Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uwe Boll's 'Postal' is good!?

Administrator

England

Uwe Boll's 'Postal' is good!?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    This sounds like a movie for me.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "Uwe Boll" and "good" are words that just don't go together....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    "Uwe Boll" and "good" are words that just don't go together....
    I was just getting ready to post the exact same thing. Great minds, bassman, great minds...

Does this bozo have the ability to make a movie - ANY movie - other than a video-game-to-movie adaptation anymore?

This isn't one I wouldn't even put on my "never watch" list.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Oh come on. A Uwe Boll film that gets a good review has got to be enough to peak anyone's interest. At least mine!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I was just getting ready to post the exact same thing. Great minds, bassman, great minds...

Does this bozo have the ability to make a movie - ANY movie - other than a video-game-to-movie adaptation anymore?

This isn't one I wouldn't even put on my "never watch" list.

i think i read its some kind of cluase in uerope about making a flop and actualy getting more money than if it was a hit, guess he saw the producers and said "im avin' some of zat!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    He is using the german tax system to fund these films somehow, but I'm no economic whiz so I forgot how. I may be way out of line, tho, but I know at least two of his films have been funded that way. I don't think this one or "In the Name of the King" was, tho. And that film looks kinda interesting, if I do say so myself. Burt Reynolds and Ray Liotta in a fantasy epic? Hey... I'm sold.

United States
    I think you're right, EN - I remember reading about that somewhere, I just don't remember where or how it worked.

Damn, he may make sucky films, but he knows how to shuffle the numbers to work to his advantage.

Bastard.

Super Moderator

UK
    Being a fan of the Postal films, I do actually wanna check it out sometime, and also for the curiosity factor - "how bad will it be? how offensive will it be?" ... I'm just too curious to leave the Postal movie be...I recently saw a couple of trailers for it on YouTube...anyone know when it's out? Theatres? Straight to DVD?

capncnut
    I have to admit I find myself drawn to Postal because of the controversy, even though I completely disagree with some of the themes. Now that folks are claiming Uwe Boll has made a good movie, it only makes me want to see it more.

I bet it's still s**t though.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah it's likely to still be sh*t, but I too wanna see it just to see this damn thing (as well as being a big Postal game fan - can't wait to see Postal 3 - on the f*cking SOURCE engine for cripes sake!!! )

There's nothing like a slice of OTT political incorrectness spliced with sadistic and bloody violence dashed with a splash of piss.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Here's three screens from Postal 3.

http://www.xboxygen.com/index.php?fi...e&news_id=4147

Super Moderator

UK
    Woah, are those really real? They look great...

*fingers crossed for full on havoc style physics and vehicles*

capncnut
    Damn, Ned. Thems looks nice mon.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah mate, I can't wait to play Postal 3, see what depraved deeds you can get up to...

I remember the hilarity of severing heads with a shovel and then kicking them around with your foot in Postal 2, that was great.