Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reservoir Dogs

Canada

Reservoir Dogs

I just finished watching this movie last night,
    it's one of my favorite bad guy movies.
    It's a never ending rollar coaster ride.
    Mr. Brown. Mr. Blond. Mr. White. Mr.Orange Mr. Blue and
    Mr. Pink. They were all great.

Mr. Blond was a real bad a**, what he did to that cop.
    The ending is great too, a big shoot out and no one
    really wins. Well, except Mr. Pink

What did you think.
    Liked it? Hated it?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I loved it. How could anybody not. I love it's gritty unapologetic feel. It's the only tarentino film besides pulp fiction that i like.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ??? Mr Pink doesn't win at all...

You hear him run outside and the cops pull up, they yell a bit, then shoot him.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its a great film but i prefer pulp fiction myself.

though two eyars ago at the start of college my first essay in film studies was on the opening scene adn the ear scene ,so i dunno abotu any other students now or gone but if you have to read or watch somethign to study it, you quickly grow to like it less.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "What the f*ck do you mean you don't tip????"

You'd be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't like RD. Usually the ones that don't either A) hate true violence and language, or B) Say they don't like it just to stand out in the large crowd of people that do.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah we call em posers.

funny thing is everyone in film class watched the ear scene but that ultra christian guy i talked about a while back (the "dinosaurs all turned into dragons" guy ) could take that but not star wars.

funny how people will be fine with some stuff ina film but not others.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I never understood the whole "ear scene" controversy. In the original cut of the film(i've heard there's a new, multi-angle version of the scene now) you really don't see that much. People can picture it in their head so easily that they freak out about it.

Seriously....go back and watch that scene sometime and think about it. Tarantino got a lot of crap about it being full of gore and torture, but nothing is really shown!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Yeah, I never understood the whole "ear scene" controversy. In the original cut of the film(i've heard there's a new, multi-angle version of the scene now) you really don't see that much. People can picture it in their head so easily that they freak out about it.

Seriously....go back and watch that scene sometime and think about it. Tarantino got a lot of crap about it being full of gore and torture, but nothing is really shown!
    That reminds me of the original texas chainsaw masacre. It is remembered as one of the bloodiest, sick films of all time. I actually watched it a couple of months ago and there really wasn't that much shown there either. The gore was lame by todays' standards. I think as time goes on the bar on what's acceptable to show in a film gets lowered. You could have never released a film like hostel 10 years ago, especially not with a republican controlled congress.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    is it a good or a bad thing though?, that people are now used to more extreme forms of violence?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    is it a good or a bad thing though?, that people are now used to more extreme forms of violence?
    Constant exposure to Violence tends to desensitize those exposed to it. I believe it's a bad thing in the respect that to most people murder is no big deal when it's supposed to be. You see it on the news, movies and video games. Movies are just entertainment but the real life issues portrayed in them are serious.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    but then political correctness gone wrong guys come in and tries to do the "oh lets hope we offend no one" spin on it rather than actually put it in the right context.

swear to god over here before heroes it says "this show contains adult themes and events and the use of a foreign language".

funnily enough people got offended by that and the foreign language bit was replaced with "drug use and adult problems" or something liek that.

ITS ON AT 10PM, OF COURSE ITS NOT GOING TO BE FOR KIDS!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    but then political correctness gone wrong guys come in and tries to do the "oh lets hope we offend no one" spin on it rather than actually put it in the right context.

swear to god over here before heroes it says "this show contains adult themes and events and the use of a foreign language".

funnily enough people got offended by that and the foreign language bit was replaced with "drug use and adult problems" or something liek that.

ITS ON AT 10PM, OF COURSE ITS NOT GOING TO BE FOR KIDS!

That's the main problem with cenosoring "offensive" material. The term is just too subjective. Who's to say what affects the sensibilities of a certain individual and what doesn't?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    a bunch of people who love the smell of there owns farts is my best guess.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    a bunch of people who love the smell of there owns farts is my best guess.
    They love it so much they trap it in a bottle so that it's portable.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah, we call that the i-pod over here.