Thread: Forest Gump II anyone?

Administrator

England

Forest Gump II anyone?

http://cinemablend.com/new/Forrest-G...quel-4626.html

If it's half as good as the first it'll be worth making!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i agree the first ones a really underated great movie, but if hanks aint playing gump i dont think id see it, cus i doubt anyone could do gump the same way.

Super Moderator

UK
    If Hanks ain't in it, they should shoot it dead and be done with it.

I'm not sure about FG2 though, the first one was special and was a big deal back in '94 or whenever it was that it came out, sometimes I think some films are just best left as a single piece of historical filmmaking.

Like, can you imagine Shawshank Redemption 2? ... exactly.

ViP

United States
    Still waiting on Madhouse 2 with John Larroquette and Kirstey Alley reprising their roles. If you can't get John and Kirstey, then it wouldn't be worth making

capncnut
    I must be the only person on the planet who thought Forrest gump was over sentimental and boring.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I must be the only person on the planet who thought Forrest gump was over sentimental and boring.
    No, you are not
    It also had a lot of convenient situations like the history/Cliche lesson as character that was the lead female.
    It was just OK to me. I thought Zelig was a sililar and much cooler movie.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    I agree, but it's been so long since I've seen that film. Definitely one of Woody's best.

United States

No!

NO FORREST GUMP 2 ... please leave it alone . GOD -D ANGIT !
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    Surprised this project is back on track. Recall the original author of the book 'Forest Gump' was royally screwed by the movie studio on the first film. Apparently the contract gave Winston Groom back end points, and then Hollywood accountants from Paramount said the movie never made a profit.

Needless to say having been screwed out a few million dollars in royalties from 'Forest Gump' for years he refused to sell the rights to the sequel.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    What's next? Gone With The Wind 2 or Titanic 2? A sequel to Forrest Gump makes no sense what-so-ever.

Undisclosed
    money and not a good story drives 99% of this crap,drives me crazy

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As a major fan of Forrest Gump 1, and hearing about some of the excerpts from the book FG2, I would have to say I am 100% against a sequel, even if Hanks played Gump. It has been 13 years, leave it alone.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*