Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we really need more Jurassic Park movies?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Question Do we really need more Jurassic Park movies?

Now jurassic park is one my fondest childhood movies, first film i saw and decided i wanted to make films myself, so its one of them i hold as near and dear as many people on here from the generation before mine would hold something like E.T, that said 3 was a total "meh" film, it wasnt bad, but it brought nothing new to the series that we hadnt seen in the previous 2.
    So what the hell can we expect from a 4th one?

The only storyline ive heard so far that i liked was that The dinosaurs have spread over the world and are just accepted as part of the natural world again, till a new disease develops in them, the one that wiped them out once before (or something like that), only this time humans can catch it too, so its either tham or us, so cue humans vs dinosaurs with explosion and crap of big enough magnitude to make meichal bay spooge.
    now thats a movie i'd watch, but thats one proposed story line for this 2008 film, most others are yet another freakin' island, samuel L. fighting dinosaurs on a boat (no im not kidding) and other been there done that scenarios.
    i mean if they can get away with saying its a world were dinosaurs exist once again then why not have a big apocalyptic storyline were the whole worlds involved not one little isolated incident, i mean jesus, what next, they run from the dinosaurs and run into jack and hurly from lost and do a crossover?

-edited for spelling, im normally bad but im sleepy so this time it was donwright atrocious.
    Last edited by Danny; 29-Aug-2007 at 09:01 PM. Reason: My spelling this time was horrifying

Dead

Undisclosed
    well, I could have answered that just from reading the subject and the answer is...

Hell No!

I loved the first Jurassic Park when it came out. It's also a movie I consider special because that, Star Wars, and Raiders of the Lost Ark is what made me want to be a film maker. Just the first shot of Sam Neil and Laura Dern in front of the variety of dinosaurs just brought so much imagination to the screen. While it was nothing special, especially by today's terms, it was something else in 1993, especially to somebody under 10. Plus John Williams turned in another great score with the second.

The Lost World, while not as good as the first, was still a good movie because it offered a change in plot and location from the first and was a little more violent and dark. The acting was as good as the first and Williams did another great job on the score. Jurassic Park 3 was a fun popcorn flick, but really that's all it amounted to.

I see nothing but disaster for Universal if they made a 4th. Just look at Rush Hour 3, the series peaked in 2002 with the 2nd and so far the 3rd has been quite the failure. The fan base has moved on because they've gotten older, and they hopefully have gotten smarter. With Jurassic Park I think had its time in the 90s and was only able to get away with making money off the third because it had some enjoyable factors. But from what I've heard about the 4th, which at one point had dinosaurs firing weapons, it will only crush the good merit the first 2 have made.

I'm also not a fan of the idea of taking the dinosaurs off the islands. The Lost World briefly took place in San Diego and we all got to see what would happen if they got to civilization. So we've been there, seen that, and there's really nothing left to offer.

At least, those are my thoughts...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I really don't care. The first film is the only one I cared about. Even with Speilberg at the helm of the second, it was no match for the original. (That's not to say that the sequels aren't entertaining movies)

The last I heard, the fourth film involved some f*cked up plot about the dinosaurs being fitted with weapons and being used in the armed forces.

And on a side note....that poster has got to be fan made.

United States
    2 Was s h i t. I could never even sit through it all, that and the grudge 2, everytime I tried to watch them I fell asleep.

3 was ok. It should of ended at 3 though

and no we wont need another one UNLESS they mated and broke out and populated the world and only a few ppl survived and they nuced the world.

thatd be sweet.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Simple answer to your subject question:

Yes.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    the grudge 2, everytime I tried to watch them I fell asleep.

You made it through the first film?

United States
    the first once tickled my fancy a tad bit

Canada
    The original jurrasic park was a masterpiece, and it still is. I love it jsut as much if not mroe so then i did when i 1st saw it. 2 was a great movie as well, but i loathe 3 with a passion.

end teh bloody series, it's done for IMO.

Administrator

England
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/18166

...and sounds like they're think of V as well
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I'm hoping for more of them... Loved the first one... enjoyed the second... the third one not so much but all very worthwhile and good... if they can make another Indiana Jones why not make another Jurassic Park? I just hope that they dont go and hire kids again or feature a singer in the movie... to me that's a sign of a bad movie to come...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    whilst that aint a patch on the origional id think i still watch that flick, sounds better than 3 by any means.

Canada
    Tyranosuarus rex for the win!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    That AICN script sounds like it sucked bigtime. Way too fantastic.

If the script is good, and original, then hit it. Otherwise I can make without.

Kazakhstan
    meh.

they were all crap apart from the first one.

if they HAVE TO make a another, remake the first movie but make it 100% faithful to the book.

failing that, have some sort of post apocalyptic thing with dinosaurs stalking the deserted streets of manhattan, with the reasons for the downfall of society and the spread of the dinosaurs being explained through exposition
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    ooo now that sounds good
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html