Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who believes in UFOs... any experiences to share?

United States

Who believes in UFOs... any experiences to share?

When I was a kid and we'd go up to our summer cabin at West Hawk there was lots of storms and eventually the power would go out and our main means of entertainment then became Monopoly and scary stories. My mom would always tell us about how often she was UFOs throughout her life in Manitoba and I remember thinking my mom was slightly touched.

What was so crazy was I remember the Trans Canada from Winnipeg to West Hawk and Falcon was dotted with white UFO shaped trash cans and put two and two together. It wasn't until like 2001 or 2002 and the citizens of Manitoba wanted to change their provincal flag because its currently boring. In the Winnipeg Free Press people submitted drawings for the new flag and voted on the most popular that best represented the province. They suggested something including a mosquito, deer, and UFO and it was then that I thought my mums story had a twinge of truth.

Well eventually on several seperate occasions I felt I saw some UFO action. All were in different parts of Whiteshell but they were relatively similar. A round disc like object that darted through the sky and dissappeared leaving a wake of blue. Another exactly the same incident and I think the wake was red. And then I saw a bright ball of light that kept swirling and circling and darting all over the place.

Once I felt like I wouldn't become the town laughingstock I started talking to my neighbors who all had stories to tell and they took me to places where they described their encounters. One such encounter happened in the middle of the old Trans Canada where the man said his wife and he were driving along and one landed right in front of them. Perhaps theirs were just stories but truth or fiction entertaining....

care to share?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The truth is out there...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive believe theres life in the universe, purely becuase its too damn big to be empty bar one little blue planet but with the power it would take to get a craft here the civilisation of aliens would have to be pretty advanced so why would they just hover then piss off?, my opinion is planes and swamp gas.
    i saw a show the other day were it was disproved completely that the whole cattle mutliation thing was not aliens but flies that laid eggs and over a very shrot period in hot weather will eat out the cows eyes, tongue udder and arse just to get any juices, gross i know but they proved that it was simply cows keeling over in the hot sun, and the radiation thats allways detected is purely background radiation in everyday life it settles in the colon, on of the areas eaten by the maggots so farmers think its ufo's, but even though it was totally busted wide open the famrer was sure it was aliens, even though he had seen no 'ufo' or anything.

United States

Elvis sitings, UFO at Burger King...

I am very hesitant to share what happened to me when I was 16 or so...
    Lets just say, I am missing 9 hours of my life...
    BTW, they are grey! GREY!
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    but even though it was totally busted wide open the famrer was sure it was aliens, even though he had seen no 'ufo' or anything.

Just goes to show you how fanatical people can get on certain subjects. They won't change their minds no matter how much corroborative evidence there is to the contrary. And it's not like he has any evidence to back his belief up. He just believes it and that's that. It's almost religious in nature.

England
    Usually im pretty cynical about such things,but a few summers ago i was out hunting rabbits down my dads fields late one night with a friend,it was just getting to dusk,the sky was clear & blue,no clouds,but it was just creeping in dark & we were sat down having a smoke,when we both saw something quite big hovering up in the sky a couple of miles away,then there was a bright flash & it was gone!it definately wasnt the usual military aircraft or helicopters you see over here,and if it was military then its nothing ive seen before,i cant explain what it was really!i wont go as far as saying aliens,but it was either a weird trick of the light or some secret military plane

United States
    I believe in life somewhere in the uniniverse.

United States
    Im pretty sure i dated something from another world
    but thats a whole other topic

how much of the ufo lore to believe
    is very difficult
    there is truth mixed with misinformation
    and this is not been done by accident

and the fact that these "visitors" are no longer
    called ETs but NHEs is definitely more telling than
    it seems

i have talked with some people who are not crazy
    but the stories they tell are not easy to believe
    but you cant disprove them either

thats what is scary

Undisclosed
    Their not Aliens its humans from the future!.....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States

" Then what are flying saucers? "

" Uh huh, you guessed it, Time Machines!"- Repo man
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Undisclosed

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The Phoenix Lights report on FOX news.

United States

Humans from the future... i'll remember that

that was so funny I think i'm going to cry oh my gosh...

DVW dont be afraid to tell us your story especially when you start off with that grey comment

I forgot to mention the alien like drawings in Egyptian heiroglyphs is always quite intriguing to me and I'm thinking possibly why the stargate movie was inspired (since it didnt seem to follow the stargate thing they talked about on "Unsolved Mysteries")

I dont really buy crop circles though after watching nearly 6 hours of shows on crop circles (not by choice of course) it just seems rediculous to believe that aliens are doing that.

For people who believe no evidence is necessary and for those who dont no proof is enough.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    A few questions about Aliens:

Why are they always either green or grey and with long wierd heads? Why are they even BIPEDS?! Isn't that a HUGE ****ing coincidence?

"Hey, we evolved on a completley different planets from yours and our bodies have adapted to different atmospheres... But we look practically identical, except our head is slightly bigger."

Also, why are UFOs always seen during the night when all we can see are a few lights? If Aliens are here to observe us, they probably travelled from far away. Couldn't they have developed technology that allowed them to shut off the headlights?

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I don't really believe in aliens, but I swear to god, one time when I was driving home; I saw something floating seamlessly across the sky. Too big to be a airplane, but its light patterns looked a bit in the shape of a top. It was flying what seemed like over the tree line, but couldn't have been because it made no noise at all. It was freaked out.

As far as I know though it could have been anything, maybe even some super crazy air balloon or a zeppelin, because we have a pretty decent sized private airfield for private aircraft in my town.