator sounds all self-important and technical, like a holdover from a time when slippery travelling salesmen were making a big song-and-dance about selling "Edison's Patented Electrified, Cable-Operated No-Stair Elevator System" or some such nonsense. We don't say automobile when we can say car, we don't say bicycle when we can say bike, we don't say prophylactic sheath when we can say condom. :P

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "Elevator" is more of an American thing, I believe. Most everywhere else they're referred to as "lifts".

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    "Elevator" is more of an American thing, I believe. Most everywhere else they're referred to as "lifts".
    The only places I ever heard an elevator refered to as a lift is when I spent a week in London and on Star Trek (turbo-lifts). Of course, on Star Trek, they use the metric system too. Blah!

Dead

United States
    The only places to get real high resolution images of that are either by a screen-cap of a Blu-Ray or an actual scan of the original film print. A scan of the print will be much higher quality than a Blu-Ray grab. But it's unlikely that there's one floating around out there.
    Where's that image from anyway? Is it an HD screen grab? Or an enlarged standard DVD grab?

I'm not sure what kind of camera they used to film that? If it's 16 or even super16 the resolution will be limited anyway. Further limited by the scanner and scanner operator that scans the print.

The only other suggestion I can offer is that there's a plugin for Photoshop called "Blow-Up", it increases the dimensions of an image using an algorithm that creates very little quality loss. It's made by a company called Alien Skin. I think there's a demo but not sure what its limitations are outside of a time limit.
    I can tell you how to sharpen and make an enlarged image or a limited resolution screen grab look better if you want to try that.

Administrator

England
    So do any of you kind folks have a bluray player on your PC and a good Dawn of the Dead bluray? Able to capture some stills along the lines of the example in the OP?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So do any of you kind folks have a bluray player on your PC and a good Dawn of the Dead bluray? Able to capture some stills along the lines of the example in the OP?
    If I can find a way to transfer my BR copy from player to my PC by way of HDMI, I might be able to get you one. Although I don't know if HDMI's can run both ways like that. Anyone with more experience know?

Administrator

England
    Simply need someone with a bluray player on their PC I believe. From there, I believe screencaps should be easy!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Simply need someone with a bluray player on their PC I believe. From there, I believe screencaps should be easy!
    Neil, Dubious Comforts is the man you need to ask.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    My apologies. Just trying to help after three weeks of no results.