Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons home-state revealed!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

The Simpsons home-state revealed!

The Springfield that The Simpsons live in has been revealed to be Vermont. I "can't be arsed" (too lazy) to find a link to a news story about this, so someone should post it here!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Who knew there were so many towns called springfield?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...ns-contest.htm
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    , dont take this as sarcasm at you but at groening, im about ten years past caring on this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    , dont take this as sarcasm at you but at groening, im about ten years past caring on this.
    I stpped watching the simpsons years ago myself. I really don't know what keeps it on the air. Family guy is way superior imo. And doesn't anybody else think it's a little late in it's life cycle for a movie? This would have been a good idea in the 90's when we downloaded trailers via dial up for 10 hours.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    and you know

when it was funny.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They announced that they signed contracts for THREE Simpsons films way back. It was at least 4 years ago. When they signed the contracts there was no time-constraint's so they could take as long as they wanted to release them. They did this because they have a hard enough time thinking up plots for new episodes... let alone thinking up something that could last an hour and a half.

Canada
    why do it now then?

all the simpsons are known for now is repetitive "humour" that makes 90% of the viewing audience zombies.

meh, whatever though, some people still enjoy it, so why not make the movie. I sure as hell won't be seeing it but that doesn't mean i will try and dissuade others from it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    why do it now then?
    For the most obvious of reasons. The apparently believe there's money to be made from it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I haven't seen a new Simpsons episode in many years. At least since 2003. But I will definitely go see this movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i bloody well wont, i cant stand it, i saw four episodes on sunday in the tv book on four channels, and ALL of them were different episodes but ALL of them were about bart doing something bad at school and it being the "last" straw and he gets sent to a camp.

groening is a bigger media whore than george lucas, uwe boll and the entire fox network combined!

Super Moderator

UK
    Woah, lotta hostility to Groening go-an-on here...

When the seasons got into double figures they started getting worse and worse (prior to double figured seasons it was 95% all gold, heck, even 100%). However, I've continued viewing it to see if it's going to get better, and after a piss poor season 16 and 17, season 18 finally brought some fresh pie to the party, they returned to their roots a bit more, rather than repeat-stories about Bart being bad and Homer being a bad husband (they even did two of those stories in one season - episode 1 and then the third episode, season 17 or 18 I think).

Anyway, season 18, after about 10 episodes broke free and got a lot better, by the end of the season there was a fair bit of fun to be had, and I certainly loved "24 Minutes", the 24 spoofing episode.

I remember near the end of season 17 there was one about Creationism - that was classic Simpson's, they need a bit more bite to their bark, and that's what they found again in the second half of season 18...not as sharp as it was pre-double-figured-seasons, but a marked improvement on the woefully bad seasons 16 and 17.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think you may be mistaken. I don't believe it was announced as "The Simpsons" home state but rather the place where the film would premier. There were about 10 Springfield's in the states wanting to premiere the film.

At least, I never heard it being announces as the character's home state. Just where the film would play first....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    They poke fun at the fact that nobody knows were Springfield is in the film. At least in the trailer. Ned says "and from here you can see the four states bordering ours! Nevada, Vermont, etc. etc."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    They poke fun at the fact that nobody knows were Springfield is in the film. At least in the trailer. Ned says "and from here you can see the four states bordering ours! Nevada, Vermont, etc. etc."
    1 springfield is just as good as another i guess.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    MAKES NO FACKING SENSE!!! they said themselves "the simpsons live in the midwest" if vermont is in the midwest,then i must be on the west coast