Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, this is unreal

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Ok, this is unreal

I don't know what to even make of this. It's unbelievable. I don't know if this is a hoax or what, but don't you think that if there were really hogs this big that they would command Atleast Bigfoot or Yeti status? It seems like it would be pretty big news. I'm also skeptical that an 11 year old can acurately fire a 50. caliber magnum, and kill a thing that size, under stress at that. If things like this are really out there, then the apocalypse is upon us my friends. That thing is as gig as an Amtrack car for pete's sake!! Gotta go. I suddenly have the urge for some pork chops.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052600461.html

Super Moderator

United States
    Wait, is this a new hogzilla hoax? There was one a few years ago iirc...

I may even read the article, but I'm eating right now and don't want to delve too deaply till I'm done, but that pic looks similar to the pictures of the original hogzilla.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 30-May-2007 at 12:55 AM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hoax.

heres why:

1:the kids meant to appear to be leaning on the pig, obviously to give it a sense of size but hes either at least a meter away or photoshopped in.
    2:the tree just doesnt look right, theres the reamins of a cut down tree around it, in comparison to the surrounding trees its far to big and has a slightly more pixelated look than the surrounding area.
    3:i cant even see any teeth in that animals mouth, and for something that big in a country like the us to actually live long enough to grow to that size must have some way to defend itself against the natural predators like wolves and bears, if it doesnt have anything like that i dont see it feasible that something could grow that big without being the top of the food chain or able to beat down any other predators.
    4:the pig is lit by a light source coming form about 2 o clock.
    5: the kid si lit by another light source coming from 11 o clock
    2 again: the tree in fact is lit even better than the kid even though it is supposedly closer to the tree cover and the kid in front, further away form the trees is in more shadow.

add this in with the fact the press hasnt even seen the pig adn youve got a hoax my freinds.

United States
    FOX was asking questions about it too. The thing is off getting its head mounted so I guess we'll see then. They also plan on a few hundered pounds of sausage. DO people actually hunt wild boar to eat? One thing that bothers me is that they were qick to put up a webste, i think its monsterpig.com

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,276216,00.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    hoax.

heres why:

1:the kids meant to appear to be leaning on the pig, obviously to give it a sense of size but hes either at least a meter away or photoshopped in.
    2:the tree just doesnt look right, theres the reamins of a cut down tree around it, in comparison to the surrounding trees its far to big and has a slightly more pixelated look than the surrounding area.
    3:i cant even see any teeth in that animals mouth, and for something that big in a country like the us to actually live long enough to grow to that size must have some way to defend itself against the natural predators like wolves and bears, if it doesnt have anything like that i dont see it feasible that something could grow that big without being the top of the food chain or able to beat down any other predators.
    4:the pig is lit by a light source coming form about 2 o clock.
    5: the kid si lit by another light source coming from 11 o clock
    2 again: the tree in fact is lit even better than the kid even though it is supposedly closer to the tree cover and the kid in front, further away form the trees is in more shadow.

add this in with the fact the press hasnt even seen the pig adn youve got a hoax my freinds.

Damn Hells !! You're really on top of this one , huh? The hoax debunker strikes again. Good work.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im one of those guys who is so jaded i nee dreal proof to believe in anything ,so it busts my nuts when hoaxers pop up pretending to be real, and if its heads being mounted then we'll see, most liekly outcome is theyve gone down to uncle jerthos farm, killed the pig with the biggest head, maybe stretched it out a little with wood on the inside then mounte dit.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What's more impressive is that you have the cognizance to do stuff like this at 3 something in the morning. That's dedication people!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    not really, i got up at 4 in the afternoon

what?, its half term.

United States

soooooo are we roasting the remains or what?

It looks pretty real but either way how funny would it be to be out camping and suddenly this huge hog comes charging at your campfire s'mores? I wouldn't even know how to react i'd be half scared and half laughing like crazy.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Question

Is that like spring break for you guys? I just got through with finals myself and I'm one week into a 3 month summer vacation.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nah my exams are like on the 5th, then one every other monday or tuesday till the end of june, this is a week off before that, to refresh you minds or somethign like it, i was never to hot at revising info im better at concentrating on the exam itself, yknow "dont panic and avoid generalisation, plan your answer and the evidence before writing it down" type stuff yknow?, thatll get me through the exams much better than revising constant facts, dont knwo about you btu doing that just means the last thign i revised will eb the only thign i remember.
    then summer vacation, after i aint sure, either uni, a third year of college or *grimaces* work.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Don't be in a hurry to get out in the real world and work dude. Hang on to those school days for all your worth. This is the best time in your life. Even if you might see it as total suckage right now. And for pete's sake DON"T HAVE KIDS !!!!!!

United States

are you kidding

high school is the best time of your life its before you actually ever have to pay for anything!
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not if you know how to work the system. Haven't you ever sen van wilder?

United States

as if it isn't obvious

THAT ISNT MY KIND OF MOVIE lol...

but still nothing beats high school ...first time for many things like... that was my first time being shoved out a second floor window to TP someones house ...and of course my friends in HS ruled