Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airport security... is it effective or annoying?

United States

Airport security... is it effective or annoying?

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00010000000001

The above article is about one womans journey through an airport with her childs sippy cup which she had to empty and allegedly nearly got arrested at the airport. Its a great story though... does the government really think she and her kid are a security risk? And further... if the government is afraid of liquid explosives wtf how are liquids okay if they're in that ziploc bag?

I think airport security locally at Charlestons Intl Airport is obscene. I was on a flight to DFW at 5am and every single person in front of me didn't get their bags checked... we're talking nearly 20 people and all of a sudden the guy goes through my luggage with a fine tooth comb and it took him so long because when he was done searching he felt it necessary to fold everything up neatly. I was like wtf just slam it in there I'd like my luggage to make it to Dallas with me and he insisted on folding grrr...

I just dont think the security meaures we go through does a lot to help anyone. I mean what if the airport i'm going to doesn't have a Panera inside and I want some food for the flight am I really gonna stash a bomb in that sandwich? wtf...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00010000000001

The above article is about one womans journey through an airport with her childs sippy cup which she had to empty and allegedly nearly got arrested at the airport. Its a great story though... does the government really think she and her kid are a security risk? And further... if the government is afraid of liquid explosives wtf how are liquids okay if they're in that ziploc bag?

I think airport security locally at Charlestons Intl Airport is obscene. I was on a flight to DFW at 5am and every single person in front of me didn't get their bags checked... we're talking nearly 20 people and all of a sudden the guy goes through my luggage with a fine tooth comb and it took him so long because when he was done searching he felt it necessary to fold everything up neatly. I was like wtf just slam it in there I'd like my luggage to make it to Dallas with me and he insisted on folding grrr...

I just dont think the security meaures we go through does a lot to help anyone. I mean what if the airport i'm going to doesn't have a Panera inside and I want some food for the flight am I really gonna stash a bomb in that sandwich? wtf...
    wat about the poor guy with a metal plate in his head?!
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Airport security is only effective in that it gives the "apearance" of security. People want to feel safe and in order to do so they will give up many things.

Christmas Island
    I'm still trying to figure out why TSA (Totally Stupid Assholes) would make a mother drink three bottles of her breast milk as they did a few years ago. Guess it was for entertainment.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's the best acronym i've heard in a good while.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Airport security is only effective in that it gives the "apearance" of security. People want to feel safe and in order to do so they will give up many things.
    Thats so genious darth....

They also made a boyscout drink unpurified water he collected on a trip which of course made him mighty sick on the plane.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thnx mj. Not bad for a man, huh? You say some pretty on point things yourself.

Okay, explain something to me. Why make people drink all this wierd sh it? It's not like the taste tester for the king hundreds of years ago or anything.

United States
    Hers's some things I think the government thinks of us...

We've never seen Con Air... remember the scene where the dude pulls the stuff up through his throat? That was sweet...

We care about a cause so much we're willing to die for it... face it, not enough Americans want to die or our armed forces wouldn't be starving for people to enlist... and until we know if Paris gets out of jail alive who wants to die? And even still I think the people most willing to die for a cause are the ELF members who I notice dont ever blow themselves up with that evil animal testing facility...

We're stupid... we're going to walk right into that airport with a bottle we're gonna make molotov? Please... Maybe we'll sneak in some vodka in that Aquafina bottle because we dont want to pay 6 dollars IN EXACT CHANGE to the rude flight attendant who's obviously got serious control issues...

We're patient... sure i'll wait in line for 2 hours to take my trip to Timbuck2... WRONG IM GONNA START A REVOLT YOU JUST GIVE ME TIME heh

Personally I think they want people to take off their shoes to embarass them... y'know how some people have hair on their toes? And the no outside goods thing like the movie theaters have is just the same scam trying to force us into paying obscene prices for the airports bottled goods! $5 for a bottle of fake apple juice? Give me a break! And the luggage searches? How d'ya think they know whose bags to steal from when they're 'loading luggage' heh...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We care about a cause so much we're willing to die for it... face it, not enough Americans want to die or our armed forces wouldn't be starving for people to enlist... and until we know if Paris gets out of jail alive who wants to die? And even still I think the people most willing to die for a cause are the ELF members who I notice dont ever blow themselves up with that evil animal testing facility...

Unfortunately that's the truth. We've become too complacent in this country, we have it too good. To put it in perspective, if you make $20,000 you are in the top 11% of the wealthiest people in the world. We're not hungry for anything anymore. Conversely, people in other countries mostly, have it so bad or feel that such grave injustices have been done to them that death is a viable alternative to this crappy existence.

United States
    way to rain on my laugh parade...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm not trying to kill the party, but there are some things that must be discussed. As americans we spend enough time with our heads in the clouds. If you ask the average american they really don't know and couldn't care less about what's going on in the rest of the world. Most people couldn't even tell you the leaders of 5 foriegn countries, which is sad. Perhaps that's part of the reason why we're in knee deep today.
    Last edited by darth los; 17-Jun-2007 at 11:44 PM.

United States
    You know what this is the country we've made for ourselves. By laughing at the stupid we're saying its okay to be that dumb instead of shunning them and disposing of them in their sleep. Maybe its a republican conspiracy to make us stupid so they can steal all the natural resources from the country and sell it off to the aliens once its a 'dead' continent. I say we pull a france on Marie Antoinette and storm the white house take all the nations leaders lob off their heads and set them on spikes and tell all the idiots of the country that this will become you if you dont smarten up... LITERALLY

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You know what this is the country we've made for ourselves. By laughing at the stupid we're saying its okay to be that dumb instead of shunning them and disposing of them in their sleep. Maybe its a republican conspiracy to make us stupid so they can steal all the natural resources from the country and sell it off to the aliens once its a 'dead' continent. I say we pull a france on Marie Antoinette and storm the white house take all the nations leaders lob off their heads and set them on spikes and tell all the idiots of the country that this will become you if you dont smarten up... LITERALLY
    You still have time to delete this you know. Yeah this country is definitely dumbed down. The gov'ts worst case scenario is a well informed public. They want to keep us pacified with our i-pods and my space pages.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    The "taking off your shoes" thing is just so rediculous. They should just make the metal detector you walk through capable of checking your shoes. If that cant detect the knife/bomb/whatever you have hidden in your shoes, all you would have to do is tape the knife/bomb/whatever to your ankle and it would still make it though. It is was too expensive to make new dectectors, just put a little ramp there that elevates your shoes to a level that it would detect them. If you were too tall, just duck. Or make you lift both feet when you enter.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think the liquids ban a couple of months ago was equally rediculous. However, it seems that people are willing to wait in the name of security.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"