Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition

Undisclosed

Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition

Hey, I was just hoping (and praying) that we would get a region 2 release of this
    fantastic 4 disc set.

Does anyone know if there's a hope in Hell?
    -- -----------------------------------------------------
    I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal.

Undisclosed
    You haven't gotten it yet over there? Wow, that's terrible.

"I'm a repairman in an imperfect world."
    -Kevin McDonald, Kids in the Hall

http://www.myspace.com/lightninglice

ViP

United States
    I'd get a region free, ntsc to pal conversion DVD player A.S.A.P.

Why settle when you don't have to

Undisclosed

Thumbs up

Very very good point.

I have waited and lived with average DVD's for too long! God bless America!
    -- -----------------------------------------------------
    I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal.

Lord Howe Island

Hope--

Hope is the beginning of despair.

I agree, get a region free player and order it from amazon or best buy or something from the States...

it is work the $100 for the player and the addition 40 or so bucks for the disks....

plus, I am not sure-- do you have to pay a VAT from the US, or is that only when we buy from y'all?

My Chelsea kit cost almost $100 to have it made and sent to me here from the Chelsea Megastore....

B.O.C. is my favorite band of all time. Mirrors is my favorite album...Nosferatu,I Love the Night, and In Thee are my favorite songs, and Buck Dharma is the MFN MAN--although he is a little balder and and alittle chubbier now...

aren't we all?
    Last edited by tju1973; 11-Mar-2006 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    See if you can find a "handset hack" for your DVD player online. I found one for my Samsung and promptly converted it to region free. I've got a stack of region one dvds...as per usual, Region Two gets butt-fudged with "vanilla DVD" releases on many films - e.g. Sin City - I waited for the region one monster DVD to come out and got it for Xmas.

I also bought the 2 disc Divimax R1 Day DVD and obviously got the 4 disc Ultimate Dawn R1 DVD as soon as it came out - and it's freakin' awesome. It is indeed the ultimate DVD and it's great to have 3 versions of the film, as well as some cool extras - and you get to see Cereval rocking the devil horns for the camera in the mall - surely that's worth the £20 alone!

United Kingdom
    I have made my DVD player region free and have a quite a few region 1 DVD's. However, I've not yet got The Ultimate Dawn yet because my DVD player is in my room and hooked up to a bog standard bedroom TV and I'd like to watch Dawn on the big ass TV and sound system we have downstairs and that DVD player can't be de-regionised (trust me I've tried).

I think it's really lame that region 2 dvd's are either poorly releases with little or nil extras or take forever to come out, while region 1 DVD's are normally packed with quality extras.

I don't know what the process of changing a DVD's region is but I'm sure if can't be that hard.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbank
    I think it's really lame that region 2 dvd's are either poorly releases with little or nil extras or take forever to come out, while region 1 DVD's are normally packed with quality extras.
    I pretty much agree with you here, but in some cases, Region 2 has the better release (Martin is one that comes to mind). This is why I need a pal to ntsc conversion player. In some cases, there is no region 1 release at all (Dellamorte Dellamore, Battle Royale, Spaced!).

Quote Originally Posted by Burbank
    I don't know what the process of changing a DVD's region is but I'm sure if can't be that hard.
    You can use DVD Decrypter (or just about any other freeware DVD ripping tool) and that will remove the region coding. That is only half the battle though. You need to convert it from NTSC (29.97 frames per second) to PAL (25 frames per second), and that isn't as easy. Basically, any DVD player that can convert NTSC to PAL (or vice versa) will also have a region hack. The reason comapanies do this is so they can make several thousand units of the same machine, and can ship it all over the world. It would be more expensive for the companies to make separate players for R2 PAL and R1 NTSC.

If anyone needs any suggestions on a player, I'd be glad to help.

Before you ask me though, go to www.videohelp.com and look under the tab "DVD Hacks" and search to see if your current player is hackable.

Canada
    Post deleted.
    Last edited by dogma789; 12-Feb-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Deleted post.

Super Moderator

UK
    PAL runs a little quicker than NTSC.

Undisclosed

Dvd Hacks Page...

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php

Give that list a try. If it works, then get yourself a Region 1 version! I found a hack for my DVD player and it worked great.

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

United States
    Has the price gone down at all, or is it still 35 bucks?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter
    Has the price gone down at all, or is it still 35 bucks?
    I just picked up the UE...finally...the other day, and yeah, its still around 35 dollars. I would have passed it up for another time, but everytime before I did that, it wasn't there when I went back. So I figured, what the hell...

United States
    I got lucky and picked it up for 30 at the store i work at but we were trying to sell it for 50! haha, i bought it instead. but the only disc i havnt checked out is the euro version. i just always grab the extended version by default!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dont know if it helps on the topic of regions but ive got 2 recordable dvd players and they play all regions without messing with em, but you can also view picks and ..amazingly they play dvds made by nero! *every forum member gasps*