Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero III Adds DragonForce, Others

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Exclamation Guitar Hero III Adds DragonForce, Others

Activision announced the addition of the hardest, greatest song in the history of video-rythym games: Dragon Force's Through the Fire and Flames will be a playable track in Guitar Hero III!

The European metal gods DragonForce's finger-breaking epic joins Red Hot Chili Peppers - Suck My Kiss, Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast, and ZZ Top - La Grange in the game.

Click the cut for a full, Guitar Hero 3 track listing and an OMG-RAWK! look at DragonForce on Attack of the Show.

Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins (Master Track)
    Cult of Personality - Living Colour (Master Track)
    Even Flow - Pearl Jam (Master Track)
    Knight of Cydonia - Muse (Master Track)
    Lay Down - Priestess (Master Track)
    My Name is Jonas - Weezer (Master Track)
    Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
    Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones (Master Track)
    The Metal - Tenacious D (Master Track)
    Sabotage - Beastie Boys (Master Track)
    She Builds Quick Machines - Velvet Revolver (Master Track)
    Suck My Kiss - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Master Track)
    Through the Fire and Flames - DragonForce
    Welcome to the Jungle - Gun N’ Roses
    Covers:
    Barracuda - Heart (Cover)
    La Grange - ZZ Top (Cover)
    Rock and Roll All Nite - Kiss (Cover)
    Rock You Like a Huricane - Scorpions (Cover)
    School’s Out - Slive Cooper (Cover)
    Slow Ride - Foghat (Cover)
    Character List

Axel Steel
    Casey Lynch
    Izzy Sparks
    Judy Nails
    Johnny Napalm
    Lars Ümlaüt
    Xavier Stone
    Slash will also appear in this game as an unlockable character
    Battle Modes

Broken string: One fret button on the opponent’s guitar will not work until it is fixed (by rapidly tapping the button).

Difficulty up: The opponent will play the song on an increased difficulty for a short duration of time (except for expert difficulty).

Amp overload: The fret board will shake and appear blurry, making the scrolling notes difficult to read.

Whammy bar: The opponent will have to use the whammy bar before he/she can play notes again.

Steal power: This will steal your opponent’s power-up (this will be lost if used when the opponent has no power-up).

Double notes: The opponent will have to play twice as many notes for a short duration of time.

Lefty flip: The fret board will be mirrored, requiring the player to switch their handedness on the guitar.

This looks pretty sweet. I might hold out for this one for my GH experience.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos....html#readmore
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I have a feeling Through the Fire and Flames will be nearly impossible to complete on Expert for everyone except the top percentile of GH players. I'm more excited for this than Rock Band. The partial list of tracks is great so far, and I can only imagine what other tunes are in store for us.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    I have a feeling Through the Fire and Flames will be nearly impossible to complete on Expert for everyone except the top percentile of GH players. I'm more excited for this than Rock Band. The partial list of tracks is great so far, and I can only imagine what other tunes are in store for us.

I don't expect to have too many more that come with the retail package. I do expect them to have some song packs available via download from the marketplace. Rock band is definitely going to have to step their game up if they want to compete with gh3 though. That's a pretty impressive lineup so far.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Guitar Hero II had what, 50 licensed songs and 24 bonus songs, plus the download packs? I expect a LOT more to be revealed in the coming months. Online multiplayer should be a blast, too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    * Looks into crystal ball*

"I see rampant carpal tunnel syndrome in many gamers futures !!"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Despite the fact that Dragonforce are amazing musicians, I can't farking stand them. I especially can't stand when people think they're the most metal a band could ever get.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Despite the fact that Dragonforce are amazing musicians, I can't farking stand them. I especially can't stand when people think they're the most metal a band could ever get.
    I'm not into metal at all so i'll have to take your word for it. I just posted this for my fellow gamers.

Question: who is the most metal that a band could get?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Question: who is the most metal that a band could get?
    JUDAS F**KIN PRIEST!!!

(as far as heavy metal goes)

There really is no true answer to that question.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    meh, theres abotu 5 or 6 decent songs on there, rock band seems more appealing everyday.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    meh, theres abotu 5 or 6 decent songs on there, rock band seems more appealing everyday.
    Is it that you have gh fatigue or is that shiny new set calling to you? It's o.k. you can tell me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the only 2 i like on there are kiss and dragonforce, granted there are bands i dont dig but are still good on there but all but 2 wouldnt be fun to play since i dont like the songs, wereas 2 has a bitchin' soundtrack, anyone know what the lineup for rock bands song list is?

United States
    Not sure what songs are up for Rock Band, but I know both games are trying to get a lot more master tracks rather than covers. I think GHIII has an excellent lineup, so far. Cherub Rock, Sabotage, My Name Is Jonas, Even Flow...excellent choices. Living Colour couldn't find the master track for Cult of Personality, so they re-recorded the entire song with an all new guitar solo. Should be rad. Guitar Hero II is still my most played game, and I've almost got 5 stars on all the Hard songs...now if I could just master Expert...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Never fear guys. I found some songs that will be on there. it was posted july, 11th.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-522976

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nice find darth

The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again"
    Mountain - "Mississippi Queen"*
    David Bowie - "Suffragette City"
    Black Sabbath - "Paranoid"*
    Blue Oyster Cult - "Don't Fear the Reaper"
    The Ramones - "Rockaway Beach"
    Rush - "Tom Sawyer"*
    Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead or Alive"
    Nirvana - "In Bloom"
    Stone Temple Pilots - "Vasoline"
    Weezer - "Say It Ain't So"
    Foo Fighters - "Learn to Fly"
    The Hives - "Main Offender"
    The Strokes - "Reptilia"
    Queens of the Stone Age - "Go With the Flow"
    Metallica - "Enter Sandman"

now thats getting somewere, shame about no dragonforce or slayer but still not bad, though since there last game, guitar hero 2 had like 72 songs on..or 42 i aint sure, theres probably gonna be loads more to come.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Mountain - "Mississippi Queen"
    Worth getting for this track alone.