Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free NOTLD dvd in UK tabloid this Saturday

capncnut

Free NOTLD dvd in UK tabloid this Saturday

Top-selling UK newspaper (and general all-round toilet roll), The Sun are giving away a free copy of NOTLD with Saturday's edition (28th Oct). Cut out the token and take it to your nearest Woolworths or Alldays to recieve this cult gem (with new sleeve) for absolutely f**k all!
    Last edited by capncnut; 24-Oct-2006 at 07:20 PM.

England
    They are doing Dawn of the Dead also soon.

EDIT - Dawn of the Dead is being given away with the Sun's sister paper the news of the world the day after (Sunday)
    Last edited by Ryan; 23-Oct-2006 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    hehe, pretty cool.

I got my NOTLD (sadly it had that new, crap music on it though) for £1.50 from Benson's World ... then they turned into utter 'tards and play.com saved me (and sucked up my money ).

Hopefully the version being peddled isn't the new, sh*t cut which has 4 minutes missing from it (like with this year's 2 disc edition in the UK and last year's tin cased edition, which I made the mistake of buying - but was able to return, yay!)

United States
    Wtf Is Up With The Uk And All This Cool Sh!t Lately

United States

That was what I was thinking as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Wtf Is Up With The Uk And All This Cool Sh!t Lately
    It seems every time you turn around, the UK get a bunch of free $hit we don't get over here in the US.

Case in point, some of the UK game mags offer free controllers or even games for f**king subscribing to the mag for a year! WTF?!! Bring that $hit over here already!

Maybe because the US mags are a bunch of cheap @$$holes?

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its cus everything in englands more expensive so whats costly for you aint so much for us so we get it for free sometimes, and since i bought the trilogy of the dead box set im getting this purely for one reason....

I FUNKING HHHHAAAAATTTEEEE THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION!!!!!

capncnut
    Me and you both Hellz. And what's up with that damn priest, what a complete and utter c**t!

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hopefully the version being peddled isn't the new, sh*t cut which has 4 minutes missing from it...
    MZ, I have it on good authority that it is the full 96 minute version!
    Last edited by capncnut; 24-Oct-2006 at 10:18 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    At least that's something!

I thought "wtf" when I watched the cut-up version, I hadn't seen it in some time, but I could have sworn (as was justified) there was a lot more zombies in the movie. Also, when the girl stabs the mother - you get about 3 stabs and no blood on the wall! The uncut has about 16 stabs and blood on the wall.

Why cut a movie that's been allowed uncut in the UK for years and years and years, even decades? It's just weird.

One of these days I must buy the Millennium Edition though, my DVD has the crappy new score on it, which sucks.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Why cut a movie that's been allowed uncut in the UK for years and years and years, even decades? It's just weird.
    I just guessed the 91 minute version was one of the very first edits GAR did or something. After all the sleeve does say 'for the first time ever, own the 'original' NOTLD as GAR originally intended it to be seen'. I may be wrong though.

Administrator

England
    So on Sat - Buy the Sun and get NOLTD? Is this the proper version?
    ...and on Sun - Buy the News of the World and get Dawn? Any idea which version/cut?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    It appears that Night will be the original uncut version. As for the Dawn disc, the theatrical cut is rather inexpensive these days (£5.99 HMV) so I assume that's the one they'll go with. Again, I might be wrong though.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    It appears that Night will be the original uncut version. As for the Dawn disc, the theatrical cut is rather inexpensive these days (£5.99 HMV) so I assume that's the one they'll go with. Again, I might be wrong though.
    Guess it's worth the embarrassment of buying those papers then...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    looks like it's going to be the colourized version. not sure which one and if it is cut though.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...0142_7,00.html

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by jimis View Post
    looks like it's going to be the colourized version. not sure which one and if it is cut though.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...0142_7,00.html
    Excellent, I could do with a copy of that
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Er ... why is it in colour?

*sigh*

Don't tell me they're releasing the colorised version ... oh dear. Prepare to turn the colour on your TVs to "off", ha!