Thread: Final Fantasy XII

United States

Final Fantasy XII

I saw it at EB yesterday and I was wondering if it was worth picking up

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nah, im a long time fan of the series but this is easily the worst, even crystal chronicles and tactis had a better story its pretty much more of the same but it plays like a run of the mill mmorpg.
    not there best effort to say the least.

Undisclosed
    Try renting it first. I can't wait to play FF 13 after watching its preview.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah that one looks good, kinda reminds me of the style of final fantasy 8.

United States
    Everything I've heard about the game has been positive, with some saying its the best since III. I haven't played it, seeing as my PS2 broke long ago. Here is a nice in-depth review, if you care to read it:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/741/741991p1.html

Synopsis:

10 Presentation
    Lightning quick load times, one of the best storylines for any genre on any system for the entire year, and a gigantic fully-realized world is yours right out of the box.

10 Graphics
    A PS2 technical accomplishment in every sense. Slowdown is a non-factor, model detail is incredible, facial and skeletal animation is stellar, and the artistic design kicks ass.

9.0 Sound
    English and Scottish voice actors play out the storyline perfectly and the sound effects are varied and first-rate. Musically, FF12 isn't the best in the series, but is still extremely strong.

9.0 Gameplay
    The new gambit system, full-camera control, license board upgrades, and enemy AI make for a Final Fantasy like no other. Best of all, it's fun AND challenging.

9.0 Lasting Appeal
    Expect 40-100 hours of gameplay depending on your grinding preferences. Luckily, there are plenty of mini-games and hidden goodies to uncover along
    the way.
    -- ------
    OVERALL
    9.5 - Incredible

capncnut
    I know peeps who hold a torch for this game but then again I know peeps that hold a crucifix to it. The graphics are PS2 at best and it takes a VERY long time to get into but apparently it's extremely rewarding once you got yourself past the 100 hour mark. Not my cup of tea personally, VIII was my fave.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    same here man, it wasnt as long as 7 but 8 just looked cool and it had the catchyiest musci that side of "one winged angel", plus the card game was fun.
    but the best lvl system has to be the sphere grid or the job crystals from 5.

capncnut
    The academy exams were a nightmare...

...so I bought a book and started it from fresh. Only got as far as the end of the 3rd disc with over 150 hours clocked...

...with a BOOK!!!

...seriously though, FF8 was one of the most epic games I have ever played even though I never finished it. Pretty damn emotional too. I remember raving to my buddies about the nursery scene for months. I don't wanna sound like a MCR fan but WHERE'S THE EMOTION IN VIDEOGAMES NOWDAYS?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    man next your gonna get people teary eyed about aeris dying in 7.

....*sniff*....