Thread: How I got my Wii

Undisclosed

How I got my Wii

Nintendo RISES again!....

I was inspired to write this because on a lot of other forums people keep asking how to find a Wii... this is how I got mine....

What I did was I broke down and purchased a package deal from EBgames...
    In addition to the Console box that has Wii sports and a Wiimote+ nunchuck you get 6 games a 1 GIG SD card and an Extra Wiimote(not an extra nunchuck )

But they rip you off a bit because they may you pay for some things youd never want/need, a subscription to GameINformer Magizine and an Extended Parts Warrantee...essentially adding like 45 bucks extra onto the package....
    These included items suck...(more below)

What everyone should do if they purchase a Wii or one of these packages is register them through Nintendo...
    You just go to http://www.nintendo.com/ and register for a free account (just like registering for these forums)....
    You register your Wii and any valid games (Zelda being one of them)
    Then you go online with your Nintendo Wii and link your Wii console to your Nintendo account....this makes it so any thing you purchase through your system gets automatically registered with nintendo....
    When you register your Wii you get a 90 day warrantee extension....
    If you register three products with nintendo you get 3 free issues of Nintendo Power....
    (See how I said those extra things were a ripoff in the package deal)....

So with my package deal and registering/linking my products to my account I got the following:
    Nintendo Wii Console
    2 Wiimotes
    1 Nunchuck
    Wii Sports
    Zelda TP
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion
    Monkey Ball
    Madden 2007
    Red Steel
    Marvel Alliance
    1 gig SD memory card (even though so far the in console memory is barely touched on)
    GameStop.com Product Replacement Plan
    90 day warrantee extension
    12 month Subscription to Game Informer
    3 Issues of Nintendo Power

EDIT:Now that I look at it ...it looks like all these package deals are all sold out through christmas now...there used to be some still availible

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

ViP

United States
    How much was the deal?

I am still hoping to get lucky before the holidays.

Undisclosed
    Lol well it wasnt really a "deal" because everything was regular price just added together...

so package cost $760 but thats partially because the tax was $36.22...

The handling fee was $29.48 (damn unusual sized packages)....also subtract the ****ty unneeded items... the Gamestop product replacement plan and the 12 issues of game informer 45$....so essentially I paid 75$ "extra" than if you just went into the store and physically bought all the items ....(I use quotations because your actually getting something extra for the additional money spent...just not something you may want)...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    Even Jim Anchower wants a Wii
    http://www.theonion.com/content/node/56009

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    I pre-ordered mine along with the PS3 a month in advance. No camping or scouting around for me. But I almost missed out on the Nintendo. I got the last pre-order at GameStop. I have been stuck on my 360 and have barely played with the Nintendo, yet alone popped the cherry on the PS3.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Nintendo RISES again!....

I was inspired to write this because on a lot of other forums people keep asking how to find a Wii... this is how I got mine....

What I did was I broke down and purchased a package deal from EBgames...
    In addition to the Console box that has Wii sports and a Wiimote+ nunchuck you get 6 games a 1 GIG SD card and an Extra Wiimote(not an extra nunchuck )

But they rip you off a bit because they may you pay for some things youd never want/need, a subscription to GameINformer Magizine and an Extended Parts Warrantee...essentially adding like 45 bucks extra onto the package....
    These included items suck...(more below)

What everyone should do if they purchase a Wii or one of these packages is register them through Nintendo...
    You just go to http://www.nintendo.com/ and register for a free account (just like registering for these forums)....
    You register your Wii and any valid games (Zelda being one of them)
    Then you go online with your Nintendo Wii and link your Wii console to your Nintendo account....this makes it so any thing you purchase through your system gets automatically registered with nintendo....
    When you register your Wii you get a 90 day warrantee extension....
    If you register three products with nintendo you get 3 free issues of Nintendo Power....
    (See how I said those extra things were a ripoff in the package deal)....

So with my package deal and registering/linking my products to my account I got the following:
    Nintendo Wii Console
    2 Wiimotes
    1 Nunchuck
    Wii Sports
    Zelda TP
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion
    Monkey Ball
    Madden 2007
    Red Steel
    Marvel Alliance
    1 gig SD memory card (even though so far the in console memory is barely touched on)
    GameStop.com Product Replacement Plan
    90 day warrantee extension
    12 month Subscription to Game Informer
    3 Issues of Nintendo Power

EDIT:Now that I look at it ...it looks like all these package deals are all sold out through christmas now...there used to be some still availible
    Too bad all those games suck. Zelda: TP is a glorified Gamecube game. I'm sorely disappointed with my Wii. I wish Nintendo would hurry and release Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Battalion Wars 2, Sonic and the Secret Rings & Resident Evil: Umbrella Cronicles. Those are the only titles that look promising. I liked Excite Truck but it was too short and too easy, and had virtually no multi-player options.

Zelda was overhyped. Trauma Center is just stupid. Monkey Ball and Rayman are for kids. I like the Wii. It's a good system for what it is. A secondary console to go with the 360 or ps3, but don't expect anything groundbreaking with the graphics and expect to get burnt out on the gimmicky wii remote after a while.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I'm sorely disappointed with my Wii.

You are the only person I have ever encountered that has said this. Everybody else I have talked to absolutely loves the Wii.

As for the games sucking, I disagree completely. Sure if your going for pretty graphics and no gameplay the Wii is not for you. I prefer games that are fun to play over graphics. The Wii has decent graphics and so far I have yet to encounter a game that I have not liked. It took a little while to get used to the controls on Red Steel, but 20 minutes into it when I mastered them it was fun as hell.

Zelda is still fun hours into it and is was not overhyped, it is a great game and is one of the best in the series since A Link to the Past. Trauma Center... it is a different type of game, but none-the-less very fun, but I can understand that it's not for everybody, neither was the first one on the DS. Super Monkey Ball is a lot of fun although it is a kiddy game, I haven't played Rayman yet. As for the Wii being a secondary system to a PS3, I really see it being the opposite since Sony can't even keep up production of the PS3 and after Christmas the deman is going to drop quite a bit. I am willing to bet they don't even sell 1 million PS3s by the end of the year since Monday will be the 1 month mark and they have yet to sell 500,000 units. Combine that with their extremely high failure rate (Sony has at least 3-5 customer service lines if not more dedicated to the PS3 depending on when you call) and high price, I don't see the PS3 as selling like Sony predicts it will. Hell, working in a game store I have people saying they just wanted to sell a PS3 on Ebay and get a Wii to play more and more everyday.

But hey, your entitled to your opinion. Hopefully you will enjoy the Wii more when they release more games to your tastes. As for now, are you online with it and if so whats your friend code? Mine is in my sig if you want to swap.
    Last edited by DeadJonas190; 12-Dec-2006 at 07:36 AM.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Too bad all those games suck. Zelda: TP is a glorified Gamecube game. I'm sorely disappointed with my Wii. I wish Nintendo would hurry and release Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Battalion Wars 2, Sonic and the Secret Rings & Resident Evil: Umbrella Cronicles. Those are the only titles that look promising. I liked Excite Truck but it was too short and too easy, and had virtually no multi-player options.

Zelda was overhyped. Trauma Center is just stupid. Monkey Ball and Rayman are for kids. I like the Wii. It's a good system for what it is. A secondary console to go with the 360 or ps3, but don't expect anything groundbreaking with the graphics and expect to get burnt out on the gimmicky wii remote after a while.

Zelda TP isnt a glorified Gamecube it is a Gamecube game....so being what it is I still think its a ton of fun.....(Im about to start the Third Temple game is starting to pick up story intensity)
    Madden 07 for the Wii was rated higher than both the PS3 and Xbox 360 Versions....
    Trauma Center is just for certain types of people...if anything it really works on your hand Wiimote cordination...
    Monkey Ball is cutesy but the gameplay can be very challenging and rewarding...
    Red Steel has its probelms but once you get the hang of it the shooting aspect of the game becomes a good deal of fun...(though the sword fighting is annoying as the game progresses)...Red Steel 2(in progress since the Red Steel Sales were High) should be much better since this game was clearly rushed....
    And Marvel Alliance ....its Marvel Alliance....

But like you I to can hardly contain myself for Battalion Wars 2....I think it looks sooooo Sweet...same with Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption....since not much has been shown about the resident evil title Ill hold my breath....

Zelda TP essentially allowed Nintendo to delay Super Mario Galaxy for launch ....hopefully that really allows it to get polished up nicely...

I dunno a lot of it seems to be personal opinion because I was stoked about the package deal because I thought that all the games included in it were a lot of fun to play....It wouldve been worse if it had included games I wasnt interested in....

Soooo Excite truck is fun....? it seems like it really wouldve been helped out with more Multiplayer...maybe an excite truck 2 will help us out with that...