Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roman orgies...

Administrator

England

Roman orgies...

...when ever you see a Roman orgy kicking off in a film or TV program, none of the women involved seem the slightest bit concerned with pregrancy...

With such sexual activity, how on earth did Roman women prevent it?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    i believe they used like the 'shell' of a lemon or orange as a diaphragm
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Christmas Island

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post

Amazing! How on earth did these folk work out this stuff?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Amazing! How on earth did these folk work out this stuff?
    I've always wondered about that. I think these things were discovered by accident, the herbs taken for one purpose, only to find out through experience what the side effects are, in this case contraception.

Administrator

England
    I've always wondered about that. I think these things were discovered by accident, the herbs taken for one purpose, only to find out through experience what the side effects are, in this case contraception.
    Suppose the greatest example of this is the eating of the puffer fish

That bit killed uncle Jim, let's give this bit to uncle Bob and see how he gets on...
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's almost certainly the case. The same way people discovered what different herbs and plants can do as well, There was probably a little trial and error involved as well. It doesn't suprise me though. Thoughout history people have had the same needs and dilemas that we do today. With the obvious lack of technology they had to find other ways to get things done.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United Kingdom
    I think Liam told me that ancient Egyptian women used to have stones inserted into their wombs to prevent pregnancy, kind of like a primitive coil.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Kazakhstan
    yeah, nothing will gestate in the womb if an object infringes on the minimum amount of space a zygote needs
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ...when ever you see a Roman orgy kicking off in a film or TV program, none of the women involved seem the slightest bit concerned with pregrancy...

With such sexual activity, how on earth did Roman women prevent it?
    Well, I have never been personally involved in an orgy, but if I was, I would think the last thing on my mind at that particular moment would be thoughts of contraception......

United States
    great thread.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Well, I have never been personally involved in an orgy, but if I was, I would think the last thing on my mind at that particular moment would be thoughts of contraception......
    Ew, it would be the first thing on my mind I'd assume that most people there had been in oher orgies etc, who knows what they'd be carrying
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Back then there were no STD's.... right?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Back then there were no STD's.... right?
    Gonorrhea is one of the oldest known sexually transmitted diseases...
    and Syphilis has been around for like....forever

And we did not have cures for these two back then...

Those are the ones I know off the top of my head that have been around (known of) for long periods of time....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    i'm going to have to say people into orgies and swinging deffinately have some serious precautionary measures to avoid disease and kids... but its prolly the last thing on a mans mind and the first thing on a womans mind
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html