Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 4th of July my fellow Americans...

United States

Happy 4th of July my fellow Americans...

This is one of my favorite holidays but an article to stress the importance of safety first...

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/firewor...00010000000001

My boyfriend in his infinite stupidity set off a ton of fireworks while trying to do something totally assnine and wound up burning his arms and breaking an ear drum... serves him right and he surely is going to enjoy the plane flight after that.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    This is one of my favorite holidays but an article to stress the importance of safety first...

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/firewor...00010000000001

My boyfriend in his infinite stupidity set off a ton of fireworks while trying to do something totally assnine and wound up burning his arms and breaking an ear drum... serves him right and he surely is going to enjoy the plane flight after that.
    Fireworks are underground items for a reason. They are dangerous and should be handled by people who know what they're doing. Many times safety protocalls are not followed and result in injury. Think about it, some fireworks carry up to a quarter stick of dynomite. People get drunk, are laughing with their friends and treat lighting them way more casually than they should. I have a frien whole blew off 4 of his fingers with an m-80. It blew up almost instantly after he lit it. These things are not government regulated in most cases and there's no gurantee that they'll work they way they're supposed to.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    on a lighter note happy 4th of july to all you yanks out there from all us english zombie-nuts...

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Fireworks are underground items for a reason. They are dangerous and should be handled by people who know what they're doing. Many times safety protocalls are not followed and result in injury. Think about it, some fireworks carry up to a quarter stick of dynomite. People get drunk, are laughing with their friends and treat lighting them way more casually than they should. I have a frien whole blew off 4 of his fingers with an m-80. It blew up almost instantly after he lit it. These things are not government regulated in most cases and there's no gurantee that they'll work they way they're supposed to.
    Or we could just use personal responsibility and not treat everyone like kids who need things denied to them. I buy illegal fireworks every year, have been for 10 years and I never had an accident yet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Or we could just use personal responsibility and not treat everyone like kids who need things denied to them. I buy illegal fireworks every year, have been for 10 years and I never had an accident yet.
    Alot of people have. However those are the same people who are most likely to look for someone to sue after they blow their hands off. I applaud your sense of personal responsibility but the fact is that we live in a litigatous society. Everyone is always looking for someone else to blame. I agree with your libertarian viewpoint on this topic though. The gov't is too big and regulates way to many aspects of our everyday lives. They should pave the roads, defend the boarders and get the hell out of the way. Also, most people are sheep and need someone to follow and to tell them what to do so they give up their personal liberty and thus personal responsibility to the gov't.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Alot of people have. However those are the same people who are most likely to look for someone to sue after they blow their hands off. I applaud your sense of personal responsibility but the fact is that we live in a litigatous society. Everyone is always looking for someone else to blame. I agree with your libertarian viewpoint on this topic though. The gov't is too big and regulates way to many aspects of our everyday lives. They should pave the roads, defend the boarders and get the hell out of the way. Also, most people are sheep and need someone to follow and to tell them what to do so they give up their personal liberty and thus personal responsibility to the gov't.
    Then we need to put laws into effect that limit the amount of litigation that can be filed for personal mistakes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Then we need to put laws into effect that limit the amount of litigation that can be filed for personal mistakes.
    I'm all for that one. On a side note , it's one of the reasons why alot of doctor's go out of business because it's no longer profitable to be one. No vocation has a 100% success rate by it's practitioners. Everyone wants to sue the pants off them at the drop of a hat.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I'm all for that one. On a side note , it's one of the reasons why alot of doctor's go out of business because it's no longer profitable to be one. No vocation has a 100% success rate by it's practitioners. Everyone wants to sue the pants off them at the drop of a hat.
    True, and its also why our insurance and health care is so expensive.

United States
    Please.. if we were a society that had even the smallest semblence of personal responsibility I wouldn't have to read things like dish soap wasn't meant to be ingested and my blowdryer can't be put into the bathtub. For every warning label I read I prolly am shelling out a good fortune to pay for the lawsuit that warning label stemmed from. Its such crap. Its a person saying my bad I effed up but now you have to pay. Which is exactly the kind of society we stem from.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Please.. if we were a society that had even the smallest semblence of personal responsibility I wouldn't have to read things like dish soap wasn't meant to be ingested and my blowdryer can't be put into the bathtub. For every warning label I read I prolly am shelling out a good fortune to pay for the lawsuit that warning label stemmed from. Its such crap. Its a person saying my bad I effed up but now you have to pay. Which is exactly the kind of society we stem from.
    Again, the next time you see a conservative running on a platform to drive down costs, by limiting BS lawsuits, vote for him. Bush partially ran on that I think in 2000, although when it came to getting that stuff passed it was held up in congress.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Again, the next time you see a conservative running on a platform to drive down costs, by limiting BS lawsuits, vote for him. Bush partially ran on that I think in 2000, although when it came to getting that stuff passed it was held up in congress.
    If only bush was a true conservative like he claims to be. His policies on immigration and the unprecedented growth of gov't and national debt under his watch contradictcs that.

United States
    Well I would never vote conservative during a presidential election. But I wouldn't be suprised if that was part of Bush's platform since his cohorts are business owners worth millions upon billions who are tired of being sued in frivolous lawsuits so it would only be better for them if they could pass a bill to cap lawsuit payouts. And I sure hate to make fat cats fatter.

We need an alternate solution. Like a common sense law. If you're too stupid to know x what going to happen to you when you did something then that's your fault and now you're front page news for being a total moron so we've educated the public on your stupidity and you should know better so next time take caution.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    If only bush was a true conservative like he claims to be. His policies on immigration and the unprecedented growth of gov't and national debt under his watch contradictcs that.
    Oh for sure, I'm so sick of this immigration debacle. Its disgusting. I always laugh hard when liberals and democrats says conservatives are eeeeevvvvviiiillll just look at Heir Bush... its like... you know hes actually quite liberal don't you? He may piggy back on some conservative ideas like kicking terrorists asses and blessed tax relief... but everything else the man does smacks of liberalism.

Well I would never vote conservative during a presidential election. But I wouldn't be suprised if that was part of Bush's platform since his cohorts are business owners worth millions upon billions who are tired of being sued in frivolous lawsuits so it would only be better for them if they could pass a bill to cap lawsuit payouts. And I sure hate to make fat cats fatter.

We need an alternate solution. Like a common sense law. If you're too stupid to know x what going to happen to you when you did something then that's your fault and now you're front page news for being a total moron so we've educated the public on your stupidity and you should know better so next time take caution.
    Theres nothing wrong with fat cats getting fatter, in fact I am all for it. I don't believe in class envy. If someone is rich, I say good for them, heres a pat on the back. I got no ill will towards them. Making them poorer wont enrich my life, in fact it will just reduce the number of jobs they provide.

And you wont vote conservative why? Because they're rich? Is that why? Not a single democrat you have EVER voted for was middle class or lower.
    Last edited by Khardis; 08-Jul-2007 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh for sure, I'm so sick of this immigration debacle. Its disgusting. I always laugh hard when liberals and democrats says conservatives are eeeeevvvvviiiillll just look at Heir Bush... its like... you know hes actually quite liberal don't you? He may piggy back on some conservative ideas like kicking terrorists asses and blessed tax relief... but everything else the man does smacks of liberalism.

He pretty much had to label himself that because he needed the religeous right and the consrvatives in order to get elected. Just like a politician. They say one thing while campaigning and do another when the get in office.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    He pretty much had to label himself that because he needed the religeous right and the consrvatives in order to get elected. Just like a politician. They say one thing while campaigning and do another when the get in office.
    I am just really thankful that his, Teddy Kennedy's and McCain's shamnesty was yanked out form under them twice by conservatives and Union members.