Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things that will be cool about Diary of the Dead.

Undisclosed

Things that will be cool about Diary of the Dead.

I think that because George is kind of branching off, going back to his roots and the beginning of the plauge, this film will have that crazy "what the hell is going on here" feeling that Night did. I kind of the liked that when everyone was trying to figure out what was going on? Is it a space probe, is a chemical, is it God?

I like the docu-drama style.

Things I don't like: College Kids. I don't know, maybe he'll do it right, and I do have faith in George, but college kids and teenagers is too FRIDAY THE 13TH or FREDDY KRUGER for me.
    "Totally Togepi!"

United States
    I also feel that the docu-drama style will be something different and can be refreshing. Let me add this to your college age cast thinking,

Who else but young filmmakers or people will be filming in the woods? You won't find many middle aged people out in the woods filming for something unless they're in the film or documentary industry. College age casts do seem to be type cast as young, stupid and horny, but I have the utmost faith in George to do this right

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    when has a horror film with college kids ever been good?....really i cant think of anything, ash worked at k mart so even though he was about that age he wasnt the college stereotype, odds are its the typical horny drunken college steroetype which leads to zombie fodder early on for some of them.

............ ....

uttering the immortal words....

"I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    when has a horror film with college kids ever been good?....really i cant think of anything, ash worked at k mart so even though he was about that age he wasnt the college stereotype, odds are its the typical horny drunken college steroetype which leads to zombie fodder early on for some of them.

............ ....

uttering the immortal words....

"I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!"

hey hey hey, noone asked you to burst my Romero bubble, let me live there in peace

I just have faith in George to do this in a way that isn't just stereotypical, but if he does, hopefully they will die gruesome deaths

Undisclosed
    I totally agree with you Monrozombi, I think George knows what the fans want, and he'll deliver it to us correctly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Monrozombi View Post
    hey hey hey, noone asked you to burst my Romero bubble, let me live there in peace

I just have faith in George to do this in a way that isn't just stereotypical, but if he does, hopefully they will die gruesome deaths
    actually i was agreeing with you on the "there usually horny and stupid bit", but unless dj was right and romeros gone senile, then i still have faith

United States
    phew, ok good, glad we're on the same page

Think about this, what is George went senile, don't you think that would be something worse seeing in a zombie flick?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive allready made the joke about country kitchen buffet and matlock so ill just say yes. yes it would

Just been bitten TheWalkingDude's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I think tyhis could be just what the series needs... A Rebirth to catch more fans and also to keep the old fans happy.
    Member of the Pittsburgh Pimp Squad....... Playersssssssss Pimpin Aint Easyyyyyyyy

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkingDude View Post
    I think tyhis could be just what the series needs... A Rebirth to catch more fans and also to keep the old fans happy.
    I agree. A reset could work wonders, and getting happier and happier despite initial skepticism.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Banned User

United States
    This is all new news to me. But i think its great! Go george!

England
    I must admit im pretty excited about this project.

Any GAR zombie movie is a good thing (yes i like Land and still do).
    The fact that Romero is making another one outside the franchise so quickly implies that he wasn't overly happy with Land and still has something to say.
    No major studio involved and its a return to the guerrilla style of movie making that i think everyone agrees brings out the best in a filmaker when he knows that he doesn't have the budget to cover the mistakes etc.
    Its a POV style production which if done well scares the crap out of the audience ie you have to use your imagination.
    I applaud George moving with the times and using modern technology in he's script as, like it or not, thats the way the world is today and communication and transfer of information ,to me, will enhance the sense of a global outbreak.
    I still have a lot of faith in the old dog and remember we had to wait 20 years for the last one.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Pete... Doherty...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Pete... Doherty...
    So, you're saying Pete Doherty's probable involvement is going to be one of the cool things about Diary?

Or just trying to rain negativity on the thread?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Canada
    personaly i cant wait for this movie because any new gar movie is a big deal to me. i just hope it kicks ass.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh